Goodbye Jesus

Christian Cheerleaders?

Lautermilich

As a former Christian I now see how people take christainity and merge it with their personal agenda to better promote it.

This website is a good example.

http://www.cheercca.com/index.htm

Looking at a woman with lust was a sin in the NT. Cheerleaders are nothing but a T&A show and always have been. But dont worry!! We'll mix in cheerleading and the bible and suddenly everything is just fine and Jesus smiles as he watches those tight butts in spandex prance for him.

Relax you males! Those young girls are tantalizing you in the name of Jeeezus so all is well!!

I noticed that even as a Xian. I always liked heavy metal music, for example. Naturally, it just doesn't have that Xian "spirit", and Xians who like heavy metal music and want to play it have to expend lots of time justifying it, and making the two seem to agree. There was always something silly about headbanging for Jesus, but of course when I was Xian, I was all for it. It was a scene that allowed me to have my cake and eat it too - to have my music and still carry out the "Great Comission", and you know if you can't justify your lifestyle with the GC, then you've got issues.

Oh well, the more pretty girls doing pyramids and cheers the better. Whatever their religion, the outfits don't change much, and all the boys (and some of the girls) will still enjoy :)

Wow.

I just went to that website for christian cheerleaders.

This page is really hard to read:

http://www.cheercca.com/720.html

It's all about the van accident they had which injured several of them in 2002.

This quote, about a recovering cheerleader made me a little sick :

"Brentney's surgery went well and she is slowly regaining feeling in her legs. She continues to be a witness for Christ even in the midst of all she has been through. When the doctors ask Brentney if she has any questions she always asks, "Are you a Christian?" "

This one, and others like it, make ya cry:

"Tina Maciasz - Sustained extremely severe head trauma, and was intubated at the sight of the accident and then airlifted to the Level I trauma center U of A at Birmingham. She remained on life support until her family arrived. On July 21 at approx. 9:00 am, Tina, age 17, was taken off the ventilator to be with our Lord. "

Cry at the wasted death and the group's pleasant acceptance of it.

That accident sucks, but seems relatively common for 15 passenger vans.

I figure, even if the way these guys are dealing with the injuries and deaths appear to be more than a bit messed up, if it helps them deal with it, I'd let them be.

Good thing they asked for prayers instead of money. I think I can do that for them.

"Dear Jesus, help them see that you don't exist. Amen-Ra."

Excuse me while I go puke. :woopsie:

C

CHRIST alone is sinless.

The Bible tells us in Romans 3:23 that "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." You may be a pretty good person compared to others you know...or you may be the vilest criminal on the earth. Either way, you are a sinner & cannot be compared with a holy & sinless God.

H

Hear what sin demands.

There is a penalty for sin and God’s law demands its payment. "For the wages of sin is death". (Romans 6:23a) God believes in the death penalty. We must all eventually pay for our sins.

E

Everyone is offered the gift.

In strong contrast to the PAYMENT for sin demanded by God is the free GIFT offered by this same God. He gave His only begotten sinless son, Jesus Christ, to be the payment for our sins! He took all our sins on Himself. "But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23 B) A GIFT for PAYMENT.... LIFE when we deserved DEATH. WHAT AMAZING GRACE!

E

Every sin forgiven!

When God does something, he doesn’t do it half way. Every sin we have ever committed was taken to the cross that day when Jesus died...past, present and future. NOW THERE’S SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT! "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS!" I John 1:9

R

Receive CHRIST!

Right now you have an opportunity to RECEIVE this Free Gift of eternal life When you open the door of your heart and invite Jesus Christ in, He is that eternal encourager who loves you unconditionally and will never leave you alone. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock" Rev 3:20a

apparently

Christ

Has

Earned

Enormous

Respect

I went to a Christian Junior High and High School in southern California and we had cheerleaders. They wore uniforms with short skirts and shorts underneath. (I was on the drill team and we wore short uniforms, too) There was a fundy Baptist school nearby that we played against. Their cheerleaders wore unforms with skirts practically to their ankles and I remember overhearing one of our cheerleaders complaining that one of their cheerleaders told her she couldn't possibly be a Christian because she was wearing a short skirt, whew! :nono:

I went to a Christian Junior High and High School in southern California and we had cheerleaders. They wore uniforms with short skirts and shorts underneath. (I was on the drill team and we wore short uniforms, too) There was a fundy Baptist school nearby that we played against. Their cheerleaders wore unforms with skirts practically to their ankles and I remember overhearing one of our cheerleaders complaining that one of their cheerleaders told her she couldn't possibly be a Christian because she was wearing a short skirt, whew! :nono:

As a former fundy, I would agree with that viewpoint.

Well, I can't say I am suprised.

I have a fetish for cheerleaders.

So to keep the wonderful image of hot pieces of ass in short skirts alive and well,

and they have been around for awhile......

I give you:

Satan's Cheerleaders :fdevil:

Mind if I ask, did you go to Melodyland?

Hubby went to a Christian high school in So Cal, and by the time he was there, it was Southern California Christian High School.

I, of course, being the heathen that I am, graduated from a public high school in my home state of Kentucky.

However, I'm just curious if you went to Melodyland or not....you can always PM me if you don't want to answer in public.

Mission Statement

CCA (Christian Cheerleaders of America) is a non-profit organization for the purpose of ministering to Christian schools by encouraging excellence in Christian Cheerleading and service to the Savior.

The Goals of CCA

to teach "state of the art" cheerleading techniques, material and methods while maintaining Christian standards...being "contemporary without compromise"

to promote and require academic excellence among cheerleaders as well as all other athletes

to develop, advise and educate cheerleaders and cheerleader coaches on safety guidelines and techniques

to inform, unite and excite Christian school cheerleaders and their coaches by newsletters, meetings, competitions, networking

to reward and recognize outstanding achievers both individually and as squads in the area of Christian cheerleading via competitions, scholarships, publishing, etc.

to encourage by fellowship and communication as well as provide information and training to coaches desiring knowledge and expertise in all aspects of cheerleading

to recognize cheerleaders as the athletes they are and the coaches who train them as such

to encourage and promote creativity and enthusiasm with a "be the best that you can be" attitude

most important of all to give our Lord Jesus Christ pre-eminence in all we do

Build PEOPLE Before PYRAMIDS

Statement of Faith

We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures, the 100% inerrancy; that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation and God's plan and purpose for the ages

We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are made righteous before God only through the merits of our Lord Jesus Christ through His shed blood as the propitiation for our sin

Justification is an eternal relationship and can never be broken

We believe in the visible, personal and premillennial return of Jesus Christ

We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost

Statement of Faith

We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures, the 100% inerrancy; that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation and God's plan and purpose for the ages

We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are made righteous before God only through the merits of our Lord Jesus Christ through His shed blood as the propitiation for our sin

Justification is an eternal relationship and can never be broken

We believe in the visible, personal and premillennial return of Jesus Christ

We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost

It seemed okay until I got to this part. :eek: They just can't wait to see that everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.

Why the hell would someone want to punish the lost? Aren't you supposed to lead them back home? sheesh! :twitch:

Mind if I ask, did you go to Melodyland?

Hubby went to a Christian high school in So Cal, and by the time he was there, it was Southern California Christian High School.

I, of course, being the heathen that I am, graduated from a public high school in my home state of Kentucky.

However, I'm just curious if you went to Melodyland or not....you can always PM me if you don't want to answer in public.

I went to Western Christian, which at the time was in the hills above Glendora. I got an excellent education even though it was sort of a fundy school.

I actually did attend church at Melodyland for a few months after I graduated from high school. I liked it at the time but it was too far away from where I lived so I stopped going.

I went to Western Christian, which at the time was in the hills above Glendora. I got an excellent education even though it was sort of a fundy school.

I actually did attend church at Melodyland for a few months after I graduated from high school. I liked it at the time but it was too far away from where I lived so I stopped going.

Small world!

Mr. K went to church at Melodyland, IIRC. However, that was years ago.

And thankfully, he's not a fundie nutjob. I don't think I could stand it if he were.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Jones Univ. (and Academy) has cheerleaders... all the men's "societies" (that's the word they use in lieu of "fraternity" or "sorority," because those are "worldly" words) elect their cheerleading squad every year. Their cheerleaders cheer at their soccer and basketball games. You also get to wear your uniform to school once a week during sports seasons, which marks you as part of the cool crowd.

At BJ, cheerleading is really just a glorified popularity contest. For the most part, the winners are typically higher in the pecking order than the other "regular" students. Of course, being a cheerleader for one of the "cooler" men's societies (when I was there, the coolest ones were Basilean, Omega, Zeta Chi...) would nudge you higher in the pecking order. At BJA (at the time), Aztecs and Mohawks were cool, Apaches and Mohicans were not.

The uniforms chosen each year were carefully checked to ensure the skirts are below knee length, and the tops were carefully inspected so as to ensure they were not too tight around the breasts. And of course, they don't do any sort of gymnastic moves that would cause their skirts to fly up, or that would otherwise be considered "immodest."

The uniforms chosen each year were carefully checked to ensure the skirts are below knee length, and the tops were carefully inspected so as to ensure they were not too tight around the breasts. And of course, they don't do any sort of gymnastic moves that would cause their skirts to fly up, or that would otherwise be considered "immodest."

This is too hot, I had a panic attack.

What's with the 22yearold guy cheering with them! What a gig..."yes i love the lord, no that's not my erection"

Cry at the wasted death and the group's pleasant acceptance of it.

Why shouldn't they accept death?