Goodbye Jesus

So, If You Are Serious About A Starting A Church...

TheBluegrassSkeptic

Would you first, start a crappy website that:

Make ZERO effort to spell check

Offer counseling services without any formal training, just certificates

And have the balls to ask for donations to help support said unlicensed services within the first two sentences of your website?

My Uncle did..... *sigh* 

You know, my father was an abusive asshole. You name it, he did to me. One of his brothers ended up wanted in over 6 states, raped SEVERAL of his own children, and essentially spread his sperm across America while committing serious crimes--including bank robbery.

Now I have this jack ass running a church, offering counseling services that he has no true legitimate training in, and is asking for money. They plan to hold church services in their home until they find a building. It reeks of being a scam. The situation being set up just guarantees it.  A lot of my dad's side of the family are criminals, so this is like a "Here we go again" type of feeling in my gut.

I wish I wasn't related to these people. If they were to ever get caught doing something horrible, my name will be found in the list of family members somewhere. **shudder**

Want some laughs? Here's the site he built that took him "several months" to finish.....

http://www.church-of-gospel-ministry.com/

• Super Moderator

Wow.

My uncle is cut from the same cloth. He's really old now and living in Jacksonville. He was an itinerant preacher his whole life. He raped both his son and daughter, the son committed suicide and the daughter became a crack whore. He can't go back to Kentucky because of the outstanding warrants for abusing other children. He still drives a new Cadillac from what I hear. His wife left him a long time ago, of course, and she's a nurse who helped out with my father over his last few years of illness. You only have two ways to come out of such a toxic family relationship. She survived and she's an amazing woman, as I'm sure you are.

Wow.

My uncle is cut from the same cloth. He's really old now and living in Jacksonville. He was an itinerant preacher his whole life. He raped both his son and daughter, the son committed suicide and the daughter became a crack whore. He can't go back to Kentucky because of the outstanding warrants for abusing other children. He still drives a new Cadillac from what I hear. His wife left him a long time ago, of course, and she's a nurse who helped out with my father over his last few years of illness. You only have two ways to come out of such a toxic family relationship. She survived and she's an amazing woman, as I'm sure you are.

I wouldn't want his ass up here in KY near me either. My mother didn't let my father go, she opted to sign me off to early marriage.

And have the balls to ask for donations to help support said unlicensed services within the first two sentences of your website?

My Uncle did..... *sigh* 

You know, my father was an abusive asshole. You name it, he did to me. One of his brothers ended up wanted in over 6 states, raped SEVERAL of his own children, and essentially spread his sperm across America while committing serious crimes--including bank robbery.

Now I have this jack ass running a church, offering counseling services that he has no true legitimate training in, and is asking for money. They plan to hold church services in their home until they find a building. It reeks of being a scam. The situation being set up just guarantees it.  A lot of my dad's side of the family are criminals, so this is like a "Here we go again" type of feeling in my gut.

I wish I wasn't related to these people. If they were to ever get caught doing something horrible, my name will be found in the list of family members somewhere. **shudder**

Want some laughs? Here's the site he built that took him "several months" to finish.....

Try email bombing him: http://home.deds.nl/~rikdekoning/phpmailer.html

Just not sure which email address to send it to... he spelled one of them wrong.

My Uncle did..... *sigh* 

Maybe report him to a state agency for fraud. Or a medical agency or mental health agency for fraudulent counseling practice.

My Uncle did..... *sigh* 

Maybe report him to a state agency for fraud. Or a medical agency or mental health agency for fraudulent counseling practice.

I know right? I can't say it is fraud unless he didn't register as a church. He has his ordination. Shit, I have mine (for shits and giggles only). I don't know if that auto exempts from tax purposes. I would think not, but what do I know? I have little to know interaction with the guy, so I might just monitor for awhile and see if it grows into anything of note and go from there.

Don't you have to pay tax on donations? (In most country's you do jail time for tax fraud).

You could also go evil and put a few adds... like "call me for nice hot" ya know :P

• Like 1

My Uncle did..... *sigh*

Now I have this jack ass running a church, offering counseling services that he has no true legitimate training in, and is asking for money. They plan to hold church services in their home until they find a building. It reeks of being a scam. The situation being set up just guarantees it. A lot of my dad's side of the family are criminals, so this is like a "Here we go again" type of feeling in my gut.

Boy that website was a bit too much, I'm sorry zomberina I really am.

My condelences, this man should be in counseling not offering counseling. I'm glad you broke from the cycle.

My critique:

A one page website, what a waste of time. He might as well get a wordpress or a blogspot account. At least  create another page or with directions since just that Home button looks awkward.  Most of the code is setting up the advertising by tripod and lycos, since he wouldn't have the skill to do it himself if he did the html.

In speaking of tripod: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/tripod.com#page-1

He probably should have done his research on them, they are not ethical.

The way the html is setup will not make for easy website expansion, he needs to use external .js files and css files instead of putting things inline. Don't even get me started on the end result. Creating one page is very limiting he should have created.

1. Home - The basics of who you are and what you offer

2. Counseling - Tell us about your service and qualifications

3. Church - What denomination and what do you believe about Christ. Just "we believe in Christ" is the most generic thing anybody can say. Try and stand out a little.

4. About Us - Tell your visitors about you.

5. Directions - How do you get there

6. Contact Us - How we contact you

No effort no thought, and spelling and grammar mean something.  I've put more thought into this than he did, and for the best. This page is not going to convince anybody. At least put in a church or something.

• Like 1

wow.. as a graphic designer I have to say that's painful.

What's more painful though is the crap these people do to their own flesh and blood.

so sorry  :(  

You are an amazingly strong woman

• Like 1

My condelences, this man should be in counseling not offering counseling. I'm glad you broke from the cycle.

My critique:

A one page website, what a waste of time. He might as well get a wordpress or a blogspot account. At least  create another page or with directions since just that Home button looks awkward.  Most of the code is setting up the advertising by tripod and lycos, since he wouldn't have the skill to do it himself if he did the html.

The way the html is setup will not make for easy website expansion, he needs to use external .js files and css files instead of putting things inline. Don't even get me started on the end result. Creating one page is very limiting he should have created.

3. Church - What denomination and what do you believe about Christ. Just "we believe in Christ" is the most generic thing anybody can say. Try and stand out a little.

No effort no thought, and spelling and grammar mean something.  I've put more thought into this than he did, and for the best. This page is not going to convince anybody. At least put in a church or something.

Want to hear more critique :P ?

7. Page is absolutely not SEO (google loves pages named home without any meta data what so ever).

8. Pay 5$ a year extra for domain name privacy (a simple whois look up and i got his name, phone, address etc).

My critique:

Want to hear more critique tongue.png ?

7. Page is absolutely not SEO (google loves pages named home without any meta data what so ever).

8. Pay 5$ a year extra for domain name privacy (a simple whois look up and i got his name, phone, address etc).

lol, and I wasn't even thinking about SEO. You're right that page is probably going to land in no-man's land.

He should have hired at least a first year student web designer to do it even a high schooler if he wanted to do it cheapo and look like he gave half a damn about it.

My critique:

I think it is just a front page to get donations from people he personally knows. You know how birds of a feather flock together right?

My own web design experience screams horrendous as well. He easily could have posted a WYIWYG page that has all the bells and whistles easily built in like on Blogspot and such.

I will clarify that this particular uncle has not done anything to me personally, but seeing the behavior demonstrated by the rest of the family, and the fact my own abusive father is up his ass with quoting online scripture lately? Yeah, this whole thing REEKS to high Hell, if there were such a thing.

I will clarify that this particular uncle has not done anything to me personally, but seeing the behavior demonstrated by the rest of the family, and the fact my own abusive father is up his ass with quoting online scripture lately? Yeah, this whole thing REEKS to high Hell, if there were such a thing.

What's the book your writing about zomberina.

I have two in the works actually. One of them is about Judas Iscariot and Jesus, and trying to stop the apocalypse that would be caused by Christ's resurrection.  It's a novella that is giving me a break from the historical fiction thriller I am writing based on a Serbian Prince.

I have two in the works actually. One of them is about Judas Iscariot and Jesus, and trying to stop the apocalypse that would be caused by Christ's resurrection. It's a novella that is giving me a break from the historical fiction thriller I am writing based on a Serbian Prince.
How are you going to make them available when your done.

'snip

I think it is just a front page to get donations from people he personally knows. You know how birds of a feather flock together right?

My own web design experience screams horrendous as well. He easily could have posted a WYIWYG page that has all the bells and whistles easily built in like on Blogspot and such.

I know, I'm just having my fun poking at it. I'm a fan of MST3K, I love taking something and riffing it, XD

• Like 1

I have two in the works actually. One of them is about Judas Iscariot and Jesus, and trying to stop the apocalypse that would be caused by Christ's resurrection. It's a novella that is giving me a break from the historical fiction thriller I am writing based on a Serbian Prince.

Christ's Rebellion (the apocalypse and Judas novella) will be out on 12/23. For free. As an e-book. I haven't decided where I will launch it from yet, though.  Sainted (Serbian Prince story), that one I will be shopping around and let a publisher decide.

Well you know what they say; "the lord works in mysterious ways", or should I say; mistireeus waz? Oh my Zomberina, I'm not even sure what to call that,,,horribly pathetic? It would only be slightly humorous if it were a joke. Does she know several chords on the piano, because I can see these two in a big tent. And the possibility of this guy's success should expose christianity as the largest crock of shit ever. But you know what? There is a certain type that will fall head over heels. I had a grandmother who never met a tent preacher that she didn't worship, and an itsy bitsy fixed income never stopped her from giving those love offerings. I think I understand your stress Zomberina. I'm kinda anxious to follow this,,,is that weird or what?

• Like 1

Christ's Rebellion (the apocalypse and Judas novella) will be out on 12/23. For free. As an e-book. I haven't decided where I will launch it from yet, though. Sainted (Serbian Prince story), that one I will be shopping around and let a publisher decide.
Let me know when your finished Christs rebellion, so I can download it.

Yeah, pretty dreadful website.  Does He Think Capitalizing Every Word Makes It More Credible?  KatieHmm.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty dreadful website.  Does He Think Capitalizing Every Word Makes It More Credible?  :Hmm:

yeah it's like he was stuck in headline mode. Lol

Oh, Zomberina, I am so sorry.  I'm sorry about this website, and about your family.

I'm sorry I live in Pennsylvania, not all that far from where they live.

I am so sorry that people believe this shit, make up websites about it, send donations to it.

I am very glad that you got away from all of that, and became who you are.

The poor spelling and the Every Word Capitalized only add a layer of pathetic to this insidious trash.

• Like 1