Goodbye Jesus

First Baptist Church Dallas Tx

themonkeyman

Hey Folks,

Watching a Fundie Christian channel here in the UK called 'Believe' lol.  And the pastor was the guy from First Baptist in Dallas.

He said a statement that really pissed me off.  He mentioned that there were Christian parents who said that they dont want to indoctrinate their Children.  They want their children to cometo their own conclusions and choices.

So this Pastor took these parents to his garden.  The parents said 'This doesent look like a garden'.  The Pastor said 'Well it used to be a garden until I let it make its own decisions and do what it wanted'.

----

SERIOUSLY! THAT IS THE MOST FUCKED UP INDOCTRINATING STATEMENT I HAVE EVER HEARD.

1. He was being an outright Prick to the parents comparing their kids to his lack of work of Horticulture.
  2. He was being a Typical Judgemental Christian just being a dick but putting it in a way that the parents feel that they are the bad guys.
  3. He was using scare tactics to make sure the parents complied with his view point.

And Christians wonder why we loose the plot with them.

• Like 1

Heck, even if we take the metaphor at face value...

Do we all really want to be gardens? Tended all the same, in neat little shrubbery rows, and with the same plants, and the same design? No. A forest is a great forest, if you just let it alone. Or even meadows, or marsh lands, or deserts. Or tundra. I'm a fan of tundra.

• Like 1

Hey Folks,

Watching a Fundie Christian channel here in the UK called 'Believe' lol.  And the pastor was the guy from First Baptist in Dallas.

He said a statement that really pissed me off.  He mentioned that there were Christian parents who said that they dont want to indoctrinate their Children.  They want their children to cometo their own conclusions and choices.

So this Pastor took these parents to his garden.  The parents said 'This doesent look like a garden'.  The Pastor said 'Well it used to be a garden until I let it make its own decisions and do what it wanted'.

----

SERIOUSLY! THAT IS THE MOST FUCKED UP INDOCTRINATING STATEMENT I HAVE EVER HEARD.

1. He was being an outright Prick to the parents comparing their kids to his lack of work of Horticulture.
  2. He was being a Typical Judgemental Christian just being a dick but putting it in a way that the parents feel that they are the bad guys.
  3. He was using scare tactics to make sure the parents complied with his view point.

And Christians wonder why we loose the plot with them.

Those are excellent observations! It is quite manipulative, or mind fuck, as I like to say.

These guys just keep on making people feel bad!

• Like 1

How did the parents respond? I am not perturbed by the pastor's inanity but I would be perturbed by any parents who didn't punch him in the face.

Good parenting is found in teaching your kids how to think, not what to think.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Baptist. Texas. "Nuff said.

That's pretty insulting. They didn't ask for his advice--he just felt it was his job to tell them how to raise their kids because he is Yahweh's mouthpiece.

I'm surprised that the pastor didn't set fire to his garden and say, "This is what happened to my garden when I let it make its own choices and do what it wanted. It was becoming filled with ugly weeds *cough* sins *cough* so it had to be burned."