Goodbye Jesus

North-Carolina-Pastor-Advocates-Punching-Gay-Acting-Children

midniterider

Those putrid asswipes! Beating up kids is NEVER okay, and to do it over a bunch of superstitions is beyond disgusting.

• Super Moderator

Okay, having been trained in the art of cognitive dissonance I'm just going to have to convince myself that I was not born in North Carolina.  I was not raised in North Carolina.  My family doesn't live in North Carolina.  I've never heard of the Avett Brothers.  I don't know what Cheerwine is.  I've never eaten at Bojangles.  Stupid North Carolina, your state flower is the dogwood blossom; that's a tree you nutfuckers!

Now I want some Cheerwine...FML.

• Like 2

What do you want to bet that Mr. Holier-Than-Thou preacher will eventually be found naked in a motel room with a 14-year-old boy? And will immediately claim he was just trying to help the boy get over his sinful hom-a-sex-yul impulses?

• Like 4

Okay, having been trained in the art of cognitive dissonance I'm just going to have to convince myself that I was not born in North Carolina.  I was not raised in North Carolina.  My family doesn't live in North Carolina.  I've never heard of the Avett Brothers.  I don't know what Cheerwine is.  I've never eaten at Bojangles.  Stupid North Carolina, your state flower is the dogwood blossom; that's a tree you nutfuckers!

Asheville is cool!

Redneck Prof, you are having a tough time lately with fellow NC'ers, aren't you?!?

milesaway:  150% agreed

MerryG:  Can I hear an "Amen!"!!  You will be feeling absolutely prophetic when that exact news story breaks!

This pastor is a disgrace. 

• Super Moderator

Asheville is cool!

I agree; Asheville is very cool.  So is Asheboro and the zoo.  I do love my home state; I just get angry when I hear this kind of fuckwittery going on there.  A few months ago Rowan County, North Carolina was all in the news because they were trying to get a law passed making it manditory to begin every public meeting with prayer.  Rowan County is too close to home for me.

Asheville is awesome, it's a whacky, liberal oasis in a huge desert of conservative Bible Belt.

• Super Moderator

Redneck Prof, you are having a tough time lately with fellow NC'ers, aren't you?!?

Don't I know it!  At least things are slightly less crazy here in Georgia.

My state flower is a sagebrush. lol.

It's not necessarily the geographic location to be ashamed of, just a certain select few assholes.

• Super Moderator

It's not necessarily the geographic location to be ashamed of, just a certain select few assholes.

I know you're right, of course; but Tarheel Pride runs deep.

• Super Moderator

HA!  I'm in Virginia and feel exactly the same!  State "flower" is the dogwood also.   I wish Robertson, Falwell, Farris, Regent, Liberty, Homeskool (Patrick Henry) College never existed.  Then there are the crazy fundy-politicians ruining my beloved home state.  Sheesh.  The current Attorney General who is currently running for governor even tried to get the birth control pill banned.  Buncha backward fucktards!

(I do like the Dirty Rice from Bojangles though.  So PLEASE don't tell me what's in it!   I really don't want to know.  lol  eek.gif GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif )

• Like 1

I know you're right, of course; but Tarheel Pride runs deep.

I hear you! And to think -- I came to live in NC by choice, not by birth! LOL. On the other hand, if you search for atheist / freethinker meetup groups, the high number here will warm your heart that there are plenty of people here who do not share the beliefs of the few (but highly visible) religious nutjobs.

• Super Moderator

All the rednecks I know, including family and those already living Florida, want to retire to NC. If WV is "almost heaven" then NC must surely be heaven itself. It was good enough for Andy Griffith, anyway. I like what I've seen of the place, but it gets too cold there for me to want to stay year round.

Oh my GOD. He is talking about toddlers! Punishing children for something they can't possibly understand?!?! Shaming girls who aren't interested in clothes and makeup? All they would get out of that is that their parents hate them. Those kids could be seriously hurt in more ways than one if anyone actually believes this garbage. I will pray to Sappho that no one does.

• Like 1

I'm a die-hard free speech advocate, but recognize certain limitations, such as the need to prosecute someone shouting 'Fire!' in a crowded theater.  We make this exception because of the direct harm such speech can cause to others.  It seems to me advocating the physical harm of innocent and defenseless children would fall into such a category. 

• Like 1

I'm a die-hard free speech advocate, but recognize certain limitations, such as the need to prosecute someone shouting 'Fire!' in a crowded theater. We make this exception because of the direct harm such speech can cause to others. It seems to me advocating the physical harm of innocent and defenseless children would fall into such a category.

That's true. Hadn't thought of that. I wonder if someone could cause a scene about this and get Harris prohibited from advocating child abuse....

• Super Moderator

I hear you! And to think -- I came to live in NC by choice, not by birth! LOL. On the other hand, if you search for atheist / freethinker meetup groups, the high number here will warm your heart that there are plenty of people here who do not share the beliefs of the few (but highly visible) religious nutjobs.

I meant to do that last night after you had posted about meetup websites on another thread but I forgot all about it.  I will try to remember tonight.  I do want to check it out.

That is just awful. I feel really terrible for the children of these people...

I'm a die-hard free speech advocate, but recognize certain limitations, such as the need to prosecute someone shouting 'Fire!' in a crowded theater.  We make this exception because of the direct harm such speech can cause to others.  It seems to me advocating the physical harm of innocent and defenseless children would fall into such a category. 

It might be hard to prosecute a hypothetical situation like that since he isn't instructing them to immediately go home and harm their children. Only if they 'act' gay.

Sorta like me threatening to kill someone if they ever step foot in my house. It's iffy. It ought to prompt someone to call social services though to check out his kids' welfare, if he has any young ones. :-) And certainly this prick needs to be recorded, reported to upper management and youtubed every time he does some shit like this.

But I heard "amens" in the background.... so who knows what'll happen. :-)

Charlotte's cool, just don't try and drive anywhere.

I advocate punching idiot preachers.