Goodbye Jesus

The Church Lady

Sybaris

Remember the Church Lady skits on SNL?

I go with my wife to her church twice a month, she's a Quaker. As we were pulling into the parking lot there was a woman walking away from a car she had gotten out of and we had never seen her before.

"Who's that?" my wife asked

"The Church Lady", I said

Yes, if you remember the SNL Church Lady this was her to a T. ......... and the car she got out of............a Kia Soul of course.

Apparently the regular Pastor was on vacation and we had a stand-in.

45 minutes of non-stop blathering about "signs" from Gad, yes Gad............ she was from Chicago

I think a lot of Christians would benefit from taking some basic courses in chemistry, biology, anthropology and just having an overall better understanding of how their bodies and brains work because no, coincidental events and a nervous stomach are not signs of your sky daddy leading you to eat at a certain MacDonalds or choice of vehicle.

People that are living stereotypes make me laugh.  They are also very sad, and there is pity mixed in, but they do make me laugh.

I loved the church lady on SNL! I have tried recently to find clips of it on Youtube, but not much luck. Too bad. I would appreciate it even more now than I did even when I was a believer. I still use phrases like, "Could it be... Satan?!" and "You're going straight to hell for that one!"

There is truth in humor, or it wouldn't resonate.

Isn't that special.