Goodbye Jesus

Church And State, Rick Perry Style

Roz

Don't know if anyone's posted this here, but here's a clip of Rick Perry being caught like a christian.

I really can't help but picture him attempting to play christian mind bending gymnastics as he's being asked pointed questions on his homosexual stance.

So what's my problem with this?  It's obvious to me he's trying to wiggle his way out of a national spotlight moment while not offending his religious base.  He's caught red handed trying to link alcoholism, a debilitating addiction, with homosexuality.  Then when asked he downplays it and just says "it should be a states issue."

It gets hilarious when the questions go to his individual state.  The Texas Reps endorsed 'conversion therapy' which is rejected by the medical community.  That's being decided in his state and his party endorses such 'treatment' for homosexuals.  You should see him squirm trying to get the fuck out of this conversation.  At one point he uses the line "I trust the medical experts" but when the reporter said "they reject it" he just keeps backtracking like any christian caught in a spin.

Now, I realize some of you are Republicans, staunch Republicans.  Can you please tell your party to distance itself away from the religious right?  I can think of no other reason why a political party even publicly endorses 'conversion therapy' unless it's to appeal to their religious voters.

This is what I hate about christianity, it's part and parcel with politics and pushes agendas that don't belong in the political ring.  But yet Texas Republicans along with Ricky here try to endorse something clearly brought on by religion.

Fix the political parties?  Yeah ok, I'll go along with that.  Start by making them secular again.

http://youtu.be/FnwljYAFfr8

I saw it differently.

Governor Perry answered the question and held to his views.

I saw it differently.

The only way I can get my head around you reaching that conclusion is that you agree with his views.  Do you agree with Perry that homosexuality is a disease that can be cured with therapy?

Guest Marty

I saw it differently.

Without using religion or god or scripture, please tell me how homosexuality is in any way a politician's (or the public in general) concern..  

You may say it goes against procreation, but with 7 billion people and growing fast, reducing procreation is a good thing.  And procreation also is a private matter that has no reason to be in a politicians (or the general public) sphere of concern or influence.

He didnt answer crap, just dodge, and spin. Not to mention the asswipe lies through his teeth(like most xtians, and rethuglicans) about a entire group of people. Tho asking a xtian about why he is defending a xtian, and defending bullshit like perry does, is typically quite pointless, they will spin doctor that like a tornado. Also dont forget antigay bigots are lie masters.

I saw it differently.

his views infringe what should be common human freedom to determin with will ones own path. His views are no more important than mine or yours but for some reason people put mouth pieces like this lying wind bag on a stand for people like you to drool over.

If these are your views to just come out and say it don't hide behind his political treachery.

I saw it differently.

The only way I can get my head around you reaching that conclusion is that you agree with his views.  Do you agree with Perry that homosexuality is a disease that can be cured with therapy?

7 days later I'm still waiting for an answer, IH.  Don't disappoint me, now?

I saw it differently.

The scriptures teach it is a sin....missing the mark.

I do not agree with Perry that it is a disease.

I saw it differently.

So gay people choose to be gay do they?

• Super Moderator

Good answer, IH. According to the book it is a sin. My issue with that is that it seems to be the only sin many Christians focus on. 

As far as Perry goes, if it is a disease, how can it be a sin any more than cancer or schizophrenia are sins?