Goodbye Jesus

JW's

Guest zoolook

Guest zoolook

hi there, not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not?

first off, i'm an atheist.

about 20yrs back, when i woz 'investigating' the xstian faith, i ended up studying with a few denominations for a while. needless to say, it obviously didn't help in getting me to the 'other side'.

however, i do remember at 1point is woz studying with the jehovah's witnesses, who i might add, all seemed really nice people.

you are probably aware of this teaching already? but, they believe that all the sin and wars and suffering etc boils down to adam and eve or course. i asked once that overused question, why doesn't god stop all the bad stuff in our world?

and their answer woz that he can't. sure he has the power to do so, but he can't, becoz then all the angels would know that he'd made a mistake in the first place , and what with him being perfect and all that, it would look really bad! it's a little more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

so i told them how stupid, god will not do anything about the horror in the world coz he'd look bad, and he especially doesn't want to look bad in front of satan. i said that god must be really stubborn, pig headed, and selfish, and we're all being sacrificed so to speak, becoz of it, and they said that's why jesus came here etc........

'don't worry, he will do something soon', i woz told. according to you the bad stuff has been going on for 6,000yrs or so, seems a long time to wait. 'but a thousand yrs is like a day to god'. sure, but it's not for us, is it?

i had to tell the witnesses that this god they're telling me about, doesn't match the one that's supposed to be all-loving and benevolent, and that i can't accept your beliefs, basically they're crap!

there were other things too, little things like men shouldn't have beards! and that whole thing about the man being in charge of his wife and that a female has to wear something on her head, if she's giving a talk or praying in front of men!

their beliefs are just full of holes, and it seems so obvious to me, yet there are all these witnesses in the world, basically brainwashed.

i woz wondering if this 'looking bad in front of the angels stuff' is also part of mainstream christianity as well?

I would agree with you that JW's are very nice people, I feel bad when I have to turn them away. I just tell them I've had blood transfusion and they seem to leave me alone.

I have never heard anything like this in mainstream Christianity. Satan pretty much has control over the world until God decides to come back and put an end to it. God allows suffering because of sin in the world. Yes, it began with Adam and Eve. However, to put an end to suffering Jesus died for our sins. (How that was supposed to end all the suffering I don't know, but Christians say it ended "spiritual death" as long as you accept Jesus as your savior, which I guess as long as you don't suffer spiritually, suffering in real life doesn't matter.) The reason people suffer now, is because of their sin. It's their fault.

Taph

zoolook,

Generally the religious cultists come in two calibers..

When they come to house or shop, there is always a firearm of sorts needing cleaned.

JW's abhor them and leave. The LDS kids generally say something like "Cool, my Dad has one of those!"

The southronBabbtitz ask "Y'all got ammo for that? If not, I have a few boxes I can part with cheap!"

Most Presbies/Episcos look down their nose at "such a useless enterprise, so dirty and noisy!"

Anyway, its kickass to find what folks think of my life when they are exposed to things like machineguns and ugly black firearms.. :)

kL

Ah the Witnesses. You've got pretty much everything right in your post, actually, simply condensed without all the run around answers you'd usually get that make the whole thing sound so pretty.

Yeah basically, God's letting it go on as a 'vindication of his name' which, when looked from an unbiased perspective is a real assholish thing to do, considering it's fucking up our lives in the process.

They've got their quirks, like all of the Christophiles, but yeah - most of them are genuinely nice people, that's what makes it so hard for those of us who used to be witnesses to still have family in them. We KNOW they're smarter and better than what they're getting sucked into, they just don't see it.

so richard nixon really was a mirror of divinity.