Goodbye Jesus

Pastrix's House For All

Lilith666

Has anyone heard of Nadia Bolz-Weber, the minister of the House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver? She wrote a memoir called Pastrix (demeaning term for female pastors) about her church and such.

I know Bolz-Weber has short hair and tattoos and swears and might be a lesbian (going on stereotypes here, sorry) but she still claims to be Xian, and the church belongs to the Lutherans. Her "radical" image does not make her any less Xian. I wondered if people here know anything about this so-called "House for All" and what it's like, theology, etc.

This reminds me of Pope Francis. He's stuck a nicer face on the RCC and says he doesn't judge, but he's still a christbot. Doesn't really change much.

Anyway, so I was just curious. Thoughts?

You can find lots of youtube stuff of her...and so far I think she's ok...and If I where in Denver I might go check it out but not to be a regular member, only to see what it really is about. What I like about her is, she seems to be authentic. But as you said, she still is in the club and so I am suspicious not of her, but of her believes.

Has anyone heard of Nadia Bolz-Weber, the minister of the House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver? She wrote a memoir called Pastrix (demeaning term for female pastors) about her church and such.

I know Bolz-Weber has short hair and tattoos and swears and might be a lesbian (going on stereotypes here, sorry) but she still claims to be Xian, and the church belongs to the Lutherans. Her "radical" image does not make her any less Xian. I wondered if people here know anything about this so-called "House for All" and what it's like, theology, etc.

This reminds me of Pope Francis. He's stuck a nicer face on the RCC and says he doesn't judge, but he's still a christbot. Doesn't really change much.

Anyway, so I was just curious. Thoughts?

My thoughts about this kind of Christian are that they are saying, "Look, you can live as shoddy and sinful as you like and still go to heaven." 

My Answer: Fine, if that's how you want to live, so long as you don't hurt anyone, but I don't want to live like that. I still need answers about heaven and Jesus and all the other crap Christians never answer. 

So far as I can see, they've just changed the rules re what it means to be a Christian. The rules remain and so does the God-Jesus belief. At one time there were Jesus hippies, Jesus Freaks, and now apparently we've got tattoed lesbian Jesus folk. In my mind, they're all of the same counter-culture stripe making the same point as per above. If they don't hurt anyone and do good in the world, fine with me.