Goodbye Jesus

Hard Questions For Christians.

Cianna200

The questions need an answer that is completely undeniably reasonable.

1. How do you know the christian god exists, is it because a book tells you?

2. How do you know Satan the deceiver did not put lies in the bible an a attempt to lead us astray?

3. Do you keep an open mind that a Satanist could have told a false gospel?

4. Why would god need a human sacrifice to forgive innocent people of the sins of their ancestors?

5. ''The bible mentions how no human is more just then god.'' If I were god, I would allow all loving people into heaven, while allowing the wicked to be sent to prison(hell) til they paid the last penny, before entering paradise. Could I be more merciful than the christian god?

6. Why would an omniscient loving god create a person knowing eternal damnation awaits them after death?

7. Do you believe god committed genocide and ordered the deaths of children?

8. Do you honestly believe a god of infinite knowledge, omnipresense, purity, unconditional love, and wisdom would allow endless suffering in the most horrible place in the world?

9. Did you read and study everything in the bible?

10. Would you have chosen this path if it were not for the doctrine of an eternal hell?

11. You believe nonchristians are satanic, would Satan be leading nonchristians who spread, peace, love and happiness in order to keep our world beautiful? Wouldn't Satan instead be unhappy with them?

12. If Jesus died to save us from our sins, wouldn't the world already be saved, if not doesn't that make Jesus' death a failure?

13. If billions are going to be lost to hell forever and few enter heaven wouldn't this mean Satan won the war and is more powerful than God?

14. If Jesus said ''love the lord, with all your strength, heart and mind, and love your neighbors as yourself to have eternal life, why do you trust more in Paul's message that faith alone leads to eternal life?

15. Do you rely only on the bible for answers?

16. How can heaven be a place of perfect bliss if billions of our kind will suffer forever?

17 Why didn't God warn Adam and Eve about the serpent?

18. Why is homosexuality wicked and sinful, when it is an expression of love for another human?

19. Why does God care about the religious path a person follows and not the spiritual state of their soul?

20. Why do Christians see God being a wrathful god, when wrath is one of the seven deadly sins?

21. Why does the Christian God expect us to love our enemies, be kind to those who hate us, judge not, overcome evil with good and be merciful if he does not do these himself?

22. Why would you follow a judgemental, vindictive, jealous god? That's like following Satan.

23. Can't you see that punishment and torment to the innocent because of the guilty unjust?

24. The bible makes totally absurd remarks such as ''the earth was made out of water.'' If the bibles god's word, than absurdity in the bible means an absurd God don't you think?

25. In the bible, James says ''devils believe.'' Faith is entry into heaven right? If all demons will be saved than heaven will become hell. If Satan and his demons were already saved or waiting to be saved, than wouldn't sin no longer exist if demons tempt us to sin?

26. Why would god create the tree of knowledge knowing the fate that would befall life itself? Did God lay a mouse trap for Adam and Eve?

27. Why is the knowledge of good and evil so horrible? Would god condemn me to everlasting torment for knowing the difference between the two my entire life?

• Like 4

Perhaps #9 should be #1. Too many Christians don't even know the doctrine they claim to believe.

The questions need an answer that is completely undeniably reasonable.

1. How do you know the christian god exists, is it because a book tells you?

Hi - generally I dont think people believe in God because the Bible tells them.  I think the logic, if that is the right term, is - 1) the universe exists therefore God exists, or 2) I feel God exists, so he exists.  Of course now out of the bubble, we can see that both of these justifications do not count as a reasonable proof.

IMO, belief that the bible is literally true and historically accurate is the foundational glue that allows Christianity to survive. Virtually all Christians "think" the gospels were written by eyewitnesses to the event being written about, and therefore the stories found in the gospels were real historical events.

The simplistic solution is simply to present the abundance of validated evidence that proves the writers of the gospels are unknown, the gospel stories are based on oral traditions whose origins cannot be identified, and probably never will. Additionally, among religious historians it is common knowledge there is no historical Jesus, but here is the problem. Brainwashed people do not process such information logically or rationally. Cognitive Dissonance and Information Bias are enormous issues that are virtually impossible to overcome.

Therefore, until something triggers doubt in an indoctrinated believers mind any attempt to argue or debate "facts" with them is ultimately pointless. It is wise to remember they did not become believers through logic, reason, and evidence and therefore it isn't reasonable to assume such a process will de-convert them. Religion is based on emotion not intellect.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

The hardest but most important question for everyone who holds a religious belief is "What evidence leads you think what you believe is true?"  

I love this list. #11 and #19 are my favorites. Something I could never wrap my mind around, even when I was a believer. But really, all of these are perfect questions.

As I would tell my father, "Why would I want to quit one losing team ('Satan'), just to join another losing team ('god')?" What I mean by that is why would I want to "get saved" when it's obviously not going to make my life any better? I'm better off staying right where I am.

What kind of god creates a world that forces its inhabitants to eat one another in order to survive?

• Like 1