Goodbye Jesus

I still don't believe...

Chad3232132

So here I am the day before X-Mas and my brakes went out (didn't get hurt) and me cell phone broke...

Is this a sign from above? Nope.

Screw You JC, you still don't exist! :nono:

I believe in signs. Your misfortunes are a sign that you need a new set of brakes and a new cell phone.

Sorry your day seems to have had some sucky parts. Hope you're able to have a better one tomorrow and the next and the next and so forth.

Sorry your day seems to have had some sucky parts. Hope you're able to have a better one tomorrow and the next and the next and so forth.

Same here, Chad.

I hope tomorrow is much better.

Sofi

It ain't JC. Sometimes shit just happens, sometimes at a really lame time.

Sorry things are being a pain in the ass. Tomorrow will be better, and if not tomorrow, next week.

Hang in there.

I was just kidding on the "sign" part by the way, I don't believe in God, Jesus, etc. But I still like to blame him despite.

Can anyone here recommend a cell phone carrier they have had a good experience with. I've had T-Mobile for the past 3 years and I hate it. The reception sucks balls even though I live in a city.

Also they refuse to sell me ANY cell phone for under $150 because my current one is no longer any good due to water damage. What's that crap?!?! I have to pay an outrageous price just because I dropped my phone in water?

I'm just sick of T-Mobile and I no longer care, I'll pay the 100 bucks or whatever to get out of my contract if I must. Lemme know if there is a carrier you guys prefer.

EDIT: And one more thing, do you guys get gouged as badly as I do on cell phone taxes? I figured it out and I get taxed about 28% each month. That includes SIX different taxes! I've wondered what all these taxes are for a long time and I can't figure out what they are for fo the life of me.

Sorry you're having troubles.

I remember the day I stopped believing, I made a vow that I would not allow myself to see any further misfortune as a "sign" or a chastisement from God.

I do like Ex-COG's interpretation though.

So here I am the day before X-Mas and my brakes went out (didn't get hurt) and me cell phone broke...

Is this a sign from above? Nope.

Screw You JC, you still don't exist! :nono:

Heehee, that was funny. *giggles*

Can anyone here recommend a cell phone carrier they have had a good experience with. I've had T-Mobile for the past 3 years and I hate it. The reception sucks balls even though I live in a city.

Also they refuse to sell me ANY cell phone for under $150 because my current one is no longer any good due to water damage. What's that crap?!?! I have to pay an outrageous price just because I dropped my phone in water?

I'm just sick of T-Mobile and I no longer care, I'll pay the 100 bucks or whatever to get out of my contract if I must. Lemme know if there is a carrier you guys prefer.

EDIT: And one more thing, do you guys get gouged as badly as I do on cell phone taxes? I figured it out and I get taxed about 28% each month. That includes SIX different taxes! I've wondered what all these taxes are for a long time and I can't figure out what they are for fo the life of me.

I use Verizon - I have for nearly three years and I'm very happy with them. The reception is almost always excellent, and they were the first back then to allow people on the same provider to talk without airtime charges. That was handy with my ex, and even better with my girlfriend - and she lives in the midwest. I'm on the east coast - and Verizon still comes through. Yes, they're a hair pricey, but so are most carriers. You have to pay an arm and a leg tax-wise no matter where you go, and the cheapest phone costs $170ish if you buy it at retail price - similar to everyone.

I wish they offered more durable phones, like Nextel, but hopefully they'll get on the ball one day and do so. I wonder if I could buy a Nextel phone and have it put on Verizon's network - I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'm kinda rough with my things, and like objects that last. Newer phones are so flimsy; God forbid someone has to lug around a cellphone that weight more than an ounce :loser: But I digress...

Verizon is worth the money and effort - give them a try. And whatever you do, do not go Cingular - they still don't know what they're doing.

I've used Verizon for 6 years now and generally get service in places where many of my friends can't. I always tend to get whatever free phone comes with renewing my agreement. And they call to tell you when they have a new plan that is basically what you have but at a lower rate so you can save money. Most of their phones come with a Verizon mail in rebate AND a manufacturer one. The one I got for free ending up getting me $140 extra bucks from rebates :)

Ahh Chad. You have run smack into the eternal, unchanging doctrine of shit happens.

As long as you didn't run over anybody when your brakes went out, praise the gods and plod on.

I used to sell cell phones for a rep. Generally, the phones are made for the specific network at the factory and are rarely interchangeable between carriers. The type of carrier that T-Mobile is isn't going to do the job, unless you use it pretty close to the cell towers. Sprint is the same as T-Mobile, it's not going to work that well depending on where you are to their cell towers.

Nextel is either excellent or it sucks depending on where you are. If you are in a coverage area it works great otherwise it doesn't work at all. However, you have to have above average credit to get Nextel. They automatically check your credit for 10 phones. I used to sell Nextel and I wouldn't recomend it unless it's used for business.

Telecom is heavily taxed, even land line is heavily taxed.

Be careful of contracts. The longer contract you sign and the more minutes you have, the more commission they make. You get the deal on the phone but you have to be under contract. You are still in contract, so you are not going to get the deal on the phone, you have to buy a new one outright. That's how all contract cell phone companies work.

I know T-Mobile has a huge commission base. You have to be careful with companies that pay commission like that because they will tell you anything to get you to sign as long of a contract and lock you into higher minutes as possible. I personally would pay for part of the phone and sign a lesser time contract.

I'd say Verizon is your best bet, but remember what I said about contracts and minutes, they make commission too.

When I used to sell cell phones, I would go around to cell phone companies and ask them questions and they would freaking lie or not tell me the whole truth. The only way I knew they were lying to me, is because I sold the phones and knew the in's and out's of the companies and how the phones and contracts worked.