Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Media Websites

Amethyst

I am tired of going to media websites where half of what I would like to read about is on a video link. Dammit, I don't have time to watch a video, even if I could do so at work. I just want to read about it. I could probably read about it faster than the video played. Why, why, why can't they just have the secretary or someone type up a transcript?

:ugh:

I will see your frustration and raise you a peeve.

I really dislike it when a story is in video-only format, as sometimes, it is in a proprietary format that I cannot read in Linux, not to mention I am sure they will figure out some way to insert commercials.

And to raise the bar even further, my laptop that I use for most of my work is going on the second year without re-install. (As some of you know, Windows needs to be re-installed at least once a year to maintain functionality and performace.) And the 'plug-in' for video in the browser is corrupt. I can't play one frigging video in the browser.

Of course you'll say, "why don't you download the files and play them?"

Yes, that would be nice if it wasn't for the stupid player crashing the browser before I can get to the link!

So when I get "ambushed" with a "didn't-know-it-was-a-video" page, the browser crashes and no chance of going back to where I came from.

Today I'm missing half of the stories out there, just because of this little problem.

When I get time, I will reinstall Windows, but being a developer, I have to install many Gigabytes of software. That Giga-sucks!

When I get time, I will reinstall Windows, but being a developer, I have to install many Gigabytes of software. That Giga-sucks!

Isn't that where you image your partition after a fresh install of Windows and your important drivers and programs?

I really dislike it when a story is in video-only format, as sometimes, it is in a proprietary format that I cannot read in Linux, not to mention I am sure they will figure out some way to insert commercials.

Most of the mainstream news sites already have at least one commercial in these videos, and there's no way to skip over it.