Goodbye Jesus

Seekers Of Truth

Taphophilia

As a History buff, the more I understand about History, the more I realize how distorted the history that is believed has become. For instsance, in my thread on The Pilgrims, it is assumed and believed that they were Pilgrims, they were not, they were Seperatists and less than half the people on the Mayflower fit into that catagory.

With my understanding of history and how it had been distorted, it was easier for me to understand that Christianity and it's history had been distorted also. With somewhat recent history, it is much easier to find the truth. However, Christianity's true origins have been lost to time, and most importantly, who and what Jesus actually was.

We can only speculate and look to clues that are but fragments due to the banning and burning of contradictory information during Christianity's tyrant reign of the world. Much of who and what Jesus was or if he, in fact, existed is a mere guess.

It always amazes me when I see Christians post here how little they know about their own history and the history of their own holy book. Their faith makes them blind to truth and knowledge even when it's pointed out to them. The only "truth" they seek is what supports their position no matter how seemingly irrational the ideology. I have seen here many Fundy Christians who I would consider intellegent people make arguments that don't make any logical sense. If only they would read their own posts objectively, without the bias of their faith.

Most of us are here because we have been in that boat. Belief and faith ruled our logic, emotions, and our psyche. When we were confronted and understood the falseness of the religion, we had no choice but to accept it, even when we didn't want to. We searched our hearts and minds for truth and we still seek it and we are open to all possibilities if we are shown the truth. We are willing to accept truth and logic for it's own sake. That, my friends, is the difference between us and them.

We are the real seekers of truth.

Yes, because the Christians think they no longer need to seek truth; they think they already are in possession of the truth. Christians feel they are the dispensers of truth, and we are the empty vessels needing to be filled with their holy knowledge.

It always amazes me when I see Christians post here how little they know about their own history and the history of their own holy book.

That's because each Christian group only draws their theology from their denomination's interpretation of the Bible. Most conservative Christians do not delve into the real, critical history of the Bible and the men who created it; they simply accept it as directly from the lips of God and not to be questioned. They then expect others to agree with this, no matter how illogical it seems.

It really gets to me the way Christians pick and choose from the bible...

When I ask Christians why God killed women and children in the 'old testament' they say, that it was the Old Covenant and not really relevant in todays society.........Surely then the same could be said for the New Covenant??

I dont know if anyone here is from the UK but I recently saw a documentary called 'Tusnami: Where was God' http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites...es/tsunami.html

In this documantary it showed a flyer distributed by the church that boast godhatesfags.com saying that God killed the people in the Tusnami because they were Swedish and because of the Swedish views on homosexuality.

When a reletive of some of the Swedish (Children) victims called the church and asked Why did the children die, their reply was 'They were being raised to serve the devil' Then this woman went on to explain that God Laughs and Mocks when the wicked die???

I can't remember the chapter this was in, Proverbs I think, but anyways that is old covenant. So when I tell Christians about this documentary they say to me that those Christians are wrong because it's old covenant. When Christians, who are led by the Lord, can't agree with each other and indeed their Sacred Scripture, you know something seriously wrong with them. They are so judgemntal that they would then turn to other Christians and come out with the 'Your not really saved' line.

I guess my point is Christians cannot see the blatant flaws in their Religion, and if they actually sat down and 'READ' the bible they would soon wise up. I hope!!!

I don't get annoyed by people beliving in God, I beleive in 'A' God. Not one who judges or indeed interfers with humanity i.e tusnamis etc but one who takes us for who we are, IMPERFECT!!! But what I do get annoyed is the unwavering belief that the bible was written by God??? Its full of contradictions and flaws, to me a shabby book of stories does not sound like the work of a perfect, all knowing God.

Sorry I forgot to add this little bit..............Muslims also said the tusnami was sent by God (Allah) simply because the people in Indoesnesia were wearing tight clothes! WTF!!!! What will happen to me if I go comando???

Just so people know I'm not Christian Bashing...............Just religion Bashing!!!!

I don't know if I am "seeking" anything. If there is any truth, it will reveal itself in time, whether anyone wants it to or not. Truth tends to do that.

It always amazes me when I see Christians post here how little they know about their own history and the history of their own holy book.

I've asked the questions about the bibles history to many christians but most just seem to avoid the question. Who wrote the bible? Obviously Adam didn't write genesis and Noah didn't write about the flood so none of it is first hand account. Why weren't the other books accepted as part of the bible? How can you trust the churches voting on what to include?

They say inspired by god, yet inspired simply means they were thinking of god while writing, not that the big guy sat down and proof read their work. God didn't get to sign off on what was written, and even Jesus didn't write a word of it.

Guest Hermann

I think, we have to realize, that there is no source for an absolute truth. We may have to find our own truth, our own philosophy of life (weltanschauung) by considering all information available. This requires also an open dialog with people of other opinions and cultures.

On my website I have given just an example, which would be open for discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember the chapter this was in, Proverbs I think, but anyways that is old covenant. So when I tell Christians about this documentary they say to me that those Christians are wrong because it's old covenant. When Christians, who are led by the Lord, can't agree with each other and indeed their Sacred Scripture, you know something seriously wrong with them. They are so judgemntal that they would then turn to other Christians and come out with the 'Your not really saved' line.

If they ever say that it is old convenant, you can whoop their ass there and then. Check out the link given in my signature. I promise you if you go through that site, you can beat any christian arguement.

Best thing about that site, is that it uses the bible against the Christians. Here is a sample article, with which you could have easily rebutted the christian.

What Is The Status Of God's Law?

pritishd thanks for the great link!

very useful and insightful!

Yes, because the Christians think they no longer need to seek truth; they think they already are in possession of the truth. Christians feel they are the dispensers of truth, and we are the empty vessels needing to be filled with their holy knowledge.

That's because each Christian group only draws their theology from their denomination's interpretation of the Bible. Most conservative Christians do not delve into the real, critical history of the Bible and the men who created it; they simply accept it as directly from the lips of God and not to be questioned. They then expect others to agree with this, no matter how illogical it seems.

We also have experiences only with those who are online and seeking out to discuss it with others not of their background. This may be a subconscious calling to seek the real truth with their own eyes and ears instead of what has been recorded upon them over and over since childhood.

There are far more who just don't EVER think about it, they just follow the calendar and peers to do all the holidays and the focus seems to be on the surface, nothing too deep more than whether to get a brand new outfit or wear last year's.