my atheists friends wish me well,,,,

i recovered and

my catholic and christian friends said, "god saved you for a purpose",

my buddhist friends said, "you probably have good karma in past lives"

my family said "the ancestors are looking over us"

my taoist friends said, "it was not my time to go"

my atheist friends said, "you recovered, can still drink?"

i thanked the doctors for the good job they have done on my heart,,,,,

i resigned from my last job last august, got a couple of interviews after that,,,,

my christian friend said , "i get the kids to pray for your job interview"

my catholic friend who is jobless like me said "i will pray for you"

my buddhist friends said "i will pray for you"

my taoist friend light incense at the temples on my behalf

my athiest friends said "cast the net wider, and good luck"

i just got a new job after 9 months break, will be working in singapore next week,,,,

My take: prayer only works when these three factors collide

天时、地利、人和

heaven's time

lovation advantage

harmony of people

• Like 5

Congratulations on recovering from a heart attack and getting a new job.  3.gif

• Super Moderator

A toast to your health and your wealth. beer.gif

thanks folks,,,,, just bought a bottle of suntory whiskey,,,, will open next week,,,,,

cheers

Health and wealth to you, sir/

Regardless of whether anyone prays for this...

E

Congratulation for your health recovery and your new job!!!

It's hard to see is prayer is really work or not

one what is the definition of prayer that is work?a prayer that is answered as the expectation?

so in the world cup final the supporter team x pray that their team win while supporter team y pray that their team win

which one is answered prayer?

furthermore christians says that god have 3 answers for prayer: yes, later/wait, no

that's basically all the possible outcome for every prayer

• Like 1

In 2004, an Indonesian man killed a bunny rabbit. Hours later, a sunami desemated the country. See!!! Killing bunnies causes sunamis!!

Prayer is just as rediculus of a concept.

Disclaimer: My heart felt condolences go out to all of the victims of that tragic event. In no way do intend to make light of their suffering.

Disclaimer two: The bunny rabbit stuff is totally made up.

And yes! Congratulations to you, Prat!! Prayer or not, I'm happy to hear of your good fortune.

In 2004, an Indonesian man killed a bunny rabbit. Hours later, a sunami desemated the country. See!!! Killing bunnies causes sunamis!!

Disclaimer: My heart felt condolences go out to all of the victims of that tragic event. In no way do intend to make light of their suffering.

how dare you killing a such a cute innocent animal?

and furthermore, look what was the result of it!! hundreds of thousand of people died, millions were suffers and full of grief because you killed bunny!!

you are definitely going to hell!!

qdMlli4.png

how dare you killing a such a cute innocent animal?

and furthermore, look what was the result of it!! hundreds of thousand of people died, millions were suffers and full of grief because you killed bunny!!

you are definitely going to hell!!

qdMlli4.png

If only a missionary had told me how much god hates people who kill bunnies and that he sent his only son to save me from his own bunny-killer-hater wrath!! Then I wouldn't have to burn in an eternal lake of fire, in which I'm not sure if I would burn or drown...or whatever.

This is how prayer works (of the petition variety).

You are told that sometimes God says 'Yes,' sometimes God says 'no,' and sometimes God says 'Wait.'

Which pretty much covers every possibility; you get the thing you asked for soon, or later, or not at all.

So if you pray to a jug of milk, you're likely to get the same result.  You can say 'God/jug of milk' said yes/no/later... or you can realize that things just happen the way they're going to happen regardless of whether or not you pray.

That said, prayer can still be a mental/spiritual exercise that might help your state of mind in some tangible way.  If you find this is the case for you, keep praying!  You're not hurting anyone.

well,,,,,, the christians and catholics think god saved me for a greater purpose like glorify his name,,,,.

me tjhinks, it was pure shitty luck that i got a heart attack and met the wrong doctors and lucky later to meet the right doctors for reparable damages done by the former,,,,,

getting this job, also luck,,,,, no luck for 8 months before landing this job,,,,,,

prayer really works? nah,,,,, but whiskey does

So if you pray to a jug of milk, you're likely to get the same result.  You can say 'God/jug of milk' said yes/no/later... or you can realize that things just happen the way they're going to happen regardless of whether or not you pray.

That said, prayer can still be a mental/spiritual exercise that might help your state of mind in some tangible way.  If you find this is the case for you, keep praying!  You're not hurting anyone.

Maybe we all ought to start praying to the Holy Milk Jug. Praise its holy milk and magical cap!

May the Holy Milk Jug open itself to us and pour holy milk upon us so that we may be healed of all disease and injury, amen!

• Super Moderator

Glad you're doing okay. It seems with every notable event, good or bad, the believer takes it as an opportunity to validate his particular set of assumptions.

I was praying to the ham and cheese sandwich for your well being Pratt.

It answered my prayers.

All hail the ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm really glad you are doing well pratt. Thank goodness for good doctors.  And congratulations on the new job!! 

Here's toast to good luck!! beer.gif 

Enjoy life my friend!! 

*hug*

I was praying to the ham and cheese sandwich for your well being Pratt.

It answered my prayers.

All hail the ham and cheese sandwich.

Does this mean we have a theological division between the pastafarians and the hamwichists?

This is how prayer works (of the petition variety).

You are told that sometimes God says 'Yes,' sometimes God says 'no,' and sometimes God says 'Wait.'

Which pretty much covers every possibility; you get the thing you asked for soon, or later, or not at all.

So if you pray to a jug of milk, you're likely to get the same result. You can say 'God/jug of milk' said yes/no/later... or you can realize that things just happen the way they're going to happen regardless of whether or not you pray.

That said, prayer can still be a mental/spiritual exercise that might help your state of mind in some tangible way. If you find this is the case for you, keep praying! You're not hurting anyone.

Yep! God gets the eternal out. Since Christian explanations of "why does God...?" cover all options, there is always a way to get god off the hook. This principle is what makes Christian explanations (like creationism) non-falsifiable. God is deliberately set up so that he can't be disproven. They fail to understand that if their idea is non-falsifiable, it is also non-verifiable. The milk jug analogy perfectly illustrates this. If something is non-falsifiable, then there is no way to distinguish it in any circumstance. You can replace the non-falsifiable god idea with any other idea you want with the same non-falsifiable claims about it and the explanation works just as well.

• Super Moderator

I have a milk carton at home that also answers prayer.  But unlike god, my milk carton is deeply concerned about Lucinda Mae Wilcox, who has been missing since April 5, 2012.  It even has her picture and a description of her on it.

• Like 1

I have a milk carton at home that also answers prayer. But unlike god, my milk carton is deeply concerned about Lucinda Mae Wilcox, who has been missing since April 5, 2012. It even has her picture and a description of her on it.

Finally! A good god/milk carton.

Today at netherland vs mexico match

Netherland got a penalty in the extra time and if they score, they win the game

Before the penalty taken, the camera shot the mexico bench and some players were praying to god, I saw one of them even kneeling when pray. You can guess, most likely they pray to god to prevent netherland to score.

And netherland scored their winning goal

So what kind of god in favour for a nation with majority of non religious people (netherland) and forsaken the desperate pray from nation with majority of catholic (mexico)?

god says yes to netherlands, no to mexico and wait for the rest of the world?

Hey it's obvious the catholics actually worship Isis Horus and Set and have always been intent on world domination. Cue Jack T. Chick ;)