Goodbye Jesus

I Trusted Ironhorse... Just Once. Never Again.

bornagainathiest

I asked Ironhorse (several times) to answer his backlog of outstanding questions.

After a while he responded to me, thus...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

bornagainathiest, on 20 Apr 2014 - 6:31 PM, said:snapback.png

ironhorse, on 20 Apr 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:snapback.png

amateur, on 18 Apr 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:snapback.png

"The scriptures were not dictated word for word by God." -- ironhorse

That kills it for me right there.  If god wanted to be clear, he WOULD have dictated it word for word, simply and clearly, to one intelligent person, and with no contradictions.  Or better yet, god would have just made a complete, succinct, perfect bible appear which would have made sense to everybody hearing it or reading it.

But no....

I'm just the opposite. I'm glad God did not throw golden plates from the sky

all perfect and shiny.

He chose people to help tell the story and message. I agree, it makes things

a bit messy at times, but the message got through.

That message being...

"Ironhorse! 

Answer ALL the questions put to you in this forum! 

Do this NOW and don't expect others to answer your questions, NOW."

Here endeth the lesson.

Don't worry.

I will try to answer all of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See that?

I'm not to worry.  He would try to answer all of them.  

So how long was he good to his word?

Read on and see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

Ironhorse,

MyMistake has eloquently and concisely expressed our growing sense of irritation with you.

If I give you the benefit of the doubt...

(by assuming that you aren't playing dumb, aren't playing a game with us and aren't pretending to not understand us)

...you'll repay the hope I'm now putting in you with... what?

Thanks,

BAA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how Ironhorse repaid my hope and trust in him.

Here's how good he was to his word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Today, 04:41 AM

Ironhorse,

Why have you started a fresh dialog in this thread [the Lion's Den Christian Survival Guide] when you gave me your word you'd answer the questions put to you?

(That was a rhetorical question, btw.  Please don't answer it.  Instead, live up to you promise and answer the outstanding questions.)

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Live up to you word, Ironhorse!

Stop asking fresh questions, go back thru the threads you've been active in, find the questions you haven't answered and answer them FIRST, before replying to any other posts or putting any further questions to anyone else.

Yep!

Over a dozen posts yesterday and several today, none of them addressing the questions he told me he'd try and answer. He's asked further questions of his own, he's repeated demands that his questions be answered and he's done everything BUT what he promised me.

Folks,

Please draw your own conclusions.

Thanks,

BAA

• Like 1

Honestly man, i think you are getting far to worked up over a troll. He wins when you lose it.

• Like 1

Hi BAA, I think you've put many questions to him that deserve to be answered. But as I've said before (today, even), I'm not convinced Ironhorse is a Christian. He could very well be a troll hoping to diminish the reputation of real Christians by playing up our stereotypes of them.

If so, kudos to this unsung hero.

Honestly man, i think you are getting far to worked up over a troll. He wins when you lose it.

Ahh... but I'm not angry with him, Scottsman.

Ok, I pressed him for answers and repeated requests that he hold true to his word - but there's no anger in me now.

In fact I'm quite pleased that he's shown his true colors.  By doing that he's displayed what he really is for everyone to see.  Yes, he can talk the Christian talk, but his behavior shows us that he doesn't walk the Christian walk.  It's all an act.  A sham.  A nice-looking facade.  

If you really want to know what a Christian's like, don't listen to his words - look at his behavior!

His words, like his promises, mean nothing.

Everyone can see that now.  So the purpose of this thread isn't to get mad at him, Scottsman.

Nor to vent my frustrations.  Nope.  This thread is a simply a warning to others that (if they didn't know it already) Christians can be just as two-faced, untrustworthy and faithless as anyone else.

"By their fruits you will know them", said Jesus.

Well, by Ironhorse's fruit I now know him and so does everyone else reading this.  That outcome pleases me.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Thanks,

BAA

• Like 1

Hi BAA, I think you've put many questions to him that deserve to be answered. But as I've said before (today, even), I'm not convinced Ironhorse is a Christian. He could very well be a troll hoping to diminish the reputation of real Christians by playing up our stereotypes of them.

You could be right there, Bhim.

But I won't be awarding any kudos to him.

I think it was very wise of Ironhorse to promise to try rather than promise to succeed.

I shall endever to make an effort to give it a shot at striving to have a go at undertaking my venture to aim at attempting to answering your questions.  I promise.   

(later)

Well . . . that was exhausting.  At least I tried.

He will not answer because he cannot answer. He knows that if he were being truthful, his ultimate answer to every question would be that he has faith.

He, like so many other Christians, does not accept that we were true, believing Christians at one time. Rather, he believes we were deceived by Satan. He will not accept that we are the ones who finally "saw the light." That is, unless and until he is ready to admit that his religion is ultimately indefensible!

• Super Moderator

To add to what BAA said, Ironhorse denied that his question "What would you have god do about the problem of evil?" had not been answered, despite it receiving several answers from several members across several different threads.  This denial was tantamount to a lie.  I called him out as a liar and, to my knowledge, he has not addressed the accusation.

Again, draw your own conclusions, based on his behavior.

• Like 1

Guest afireinside

Ironhorse has managed to hijack an entire forum with his ignorance, I say forget the guy, flush the toilet and move on!

Ahh... but I'm not angry with him, Scottsman.

Ok, I pressed him for answers and repeated requests that he hold true to his word - but there's no anger in me now.

In fact I'm quite pleased that he's shown his true colors.  By doing that he's displayed what he really is for everyone to see.  Yes, he can talk the Christian talk, but his behavior shows us that he doesn't walk the Christian walk.  It's all an act.  A sham.  A nice-looking facade.  

If you really want to know what a Christian's like, don't listen to his words - look at his behavior!

His words, like his promises, mean nothing.

Everyone can see that now.  So the purpose of this thread isn't to get mad at him, Scottsman.

Nor to vent my frustrations.  Nope.  This thread is a simply a warning to others that (if they didn't know it already) Christians can be just as two-faced, untrustworthy and faithless as anyone else.

"By their fruits you will know them", said Jesus.

Well, by Ironhorse's fruit I now know him and so does everyone else reading this.  That outcome pleases me.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Thanks,

BAA

I believe I understand why PewterJackass (aka TinPony, aka IronHorse) has not yet "tried" to answer outstanding questions in any meaningful way.  It's simple.  He can't.  He doesn't have the empirical evidence, the rationality, the objectiveness or the curiosity to do so.  Plus, he's lazy, and is a coward.

• Like 1

Ironhorse lubs Jesus because Ironhorse lubs Jesus.

Why? Because he lubs Jesus.

• Like 3

You could be right there, Bhim.

But I won't be awarding any kudos to him.

Heh, of course not.  If you did, he would have failed at directing our hate to someone whom we believe is a Christian. :)

Really, BAA, it seems to me that no matter what you titled this thread, you have trusted ironhorse more than once.

In fact, you seemed quite patient and willing to engage him. Most of us are, or were. He turned into a joke to me a couple of days ago. That's when I told him if he'd rather be a smart ass artful dodger than an ambassador for his Christ, more power to him. 

I really wonder sometimes if ironhorse, Funguyrye, Thumbelina, that one guy I could've sworn was deconverting, True Believer, and all the other Christians here lately, except maybe O.Clay aren't all the same person.   If they aren't the same person, then that Christian cookie cutter must be getting one hell of a workout lately.

Either way, I like how you press for answers and don't just let things go.

• Like 2

Ironhorse's message is crystal clear and he is full of unfulfilled promises, just like the bible. I think he's a genius!!

maybe ironhorse is truly in the image of god, making promises that he cannot keep and give the same reasons.....

by faith, and he works in mysterious ways and he is only answerable to himself?

• Like 3

BAA,

I think you're right in your assessment of Ironhorse.  He just dropped in for 5 minutes this morning and dumped this in his Sunday Dispatch thread:

"Sunday Dispatch.14

Hear the other side.

~Augustine"

He's the one that is refusing to hear us.  If he reads the forum, he knows we are getting irritated with him and yet he posts that quote, then leaves within 5 minutes.

It's also possible that he is a christian and his strategy is to irritate us until we lash out at him, proving to the readers that ex-christians are bitter, angry people.

• Like 1

BAA,

I think you're right in your assessment of Ironhorse.  He just dropped in for 5 minutes this morning and dumped this in his Sunday Dispatch thread:

"Sunday Dispatch.14

Hear the other side.

~Augustine"

He's the one that is refusing to hear us.  If he reads the forum, he knows we are getting irritated with him and yet he posts that quote, then leaves within 5 minutes.

Well xtify,

If he carries on with that style of hit-and-run posting, eventually the Mod's will lock his Sunday Dispatch thread down.

Not that I care any more.

It's also possible that he is a christian and his strategy is to irritate us until we lash out at him, proving to the readers that ex-christians are bitter, angry people.

Which is why I refuse to get mad at him and instead have opted to display his lack of trustworthiness for all to see.

But thanks for the head's up about about his latest dispatch.

BAA