Goodbye Jesus

Scientist Photographs Soul Leaving Body At Death

ficino

Is this report anything other than woo?  I'm guessing that what the article reports as evidence of a soul leaving the body is evidence of nothing other than changes that occur in the body at death - e.g gets colder!  Note the language "life force (which would be the soul)"...  

http://www.social-consciousness.com/2013/10/russian-scientist-photographs-the-soul-leaving-the-body-at-death.html

The entire article is full of pseudoscientific word salad. 'electro-photonic light'? Looks like a clear-cut case of the bullshits to me.

• Super Moderator
According to Korotkov, navel and head are the parties who first lose their life force (which would be the soul) and the groin and the heart are the last areas where the spirit before surfing the phantasmagoria of the infinite.

He knows this how????????   

Sounds like he and recently-departed psychic Sylvia Browne would have been best of friends.

Total BS.   But he probably sells lots of books.....Wendytwitch.gif 

• Super Moderator

That looks to me more like heat leaving the body than anything else.  Having been married to a Russian for over 10 years now, I've had more than my share of soviet "science."

That looks to me more like heat leaving the body than anything else.  Having been married to a Russian for over 10 years now, I've had more than my share of soviet "science."

Ha. Yeah, there's real science over here, but I've seen some pretty wild shit that gets mixed in with it. For shits and giggles, I agreed to see a friend's doctor, who is a real MD who works in a real hospital here in St. Petersburg. This guy has written a number of books and is considered a full member of the staff, yet he practices only acupuncture and diagnoses his patients using their interpretation of Indian theater masks. He also kisses you on the lips when he greats you. Really nice guy, but out of this world weird.

I remember way back when ... Kirlian photography was heralded the 'proof' for the soul (or at least the aura). They photographed everything... hands, leaves, cut leaves...you name it...

I have no problem with the fact that humans generate energy... we do. We are a biochemical machine. We generate heat and electricity.  I'm pretty sure these energies don't end at our skin but project a bit around us. I don't know enough human biology to say, but we probably have a very small magnetic field as well, since we have iron in our bodies. Anemia is caused by a lack of iron - so there ya go.

So... when biological functions stop then these would dissipate as well - being a product of biochemical actions. We also know that our bodies interact with the environment on more than just 'you are what you eat' level... strong EMF fields can mess with our perceptions, etc..

I don't find it strange that there are ways to measure or perceive this, in my eyes, natural phenomenon.. it's the conclusion that seems rather biased.

It's all interpretation, folks.

Pseudoscience scares me, but at least it gives legitimate scientists ideas for more inquiry.

• Super Moderator

Ha. Yeah, there's real science over here, but I've seen some pretty wild shit that gets mixed in with it. For shits and giggles, I agreed to see a friend's doctor, who is a real MD who works in a real hospital here in St. Petersburg. This guy has written a number of books and is considered a full member of the staff, yet he practices only acupuncture and diagnoses his patients using their interpretation of Indian theater masks. He also kisses you on the lips when he greats you. Really nice guy, but out of this world weird.

I'd be leery of any doctor that kissed on the lips as a way of greeting.  Such a practice demonstrates that he either never took a class in basic microbiology, or that he failed to understand what was supposed to learn in said class. 

I'd be leery of any doctor that kissed on the lips as a way of greeting.  Such a practice demonstrates that he either never took a class in basic microbiology, or that he failed to understand what was supposed to learn in said class.

Well, if that's the only reason you'd be leery of this guy...

smile.png

I'm frankly leery of the system that legitimizes his medical license.

I'm also friends with a physics professor here who has a reputation as being one of Russia's leading scientists. He's a climate change denier.

I don't wish to paint Russia in such a bad light as there is a lot of legitimate science taking place here and some brilliant minds, but somehow a lot of woo doesn't get forced out of the system in the process.

If you saw the conditions the state hospitals and institutions are in, this would make more sense. It's a mess.

I'd be leery of any doctor that kissed on the lips as a way of greeting. 

Depends on the doctor wink.png

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Well, if that's the only reason you'd be leery of this guy...

smile.png

I'm frankly leery of the system that legitimizes his medical license.

I'm also friends with a physics professor here who has a reputation as being one of Russia's leading scientists. He's a climate change denier.

I don't wish to paint Russia in such a bad light as there is a lot of legitimate science taking place here and some brilliant minds, but somehow a lot of woo doesn't get forced out of the system in the process.

If you saw the conditions the state hospitals and institutions are in, this would make more sense. It's a mess.

Well, since you mention it, I have seen the hospitals and institutions over there.  While they are worse than the ones I saw in Ireland, Germany, or even Poland; they are still a lot better than some of the places I've seen in Central and South America.  Plus, you guys can at least buy antibiotics and anti-virals over-the-counter at the local apteka (we stock up every year).

I know not all soviet science is bad.  We even went out of our way to find a Russian pediatrician for our son here in America.  I just get tickled when my wife gets all skiddish about our son drinking lukewarm tea, because cold drinks cause the flu ("scientifically proven fact"); but she has no problem feeding him ice cream, since it's only cold drinks that cause the flu.

• Super Moderator

I'd be leery of any doctor that kissed on the lips as a way of greeting. 

Depends on the doctor wink.png

Definitely not the proctologist, though. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Well, since you mention it, I have seen the hospitals and institutions over there. While they are worse than the ones I saw in Ireland, Germany, or even Poland; they are still a lot better than some of the places I've seen in Central and South America. Plus, you guys can at least buy antibiotics and anti-virals over-the-counter at the local apteka (we stock up every year).

Yeah, the pharmacies carry everything. We have good clinics here, but I'm not sure you've seen the state-run hospitals. I've seen clinics in South America and India and elsewhere, but I've never seen anything as bad -- not even close -- as a Russian free clinic.

My wife's cousin broke her back last year and they put her in a room with 50 other people and laid her on a piece of plywood. Her friends came in and argued with the doctors and got her a semi-private room with a bed after 3 days, but it was still smelly, dirty and her bed was held together with twisted coat hangers.

There she literally received no treatment; just a diagnosis and some rest.

I saw another hospital that had a 'chisti zona' (clean zone) that was so filthy you wouldn't let a bum sleep there. Even so, you had to wear shoe covers and a face mask to enter.

Outside, the guards take bribes in order to let you in or out as they don't get paid enough to make a living without doing so. The doctors are young and qualified, but all look extremely overworked.

OTH, the private clinics are quite nice. Top western standard.

I just get tickled when my wife gets all skiddish about our son drinking lukewarm tea, because cold drinks cause the flu ("scientifically proven fact"); but she has no problem feeding him ice cream, since it's only cold drinks that cause the flu.

Ha ha.  My mother in law thinks the same thing.  My wife is always arguing with her about these kinds of things. 

• Super Moderator

Ah, I think you're right, Vigile.  I've been to several clinics over there, but since my wife and I have money when we go, we don't go to the state-run facilities.  I've only ever seen them from the outside, though my wife has given several descriptions of them.  It would seem that they went down hill pretty quickly after communism fell.  We also send money to my in-laws whenever they get sick in order to keep them out of the state hospitals. 

That said, though, ever since an American dentist insisted on putting a crown in my son's mouth, I've trusted his dental care primarily to the soviets, who are still willing to drill and fill.

My mother-in-law once took some lukewarm tea away from my son while he was in the process of eating an ice cream cone.  Fortunately, she doesn't speak English so she doesn't really know what I said about her doing so.

Russian dentists are awesome.  It costs about 1/10th the price they charge in the US over here and they are so friendly and professional.  I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  My current dentist doesn't have an x-ray machine and I have to go to another office and bring back the film, which is an inconvenience, but she's so nice and does such a fantastic job, I don't care.  The doctors are great too.  You don't get any of the god complex that docs in the US have; they'll actually listen to you and they never make you sit around the waiting room for hours. 

• Super Moderator

The dentist we take our son to over there didn't even use any anesthetic on him the last time she filled a cavity; she just cooed him and treated him very gently.  He never even made a sound.  Yes, Soviet dentistry is definitely superior.

My wife's aunt is a dentist and used to treat her and her brother without Novocaine too, but they don't have such nice memories of the experience.  They always numb me when I go.  

• Super Moderator

Funny story (then we should maybe give this thread back to the others):  This past summer we were over there and I got an eye infection.  My wife was waiting in line to get her passport renewed (you know how those lines can be); so I had to go to the apteka myself.  I don't really speak much Russian so when I got to the apteka all I could say was "Moy glaza! Moy glaza!"  Well, the girl behind the counter didn't know what to make of me so she attempted to start a conversation, probably to garner more information about my symptoms.  "Moy glaza! Moy glaza!" was the only response she got.  This continued for 15 minutes until finally she looked closer into my eye and saw that it was as red as satan and she exclaimed, "Tvoy glaza!".  Whereupon she went to the refrigerator and pulled out some eye drops containing levomicitin.  As I was paying, she gave me one final instruction, "khalodnoy", by which I think she meant, "refrigerate after opening." 

"khalodnoy", by which I think she meant, "refrigerate after opening."

Tochna.

• Like 1

Is this report anything other than woo?  I'm guessing that what the article reports as evidence of a soul leaving the body is evidence of nothing other than changes that occur in the body at death - e.g gets colder!  Note the language "life force (which would be the soul)"...  

http://www.social-consciousness.com/2013/10/russian-scientist-photographs-the-soul-leaving-the-body-at-death.html

The video "does not exist" when you click it. If there was a video of something flying away from the body at the point of death I might be impressed. Energy decay photography? Not much impressed.