Goodbye Jesus

All This Christmas Crap!

pandora

Rant ON

Christmas is cool and all, but why must people insist on leaving lots of cheap candy, poorly baked cookies, and stoooopid nick-nacks at my house??? Where am I supposed to put it all? CRAP! It is all CRAP!!!!

For instance, I have three large ziplock bags full of cheap Hershey's chocolate. Someone give me your address and pay for shipping, and you can have it. I am very picky about what kind of chocolate I eat.

I also got this stupid porcelain hand thingie that is supposed to keep and store my rings. HA!!! Like I am displaying this $1 Store thing in the GHETTO where it would attract a robber even more effectively than a jewelry box... and I got one of those too, a jewelry box. From the same person. They aren't exactly going to be useful until we move out of this neighborhood, though... and even then, no locks, so I am going to have to make sure our walk in closet deadbolts. grrr.... Oh yeah, I have a few ugly Christmas tins, too... why don't people stop buying cheap shit and get one nice thing instead?

Sorry... rant OFF now. Cleaning the house post holidays is annoying as hell...

For instance, I have three large ziplock bags full of cheap Hershey's chocolate.

Hhmmmm.........please tell me it's dark chocolate. I loooooooove dark chocolate. :wub:

Much of it is dark chocolate. You can HAVE it! ;)

My waistline doesn't need it, and no offense, but Hershey's chocolate is on the same level of nastiness as Palmer's and dollar store chocolate. I am no chocolate expert, but I know good chocolate when i taste it. ;)

And why the hell must things be wrapped? Is it fun to make me have a huge mess of crappy looking paper and ugly bows? All of it won't fit in my trashcan. If you are gonna give a shitty gift, don't disguise it with wrapping paper!

I like the pretty wrapping... and I like watching my cats go crazy in it. Hlowever, it annoys me to no end when it is obvious the wrapping cost more than the gift. There is just something wrong with that... I would rather see it wrapped in newspaper (which I frequently do myself).l

I promise I am not spoiled... ;) I appreciate gifts when they come from the heart, even if they are cheap or useless. Something tells me that some of the crap doesn't come from the heart. For instance, my mother in law was apologizing that she didn't get what we actually needed, because "it wasn't on sale." I KNOW money is not a problem for them... they just refuse to spend it.

....I appreciate gifts when they come from the heart, even if they are cheap or useless. Something tells me that some of the crap doesn't come from the heart. For instance, my mother in law was apologizing that she didn't get what we actually needed, because "it wasn't on sale." I KNOW money is not a problem for them... they just refuse to spend it.

:eek: ohmygawd! What did you say to that? I just can't imagine a response other than, "Aw, you're so cute when you act like cheap trash!"

:Doh:

....I appreciate gifts when they come from the heart, even if they are cheap or useless. Something tells me that some of the crap doesn't come from the heart. For instance, my mother in law was apologizing that she didn't get what we actually needed, because "it wasn't on sale." I KNOW money is not a problem for them... they just refuse to spend it.

:eek: ohmygawd! What did you say to that? I just can't imagine a response other than, "Aw, you're so cute when you act like cheap trash!"

:Doh:

LOL Yes, I have to refrain from calling them white trash all the time... I tell my husband that is what I think, gee... I wonder why he is offended when I say that? ;) She always tells us how much the gifts she bought cost her, if they were on sale, etc... I think it is her way of just apologizing for not going to the effort to get what we requested.

Much of it is dark chocolate. You can HAVE it! ;)

My waistline doesn't need it, and no offense, but Hershey's chocolate is on the same level of nastiness as Palmer's and dollar store chocolate. I am no chocolate expert, but I know good chocolate when i taste it. ;)

Ewwww, Hershey's is kinda gross, all you taste in it is sugar.

:glare:

She always tells us how much the gifts she bought cost her, if they were on sale, etc... I think it is her way of just apologizing for not going to the effort to get what we requested.

How crass.

She always tells us how much the gifts she bought cost her, if they were on sale, etc... I think it is her way of just apologizing for not going to the effort to get what we requested.

How crass.

Especially when you can find pretty much anything these days on the Internet or even comparison shop with the click of a mouse. And froogle has a local shopping search feature now, too. Not a lot of effort anymore.