Goodbye Jesus

A Daily Dose Of Christian Wtfery

TheBluegrassSkeptic

I remember these types of discussions and tracks we would get about this stuff. Looking back I realize it is a horrible psychological abuse, but still to this day, you get sites like these insisting on the types of punishment to be inherited for reading a Harry Potter book or not tithing. In fact, I think they use the excuse of not tithing and not listening to tele-evangelists as a reason to burn as well.

The imagery being shown is horrendous. The description of what happens to your body in the Lake of Fire is even more upsetting. I do not understand why anyone would subject small children to these types of propaganda.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/donors/Jeb%20Thurmond/THE%20PIT%20OF%20HELL!.htm

Now---- why would I ever want to worship a god who "gets his revenge"!!! What a stupid thing to use to try to get people to go to church

Dislike!!!

Now---- why would I ever want to worship a god who "gets his revenge"!!! What a stupid thing to use to try to get people to go to church

Dislike!!!

What kills me with laughter is at the very end of the review of vaginal torture devices and condemnation of all muslims, jews and buddhists, they have a big ass link to click asking for a donation to their church..... Gotta make that money! jesus.gif

Yeah-- I was just telling my husband that when I was young and trick or treated, this old lady used to give us tracts like these instead of candy-- we quickly stopped going to her house!!

• Like 2

Yeah-- I was just telling my husband that when I was young and trick or treated, this old lady used to give us tracts like these instead of candy-- we quickly stopped going to her house!!

Those tracts used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was little.

"THERE IS NO HELP OF ANY KIND IN HELL! HELL IS FILLED WITH DISEASED MUSLIMS, RAPACIOUS JEWS, AND FREAKISH BUDDISTS!"

Freakish Buddists? Lmao!

And what the hell is with that pic and article of Ann Frank where it says Ab Lincoln is burning with her for abolishing biblical inspired slavery? Are they actually fucking serious?

Oh ok, it's Landover Baptist Church. Just now caught that.

• Like 1

Sometimes parody mirrors truth rather ironically.

• Super Moderator

Do these people not realize that the implements of torture to which they referred as "god's toys" were all used by the church during the Inquisition?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

A stunning piece of work. My congratulations to the writers and designers. It seems, though, they may have done too good a job. Bravo, Landover!

There is simply not enough medication in the world for people like this.

God has lots of ways to punish witches, heretics, troublemakers, Jews, and other sinners

I thought the Jews were his chosen people. I wonder why they never got the message about heaven or hell.

Landover Baptist use to be much more obvious in their satire.  This is a bit too close to real Fundies to be funny.

• Like 2

This page is just sick. How does this glorify god?

A stunning piece of work. My congratulations to the writers and designers. It seems, though, they may have done too good a job. Bravo, Landover!

Gotta love all that inline coding in the html, someone put too much work into this.

edit

And that someone desperately needs to learn CSS.

Landover is a satirical site. It puts religion in your face and says what fundies often infer.

Okay, so I looked at my options on the OP page, and I'm considering the "pear" plan, but I didn't see anywhere to sign up.  I don't understand this ACA stuff.

mwc

• Like 2

Freakish Buddists? Lmao!

And you thought Deva seemed so sweet and normal?  Ha!  Now we know the truth!  Now we know what a freak she is!  firedevil.gifjesus.gif

Yes! There was/is a nice house in my neighbourhood, and usually they didn't have a light on, but one year they did. So we went to the house. Cue half-hour lecture on Jeebus and a tract booklet for each of us. But you don't talk back to a house-full of people with their (miserable looking: who wears button up shirts on Halloween, anyway?) kids, when there's free candy on the line, so they didn't get the rage-fuelled counter-lecture. At the end, though, no candy. Furious doesn't even cover it. I was a dragon, and my lil' bro was Blackbeard (we even did twisted paper dipped in orange glow-in-the-dark paint for the fuses). Our revenge: we camped outside the house for a while, and told every kid there wasn't candy and not to bother. News spread like wildfire. They didn't get anybody the rest of the night. The older couple in the big house behind us, though, were the coolest ever. The husband was a retired neurosurgeon. Nothing like getting to pick candy out of a real human skull! Awesome. I think this needs to be a new thread somewhere...

Ex-c, my creepy old lady must have moved to your neighborhood!!! I am glad you and your brother told all the other kids--- that is fantastic!! Your other neighbor sounds like he made up for things too!!