Goodbye Jesus

So What Does "morality" Have To Do With It Anyway?

Amethyst7

Xians ask, "But without God, why don't you go around murdering, raping and stealing? What is the basis for morality?

Of course we know Xians have always done these things and more.

I don't do these things because I am a good person, with a natural set of ethics I believe most humans have. I'm empathetic so I don't want to hurt anyone. I've always been a rule-follower and now that I'm an athiest I still follow the rules. I have no desire to go on a shooting spree or stand in a crowd stoning a woman accused of having sex out of wedlock. I'm not promiscuous, and I think my country's morals are screwed up because the Trickle-Down Theory is causing untold misery for millions of families.

But then again ... if I could join a religion where I could be assured of heaven by sincerely saying The Sinner's Prayer on my deathbed...HELL! I COULD DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!!

post-21632-0-59273800-1402171082_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Those barbaric Japanese I tell you.  One of the most non-religious countries in the world, so that means everyone is looting, killing, raping, etc.

Oh wait, they're not?  How odd. 

Those barbaric Japanese I tell you.  One of the most non-religious countries in the world, so that means everyone is looting, killing, raping, etc.

Oh wait, they're not?  How odd. 

japanese people doing it wrong laugh.png

for the people who say that morality come from god/religion

compare

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027104/Japanese-return-50m-earthquake-rubble-tsunami-victims.html

and

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2014/february/founder-of-worlds-largest-megachurch-convicted-cho-yoido.html

one is people reporting money swap by tsunami and under the rebels, the money they really need especially after tsunami and the other one is church leader corrupting money

which one have morality?