Goodbye Jesus

Another Irking Family Facebook Post!

BipolarA

My aunt posted this on Facebook and it struck a cord with me.  I usually ignore all my friends and family's religious mumbo jumbo, but I couldn't with this one...

post-19069-0-80735800-1383519347_thumb.jpg

It really irks me when people claim they are hopeless without god especially when I know they are strong individuals who accomplish so much on their own!  So I tried not to post anything negative and found this which I posted below hers.   

post-19069-0-07359400-1383519439_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

I think that what you posted was a good reply.

The Christian message has always been, I'm weak, I'm no good, I'm full of sin, blah blah blah... it really does get tiresome.

Nice. Yeah, I certainly no longer catch on to the "woe is me, I'm such a mess, and I need you more Jesus" frame of mind. It gets very repetitive even when the person can't help it. I'm just fed up with it. I think it's just set up to make people feel sorry for themselves because of their human nature, their sinful nature.

• Super Moderator

werenotworthy.png

That's annoying. These two would be great additions to the "Things Fundies Post on Facebook" thread.