Goodbye Jesus

If Not The Cross?

saxyroze

The cross is a huge symbol for the Christians, obviously. I was wondering, if Jesus died some other way, such as being buried alive or by poison, how much would it change Christianity? How would they symbolize being buried alive? Would they have a big hunk of dirt on top of the steeple? Would they add another drink of wine at communion to symbolize the poison? What if God said, Ok Jesus, your time on earth is done...and sent a lightening bolt down onto him and fried him? Then the Christians would be carrying around a little lightening bolt on their necklaces instead of a cross. :HaHa:

Actually, that's not a silly question.

We've had this discussion before on older versions of the site.

My favorite is contemplating if he had been fried in an electric chair. :HaHa:

:grin: If it were the electric chair, we couldn't show that Christianity has once again borrowed from pagan cultures.
Even if it were an electric chair, it wouldn't have lasted long as a symbol anyway.

I mean, just think how uncomfortable the necklaces would be. :scratch:

:HaHa:

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but your avatar is making me giggle saxyrose. I love it!

What if Jesus had been stoned, like stephen?

You'd have people wearing rocks as pendants, big boulders on top of churches, pebble earrings, and graveyards littered with piles of gravel.

Even the bible verses would all be different.

"For the message of the rock is foolishness to those who are perishing".

And shit like that.

ifjeezuzhadbeenhanged.jpg

The cross is a huge symbol for the Christians, obviously. I was wondering, if Jesus died some other way, such as being buried alive or by poison, how much would it change Christianity?

If there was a historical Jesus somehow wrapped up in the Bible Jesus myth, it wouldn't matter how he died. He would have been nailed to a cross in the Bible. NOTHING is known of the real Jesus, assuming he existed at all. The gospels are works of fiction.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but your avatar is making me giggle saxyrose. I love it!

:grin: