Goodbye Jesus

Americans Have Little Faith In Science

hereticzero

I have zero faith in science.  I prefer to walk by evidence, reason and logic.

I have zero faith in science.  I prefer to walk by evidence, reason and logic.

Speak it, bruthah! I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was that having faith in science is an oxymoron!

I do agree with the premise that a disgraceful amount of "science" these days is bought, paid-for, and more political than scientific.

The message that (sadly) fails to get across to most people is that science is merely a process which can be executed well or poorly. Which is why you then do more science to doublecheck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/21/faith-in-scientists_n_4481487.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037&ir=Politics

Small wonder when considering what this country enjoys for entertainment!

I've been thinking the last couple days that A&E needs a liberal atheist replacement for Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson that would give the show more balance. But he would have to have a long beard..hmmm. :-)

That would be hilarious!!!

It shows just how superstitious we still are. Make 2 lists, one naming everything science has

contributed to the world since- say the beginning of the 19th Century, then on the other list identify

the things that God has contributed. One will be a long list; the other will be a blank list.Wishing

things were so becomes identical with believing things are so, to finally KNOWING things are so.

But it is interesting that people do in fact demonstrate their faith in science throughout the world on a daily basis by flying in airplanes, owning automobiles, computers, and so forth. Also by trusting

their very lives to doctors and hospitals and medications, and a host of other things. The ones that

don't trust in these things are considered weird at best. Go figure. It's like many of us have two

worlds. One in which we work, recreate and play; the other is a pretend world which is mostly done in

church where we imagine or pretend to imagine a universe in which everything is as it should be and we

(if nobody else) are out of harms way. The real danger is when we try to blend these two worlds into

one.

bill

bill