Goodbye Jesus

Do Christans Really Listen?

chrisstavrous

One of the main reasons I stayed in christianity for so long was that christians seemed to sit back and listen to everything I had to say. I could tell them anything and they would say, yes, I know, and other words to confirm they understood.

But I don't think they were really listening to me at all, because if they truly listen to me they would have to investegate what they heard, so they could really be sure about their faith in god.

I can't believe I spent hundreds of hours talking to christians when they didn't care at all, and in the end it was me who was listening to them all along.

:(

they are assholes mate, most of them don't really care at all

Hi galien, I was thinking of you a few days ago.

• Super Moderator

This may be an oversimplification, but it has been my experience that christians only listen when you agree with them; disagree and you cease to exist.

Here's what a christian hears:

You: blah blah blah

Them: Yeah, that's tough. Bless your heart.

Them: You should pray about this.

Them: I will keep you in my prayers.

Then they think, "Aaaahhh, my job is done. I'm such a good christian listener and counsellor."

If you're lucky, they won't go and tell everyone else your blah blah blah (assuming they were paying attention). Unless of course it's something you would like others to know, so maybe people would mobilize and do something -- then they tell no one.

That's been my experience. Assholes, indeed.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Christ is.

• Super Moderator

I think the answer(s) to this question are being addressed on Idontevenknow99's thread "Sh*t I Used to Say."

If you (as a True Christian believer) have already decided that you already have the ultimate truth, then... why should you listen to any other p.o.v.?

Wendyshrug.gif

Do Christians really listen? No, of course not but neither do atheist or anyone else that holds deeply held convictions about something. People generally only start listening when they detect flaws in their beliefs. At that point their minds open and they become searchers.