Goodbye Jesus

That Quest For A Like Minded Godless Yet Spiritualist-Ish Partner

falemon

So it's been a year since I deconverted and one of the first dilemmas I was faced with was that of finding a life partner who shared my ideals and I could connect with on a deep level.

I thought it would be impossible as most of my perspective was conceived through religion and it's one rarely found elsewhere.

What's worse is that I couldn't describe exactly what I was looking for but I it was an appreciation for spirituality without needing any concept of God or any other metaphysical belief, yet still being able to enjoy and appreciate it.

Then out of nowhere I met this girl who not only shared a similar story of mine of deconverting from her religion, but we were able to go into a cathedral, admire the architecture and on leaving take part in the ritualistic expression of dipping our hands into the 'holy water' and making a cross sign.

She is taken, but it was at that moment that I realised there is hope, that no desire is too much to ask for.

It's been a roller coaster of a year for me as I've been dealing with lots of health issues my church had been constantly telling me could be cured by God (which I knew couldn't because I'd been suffering for long enough and lost a prestigious job for it). So my rebirth into the free world got off to a rocky start where I had to find myself a few times, but it's so beautiful to be able to enjoy life like this.

I am still put off a little by religion when I meet a girl but I've mostly gotten over it, especially since I've spent so much time with 'religious' people who know how to have a damn good time.

Well anyways, it was a massive relief to meet two women who shared my perspective in the same week, one of whom I am going to see next week overseas.

Anyways, this was a randomish blabbering, hope someone gets something out of it :)

hey man, i hear what you are saying. i feel the same. there is hope. I have de-converted a while back and met someone amazing who had a spiritual side to her but was not religious. there is hope and you'll be fine. good luck :)