Goodbye Jesus

Wonder How Christians Can Apologise This

themonkeyman

Theres now actual evidence showing that the moon was created from another planet that slammed into the earth 4.5 billion years ago lol

So the question I have for Christians would be - How would they justify the creation of the moon considering the world was literally obliterated.

E.g. 

Old Science:

Big Bang

Earth Formed

Life

New Science

Big Bang

Earth

Thea Slams Earth

New Earth (Smaller) - Moon

Life

Or we have Christianity

God Created Heavens and Earth

Then added water

Then the sun and moon.

Then plants and animals

Then People

So if we never had a moon before this colision then surely the earth would not have water and as such God created an earth that would have been obliterated.

This raises some serious implications for Christianity I believe - The big bang could be on par with 'God Created' but since we now know how the moon was formed how where did God come in as the timeline of the Universe and that of the earth does not match whatsoever now.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27688511

I think they wouldn't have too much trouble 'explaining' this.

If they even accept this piece of evidence, they would just say that their god created the moon this way. 

And of course the earth can have water if there is no moon, because god can also make light without a sun.

I know, it makes no sense at all, but that's christian apologetics for you.

• Like 1

The first 9 or so chapters of Genesis (up to the tower of babel at least), only make sense if you assume a flat earth, grounded on pillars, with a solid dome holding seperating the waters.  Only reason they would build a tower of babel to reach heaven, is if they thought there was something to reach in the first place.  The flood only really makes sense in this context, and the order of creation also only really makes sense in this context. 

Current christians use a a re-interpretation of the original re-interpretations that were made to support the doctrine of the trinity and make the fall explain the necessity of a savior when originally it just explained why life isn't perfect and easy all the time.  The reason Christians do this is primarily to avoid losing the story of the fall, as without that, most western forms of Christianity would have no reason for existing.  Read as explanations for why we have knowledge of good and evil (morals), why we die and have to work hard to survive, where we came from, and so on, they are easy to understand and provide perspective on the worldview of Ancient near east 3-4000 years ago.  If you read them as literal truth though, the order of events are irreconcilable with reality. 

It's just like with the dinosaur bones! God hid those alien planet rocks up there on the moon to TEST OUR FAITH! Or the devil hid them there to mislead us. I forget. Damn, I always forget which it was ...

Monkeyman, where can I find this actual evidence?

The fundies will continue to pull bullshit out of their asses or say the scientists are lying, and the others will continue to say that the creation myth is allegorical. Nothing new here, as far as I can see.

Well, you see, Jesus rode his trusty steed T. Reximus through space to go to a meeting with Daddy God. Jesus had consumed a bit too much of the holy spirit and they veered off course, crashing into a floating glob of condensed space dust. This set off a violent chain reaction and resulted in the moon, the oceans, Roswell, JFK's assassination, and the emergence of every guru ever, including the supposed birth of the godman called Yeshua ben Nazareth in the year ~0.

^That's what I expect from the fundies and groups like the church I used to attend that like to mix science with fantasy and Jewish folklore to create elaborate stories that wouldn't seem out of place on an episode of Ancient Aliens.

More mainline groups will remain silent and keep holding onto their sacred micro good, macro bad, Carl Sagan is the devil! party lines. They'll trot out the same tired ass arguments such as "Were you there? NO! God was and God says that He created it all, glory, AMEN AMEN!!!". Nothing will change and 50 years from now, a new generation of unbelievers will be WendyDoh.gifand  Wendybanghead.gif over the same fucking issues unless some new revolutionary bit of science comes to light. Or the world enters a new dark age where science is erased and people go back to living off of the land and dying from preventable diseases and starvation.

• Super Moderator

It's the atheist scientist conspiracy at work again.

Dude, there's far more direct and concise evidence supporting the age of the earth, and evangelicals have no problem denying it.

Haven't heard of this latest study though. Got a link?

Evil demonic scientists deliberately pervert the truth of god by making up lies.  Again.

Sorry - just had a flashback to my Christian days...

Dude, there's far more direct and concise evidence supporting the age of the earth, and evangelicals have no problem denying it.

Haven't heard of this latest study though. Got a link?

I think we should get the evangelicals and the flat earth people together and have them unify a theory of ridiculous origins.

In case you needed someone more ridiculous than the religious to smile about:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/