Goodbye Jesus

can the god of abraham not make up his damn mind?

willybilly30

i thought of something look at this:

first their was judaism founded by the god of abraham. jews are bible gods chosen.

second he has a son in the new testament christians are now bible gods chosen and jews will go to hell

third mohammed the prophet brings the koran now muslims are bible gods chosen jews and christians will go to hell.

first the old testament was gods holy book, now the old and new testament. ok now the koran.

im shure someones going to say but muslims are the false one or jews are or christians are.

well you better be right. but since bible god changed his mind 3 damn times in a row hes probally already got another religion thats his chosen people and your religions the one going to hell.

i swear the more i ponder this damn bible god stuff the more i see its crazyness.

oh wait i forgot about the mormons the book of mormon god changed his mind again.

what about the jews who were born before christianity? what about the muslims who never heard of mormons,

guess their in hell.

why couldnt the god of abraham of got it strait the first time? wouldnt it of made better since.

oh wait i can make another observation.

the denominations of christianity the my church is right and your church is going to hell belief.

the bible says god is not the author of confusion but you can see this is a lie.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

thats another thing thats confusing i mean the old testament says nothing about jesus or mohammed.

the old and new totally contadict each other. and bible god says hes not the author of confusion :lmao:

its no wonder these cults dont want you to think about things cause by thinking then it no loger makes sense

thats another thing thats confusing i mean the old testament says nothing about jesus or mohammed.

the old and new totally contadict each other. and bible god says hes not the author of confusion :lmao:

Yuppie, welcome to the confusion called Christianity

Click on the site given in my signature, you will love it. (Best place to check "Various Christian claim and rationionlisation)

i have seen that before i havent read them all yet but i am going to. it really makes you think

Yuppie, welcome to the confusion called Christianity

Click on the site given in my signature, you will love it. (Best place to check "Various Christian claim and rationionlisation)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carmen @ The Refiner's Fire

first their was judaism founded by the god of abraham. jews are bible gods chosen.

second he has a son in the new testament christians are now bible gods chosen and jews will go to hell

third mohammed the prophet brings the koran now muslims are bible gods chosen jews and christians will go to hell.

i swear the more i ponder this damn bible god stuff the more i see its crazyness.

the bible says god is not the author of confusion but you can see this is a lie.....

The Bible is RIGHT: God is NOT the author of confusion! Unfortunately, according to what you said, you don't have a good grasp of the Bible. Please read everything on this page: http://www.therefinersfire.org/challenging_atheism.htm

Carmen @ The Refiner's Fire

the bible says god is not the author of confusion but you can see this is a lie.....

The Bible is RIGHT: God is NOT the author of confusion! Unfortunately, according to what you said, you don't have a good grasp of the Bible. Please read everything on this page: http://www.therefinersfire.org/challenging_atheism.htm

Refiner's Fire? you were the prejudice group that asked why atheists and non Christians should celebrate the holidays, suggesting that we should not, correct? I'm sorry I do not like reading the propaganda of prejudice groups. If you, personally would like to say why you believe the bible is right please do. If you yourself can show how the OP does not have a good grasp of the bible, please do so, from what I see he has a decent grasp of it.

Uh, Carmen? Judging from your website, I'd say you don't have a good grasp on things like using your brain.

i am not interested in that shit im not going to waste my time reading it. i ongly read what interests me. i used to study the bible every night when i got home from school ten years ago i know tha bible. i also notice you oviously think im athiest. you should get to know your enemies before you fight them

Ok, I'll give this a shot:

Since you are an atheist, why do you celebrate Christmas or Easter? Why do you take vacations during that time? Why do you sing Christmas carols?

Besides the fact that these festivals predate their christian versions, the easiest answer is cultural indoctrination. Believe me, my celebrations have much more to do w/Santa and the Easter bunny than anything in your religion. Vacations? I wish! I had to work christmas and new year's eves this year. I usually take my vacations around memorial day weekend (another cultural ritual). Though I do like some christmas carols, my favorites tend towards "White Christmas" and "Sleighbells ring".

Nearly every American partakes of the pagan holiday of Halloween. As an atheist, do you allow your children to partake of this "fun" holiday? If so, you are, in essence, bowing down to pagan gods!

Again, cultural indoctrination. My celebration of this holiday has little or nothing in common w/the original "All Hallow's Eve", the night before All Saints Day. If you honestly believe that a kid dressing up as winnie the pooh and getting candy from the neighbors is somehow "bowing" to pagan gods, well...good luck with that.

Why do you take a "day of rest"? Do you take off Saturdays and Sundays, or some other day of the week? Why? It was YHWH who commanded us to rest on the seventh day. Since you're an atheist, why bother taking a day off from work at all?

I take a "day of rest" because of labor codes created in the early twentieth century. Besides, who the hell would WANT to work 7 days a week? I would also be interested if you could find for me the biblical passage that changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday...

I'll take a look at the rest of the site when I have a little more time. This should give you enough to get started...

IMOHO,

:thanks:

Carmen,

Refer to this URL:

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/philosoph...Jesus$.asp

NO, basically I am not getting into the topic of Jesus-Messiah, but I wish to ask you to scroll down, we read:

7) BRINGING THE MESSIAH

Maimonides states that the popularity of Christianity (and Islam) is part of God's plan to spread the ideals of Torah throughout the world. This moves society closer to a perfected state of morality and toward a greater understanding of God. All this is in preparation for the Messianic age.

Rabbinic Judaism believes in the divinity of Christianity and Islam also, but in your Messianic Judaism site, you clearly states the invalidity of Islam. Remember, there is a difference in Islam and 'Islam-being-abused'.

I have no problem you believe Jesus as the Messiah, but yours is obviously the evangelical Christian belief (mine and only mine is valid), why attempt to address yours in the name of Judaism?

-----

And Willybilly, I hope Maimonides’ statement helps more understanding in your questions towards Abrahamic God.

Scotter

Ok, I'll give this a shot:

Since you are an atheist, why do you celebrate Christmas or Easter? Why do you take vacations during that time? Why do you sing Christmas carols?

Besides the fact that these festivals predate their christian versions, the easiest answer is cultural indoctrination. Believe me, my celebrations have much more to do w/Santa and the Easter bunny than anything in your religion. Vacations? I wish! I had to work christmas and new year's eves this year. I usually take my vacations around memorial day weekend (another cultural ritual). Though I do like some christmas carols, my favorites tend towards "White Christmas" and "Sleighbells ring".

Nearly every American partakes of the pagan holiday of Halloween. As an atheist, do you allow your children to partake of this "fun" holiday? If so, you are, in essence, bowing down to pagan gods!

Again, cultural indoctrination. My celebration of this holiday has little or nothing in common w/the original "All Hallow's Eve", the night before All Saints Day. If you honestly believe that a kid dressing up as winnie the pooh and getting candy from the neighbors is somehow "bowing" to pagan gods, well...good luck with that.

Why do you take a "day of rest"? Do you take off Saturdays and Sundays, or some other day of the week? Why? It was YHWH who commanded us to rest on the seventh day. Since you're an atheist, why bother taking a day off from work at all?

I take a "day of rest" because of labor codes created in the early twentieth century. Besides, who the hell would WANT to work 7 days a week? I would also be interested if you could find for me the biblical passage that changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday...

I'll take a look at the rest of the site when I have a little more time. This should give you enough to get started...

IMOHO,

Yep I was right that IS the site. Pure prejudice propaganda. When Carmen wants to speak to me as an equal humanbeing we might be able of discussion, but since they are unable to see anyone outside of their brand of Christianity as human I am afraid true dialog is immpossible.

Unfortunately, according to what you said, you don't have a good grasp of the Bible.

Unfortunately, you don't have a good grasp of objective reality. And I am not going to bother referring you to another website to explain why, as there's no cure for ignorance.

Wow! I've had a chance to look at this site a little more, and to be honest, I think I've lost some IQ points as a result.

From "An Open Letter to Atheists"

The number of his name, as you know, is 666 (which comes from the Hebrew letters, each of which has a numerical value. HaSatan's number was 666). Today's bar codes are all based on 666 (See The Number 666 in UPC Barcodes). God warns us that those who take this "mark" are automatically destined for hell....

This makes me laugh everytime I see it. If anyone's interested this is what

Snopes.com has to say:

Contrary to popular myth, no bar code includes the number 666. This belief arose because the number six is represented by a pattern similar to that of the guard bars used to mark the beginning, middle, and end of every bar code. Since the guard bars always appear three times in a given bar code, people who mistakenly read them as sixes claimed that the pattern 6-6-6 was embedded in every bar code. However, if you look closely at the '6' in a bar code, you will see that there is a wide white bar either to the left or the right of its pattern (depending upon where within the bar code the number is positioned), which is not the case with the guard bars. The only numbers on the bar code which are scanned are those shown in the conventional numerals underneath it.

I can't keep going, this is just too sad. Carmen, if you ever actually come back and read this, please know you have my heart felt sympathies.

Wow! I've had a chance to look at this site a little more, and to be honest, I think I've lost some IQ points as a result.

The number of his name, as you know, is 666 (which comes from the Hebrew letters, each of which has a numerical value. HaSatan's number was 666). Today's bar codes are all based on 666 (See The Number 666 in UPC Barcodes). God warns us that those who take this "mark" are automatically destined for hell....

Snopes.com has to say:

Contrary to popular myth, no bar code includes the number 666. This belief arose because the number six is represented by a pattern similar to that of the guard bars used to mark the beginning, middle, and end of every bar code. Since the guard bars always appear three times in a given bar code, people who mistakenly read them as sixes claimed that the pattern 6-6-6 was embedded in every bar code. However, if you look closely at the '6' in a bar code, you will see that there is a wide white bar either to the left or the right of its pattern (depending upon where within the bar code the number is positioned), which is not the case with the guard bars. The only numbers on the bar code which are scanned are those shown in the conventional numerals underneath it.

I can't keep going, this is just too sad. Carmen, if you ever actually come back and read this, please know you have my heart felt sympathies.

Carmen is lying for Jesus! :nono:

Isn't that blasphemy? :scratch:

Cause I fucking want to.

Same answer.

Any other questions, dipshit?

The Bible is RIGHT: God is NOT the author of confusion! Carmen @ The Refiner's Fire

:lmao::lmao:

Thank you, Carmen. Each and every day someone comes in here and brightens my world with humor and wit.

:lmao:

That was great.

Where in the world is Carmen the Fundies brain?

Snopes.com has to say:

I know, it cracks me up too. (I kept the whole quote from you, because I think the facts are worth repeating)

And don't forget, they recently found that 666 is wrong, the earlier manuscripts say 616. So the number of the Beast is not 666, but 616 and then it invalidates all the claims of 666 sightings everywhere.

Religion News Blog: Beast's real mark devalued to '616'

Didn't Carmen do this a few months back? Seems I specifically remember someone posting those questions to the board.

Yes. The same.

Religious idiots don't change, they just go into hiding for a little while, and then come back with the same old claims and hope that everyone forgot how to refute them!