Goodbye Jesus

Help For Book Writing

themonkeyman

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of writing a book.  As we all know I felt I had committed the Unforgivable Sin this then lead me into depression.  Of all the crap I have read on the Apologetics website I was given different opinions and rarely did any two match.

So I thought well to bugger with this I have to go and reasearch myself and I came up with a very intresting view on this sin which I have detailed in my book.

Anyway I know alot of people dont believe in God anymore I have a spiritualist view not a biblical one.

Lets however take a lonely unsuspecting Christian who was in their tatters of faith and then commits this sin,  They read my book and find another opinion that actually makes a bit of sense.  But if like me they still refuse to believe this opinion then giving them a simple quickstart guide to Deconverting would be nice.

We all know Religion is a Poison and as such this is a good way to show people how to leave faith rather than have them continuing to believe in a God who would condemn them for a Victim-less Crime.  I was troubled by this sin for Months and Months until I realised that to stop worrying all I had to do is start discrediting the bible at that point worry disappears.

I am trying to write a book that gets through to people like me,  People who dont believe the Apologists and their lies but a book that is to the point and holds back no punches.  Quite literally I have inserted Gnostic works into my decision making and opinion so its not exactly a Christian book.

So if you just ignored above and read to this part I basically need some help!!! Can anyone here tell me any passages they know off the top of their head that would plant the sees of doubt in a young christians mind.  Any bible verses or books (Yes I know about Genesis lol) to show problems of the bible.

If you dont want to thats fine.

Cheers,

TMM

• Like 1

The "synoptic" books can't agree on jesus birth or death or resurrection (sort of important one would think).

Edited to add: I think a good brain starter would be why doesn't god heal amputees.

Websites that can be of help for research include Skeptic's Annotated Bible and Jesus Never Existed.  There are simply too many Bible contradictions to name.  The root of the problem is that Christians sit in church and listen to a pastor lie to them about the Bible.  They have had a lifetime of apologetics along with warning about not trusting outsiders.  Christians have this whole us vs. them mentality going.

This isn't what I thought from reading the title. I thought you wanted to understand how to write a book. That's something I've been studying and working on myself. It seems you want to know how to deconvert someone, plant seeds of doubt. Christians as a whole have very strong defenses against that sort of thing. Since being on these forums, I've noticed that deconversion is a very personal thing. What is a make-or-break issue for one has no meaning for another. For example, I learned how to harmonize and explain away all the inconsistencies in the old and new testaments but there were central principles of salvation that no one ever addressed. Not even a graduate degree in theology answered my lifelong questions so I concluded that there are no answers and most likely no god to answer them. That's not an argument that goes over with Christians or causes them to doubt. They just think I didn't understand things.

They are absolutely right, I didn't. But that isn't good enough. I HAD to understand the premises I professed to believe. I could not continue to lie about believing in sacred things. I don't know too many exChristians with this particular issue.

For others, the make-or-break issue is the immorality of a supposedly perfect and righteous god who casts people into eternal hell for being born imperfect, for commanding the annihilation of entire populations, etc.

What you might want to do is just write a straightforward autobiography (personal story) about why you are not a Christian, what caused you personally to deconvert--what Bible verses, what inconsistencies in theology, in church leadership, whatever it was for you personally. If you want to see how others have handled this, you can read Dan Barker's Godless or Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel, to name two on my own shelf. There are others.

• Super Moderator

Here's another website that might be of interest to you.  If you're so inclined, scroll down a little bit on the right column of the webpage and you'll see a place to sign up for A Bible Contradiction A Day In Your Mailbox.

http://contradictionsinthebible.com/

Hi Folks,

So if you just ignored above and read to this part I basically need some help!!! Can anyone here tell me any passages they know off the top of their head that would plant the sees of doubt in a young christians mind.  Any bible verses or books (Yes I know about Genesis lol) to show problems of the bible.

If you dont want to thats fine.

Cheers,

TMM

Although Christians are taught that the Bible is in perfect harmony, the evidence doesn't support such a cozy notion.

Christianity is revisionist theology that twists the Hebrew scriptures (aka Old Testament) into a pretzel and then tries to sell the resulting mess as God's new and improved system.

The Bible basically refutes itself once the components are examined without the Jesus glasses on.

Several good sites have already been suggested.

You might also find a few ideas here:

http://agnosticreview.com/

(A bit of shameless plug as this site is my writing.)