Goodbye Jesus

Hello!

CyberRaiden1987

Good afternoon, good people! I am sorry I haven't been here in awhile, but I have been busy with school (I graduated on May 9). Before that, I accidentally dropped my iPhone down an elevator shaft down the 3rd floor at school (I had this site bookmarked). I have lately been attending a church here in San Antonio, but it's the First UU Church (Unitarian Universalist, or something like that). I actually enjoy the company of the people there because whatever their personal beliefs, they don't force them on anyone. Heck, if I wanted to worship a a portrait of the Triforce and the Three Golden Goddesses, I could do so in this church I attend without fear of ridicule (okay, maybe a little ribbing; I don't know too much about UU).

Hello to you.

Congratulations on graduating.

Sympathies on the tragic fate of your phone.

I have no idea what "Triforce & the Three Golden Goddesses" is about, but I'd be tempted to try it to see how they react...

Hey welcome back.

Sent you a PM. :-D

Anyhow...the UU is the most freethinking of all of the religions/spiritualities I've encountered.  They believe in a higher power, or "god," but they put no name to it, nor do they observe any sort of creed.  The only central theme to their church is the observance of the dignity of every human being.  Thus their involvement in local charities, fight against poverty, LGBT rights, etc.  It's quite interesting.

Hoping you're doing well.  Sorry to hear about your iPhone.  I've lost my phone before and know that it's no fun. :(

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to you.

Congratulations on graduating.

Sympathies on the tragic fate of your phone.

I have no idea what "Triforce & the Three Golden Goddesses" is about, but I'd be tempted to try it to see how they react...

The Triforce is the creation of the Golden Goddesses from The Legend of Zelda series. Hylia is probably their subordinate sister.

Hey welcome back.

Sent you a PM. :-D

Anyhow...the UU is the most freethinking of all of the religions/spiritualities I've encountered.  They believe in a higher power, or "god," but they put no name to it, nor do they observe any sort of creed.  The only central theme to their church is the observance of the dignity of every human being.  Thus their involvement in local charities, fight against poverty, LGBT rights, etc.  It's quite interesting.

Hoping you're doing well.  Sorry to hear about your iPhone.  I've lost my phone before and know that it's no fun. sad.png

Andrew

The UU church I attend occasionally is full of atheists, including me. If anyone there believes in a "higher power" (other than the power of people working together to bring about positive change), no one ever told me.

All Unitarian churches are free to do their own thing, so your mileage may vary.

I hope you enjoy.