Goodbye Jesus

Ah ha! We've been noticed...

saxyroze

I went to this website to pose as a "Christian" for research and after posting my "Christian" post I poked around and found this thread. We've been noticed. :wicked: Ok, I admit, I get entertained easily and honestly, I've never really seen a forum I post in be recognized in another forum. New for me. :HaHa:

http://www.christianforums.com/t2026418-wi...christians.html

I went to this website to pose as a "Christian" for research and after posting my "Christian" post I poked around and found this thread. We've been noticed. :wicked: Ok, I admit, I get entertained easily and honestly, I've never really seen a forum I post in be recognized in another forum. New for me. :HaHa:

http://www.christianforums.com/t2026418-wi...christians.html

That was pretty entertaining. Thanks for posting it, Saxy!

I don't pose on Christian sites because I don't like using the language they use (Christianese), but I do like to read them.

Taph

:lmao:

That's funny. They get into a disagreement about whether or not there's such a thing as an ex-christian.

Little do they know, there's no such thing as a true christian.

OOh. And the presence of the dark spirit that's here. Sends the freakin shivvers down my spine.

they say exchristians dont exist

we dont exist this board must be my imagination lol

shit what stupidity.

i read all the replys on their its dumb

i guess i dont exist either

thats so stupid its funny

Wow, they really don't have a clue, do they?

I would say that even though "Clone" still believes......he most definitely has a clue.

Or would that be a contradiction to you? :HaHa:

Interesting......

Post #8 got to me. :(

Why?

yea they dont want to think someone could be a christian and understand the bible then later leave it.

the testemony section has ex ministers, singers, evangelists but for some reason christians never believe that section.

Interesting......

Interesting......

Why?

Because sadly, he's right about so many things. The hurt brought on by the church and their treatment of people.

Wow, they really don't have a clue, do they?

I would say that even though "Clone" still believes......he most definitely has a clue.

Or would that be a contradiction to you? :HaHa:

I meant and I said 'they' in general, but as for Mr Clone, first I think he's full of it. I've heard that a thousand times about how someone was running away from god and all that. I don't buy it, but it makes a good story. Provides him with perceived credibility and the standing to be able to pontificate on this topic. Unfortunately, as has been covered on this site many times, we're not just a bunch of hurt or beaten down disillusioned lost souls. In fact, the opposite is true. I consider most of us on this site highly enlightened. Granted, there is adjustment and growth to be done when one deconverts. But back to Mr Clone, he generalizes that legalism and hypocricy is what drives people away. That has been shown not to be true for the most part on this site. In fact, it's not even the reason he gives for his years of wandering, so he has no clue in my opinion.

Interesting......

Why?

Because Sofia is an introspective flower. :HaHa:

I wish pushy Christians would take notice of post 8

Because Sofia is an introspective flower. :HaHa:

I wish pushy Christians would take notice of post 8

I love the way you think.......

:HaHa:

But most of the testimonies aren't like that from here. I'd say the majority left after studying the bible and reading for themselves. However, I could be wrong because I haven't read each and every testimony. For me it was because of reading the bible, trying to find gods truth for the first time and noticing for myself the discrepancies. I read and prayed and read and prayed and cried and almost destroyed my family and searched all the apologetics I could find...nothing was good enough, none of the excuses made sense. I'd venture to say that many here are like that although I know that quite a few left because of being hurt, not believing in the first place, etc.

Maybe a Poll is in order.

Yeah, maybe his post was lost on me since he was only refering to an area of xtianity that is undesirable, but that had nothing to do with my non belief. I'm only concerned with what is true and what is not true, not with who offends me or who has a more healthy/less healthy view of a non existant god.

OMG! I'm still saved!?! That just ruined my Xmas (well I guess I have to say Christmas now)!

btw. I noticed they didn't post a link to this site. I guess we're too hard to convert so they are going to find some people who are easier to witness to.

That link is a hoot.

A man in a crashing plane was told to put on his parachute. He instead points to the flight attendant on a magazine that the Captain flying the plane is a vegetarian and therefore refuses to put on the parachute because he thought the Captain ate anything. Boom, he dies.

An exchristian in life that will crash eventually to death is told to put on Jesus Christ. Because of his interpretation to scripture and personal view of how God has killed so many people in the old testament, he refuses to put on Jesus Christ. Boom he perishes.

That is supposed to illustrate how not becoming a True Christian™ will lead one's soul to the same sort of ruin that not putting on a parachute would cause in the event of a falling plane. Now how in the hell does that makes sense? The first paragraph doesn't even read well - and this is the "witnessing" that's supposed to convert us? People who can't even make a grammatically correct analogy that is clear. The guy who posted this must think he's Jesus, typing in parables and whatnot.

God gave us free will, very true. But completely 100% irrelavant to being saved. The Bible says when you come to Christ you are sealed, meaning your sins are washed away for good. If you ever gave your life to Christ you are saved. There is no such thing as becoming unsaved. It's God's promise to us that he will seal us forever. Your free will does not extend above God's Word.

Then why bother "witnessing" to us ex-Christians? We believed in Jesus once, so we're saved by this logic, right? Of course, it's utter and total nonsense, and the Bible does teach that one can become "unsaved", but the same Bible also teaches salvation through works as well as faith. But of course part and parcel of being a True Christian™ is believing the Bible is God's literal word - and then picking and choosing which verses best suit your agenda.

What a riot. :lmao:

That's funny. They get into a disagreement about whether or not there's such a thing as an ex-christian.

Little do they know, there's no such thing as a true christian.

OOh. And the presence of the dark spirit that's here. Sends the freakin shivvers down my spine.

It really was funny - post 8 aside :lmao:

But I just have one question :grin:

Some of the people that have been raised there are very skilled at manipulating the truth of the Cross, and the Word. I have found that they can have very cruel hearts, and great cynicism.

OK Mr. Grinch what did you say to "Clone" :wicked:

Oh... and whatever it was.... keep it up ;)

A man in a crashing plane was told to put on his parachute. He instead points to the flight attendant on a magazine that the Captain flying the plane is a vegetarian and therefore refuses to put on the parachute because he thought the Captain ate anything. Boom, he dies.

An exchristian in life that will crash eventually to death is told to put on Jesus Christ. Because of his interpretation to scripture and personal view of how God has killed so many people in the old testament, he refuses to put on Jesus Christ. Boom he perishes.

I read this on the site, and I have no idea what the first part is supposed to mean. It makes no sense to me. Could someone please explain to me how the guy is offended and why he won't put on the parachute?

Taph

Yeah, I didn't really get the plane crash analogy either. If that's the best they can do, it's probably a good thing that they didn't post a link to this site. They'd be in for a real eye-opener.

It's all kind of irrelevant anyway. (according to christianism)..

You don't have to live as a christian to avoid hell. You only have to die as one.

jesus fuckin christmas that post brings a tear to my eye :grin:

Look at this comment:

Well there really is no such thing as an ex-Christian. If you were ever saved then you still are. These people whom you are referring to seem to me like those who went to church but were never truly saved. Or there could be Christians falling off the path. Either way the best thing to do would to be lifting them up in prayer. God alone can set them on the right path.

1) "Well there really is no such thing as an ex-Christian."

Standard fundy comment, but where is the obligatory contradiction? Oh, wait, there it is.... never far behind:

2) "Or there could be Christians falling off the path."

Let's get this straight, we could be christians who have fallen off the path, but we can't be ex-christians? I can profess God is a fucking cunt-ass mother fucker, hope to the same fucking god that I never go to heaven, but I can't be an ex-christian? Jesus motherfucking christmas, maybe I have only just 'fallen off the path'! Well, fuck god and jesus in all their fucking cocksmoking glory.

Hopefully I made my point that I was a christian and now hope to fuckin whatever that I never befall the same christian bullshit again that I once was wallowing in.

grrr. If I have one prayer left, it is that I hope I die void of all things religious.

I personally enjoyed this post...

This is what I do when I come across someone who says they used to be a Christian.

I ask them a simple question: "Did you know the Lord?"

Now if they say 'no', then you can reply with that you weren't really a Christian then, but a prentender (Rom 10).

But now if they say 'yes' they are openly admiting to being rebellious against a Holy God.

From there it can lead onto a witnessing encounter. Remember the object is to bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Witness in love.

:Wendywhatever:

This is what I do when I come across someone who says they used to be a Christian.

Now if they say 'no', then you can reply with that you weren't really a Christian then, but a prentender (Rom 10).

But now if they say 'yes' they are openly admiting to being rebellious against a Holy God.

From there it can lead onto a witnessing encounter. Remember the object is to bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Witness in love.

:Wendywhatever:

...to which we ask, "Can you show me your god?"

Heh, I don't understand the Captian eating thing either. I thought perhaps I was dense and just not picking up on some cliche being used or something.

I'm sorry folks talk about you that way, it is really rather immature. If you think about it though, it is just evidence to how threatened they feel that you can have differing beliefs and be happy with yourselves and your lives.

Heh... I registered there.

I'm now "GodlessGuy" on CF.

I won't post anything, I'm just waiting to see if I get FundyMail™ in my PM box.

Their question "Did you know the Lord" kind of starts with the presup that the Lord is a real entity or person or whatever else you want to call it.

What you need to say is "I was a believer".

In the same sense that there are believers in Sasquatch. In the Lost City of Atlantis. In Alien Abductions.

Christianism has more believers. That doesn't make it any less mythological.