Goodbye Jesus

Cyclical Ice Age Gets Hold Of The Earth

nivek

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/6092.asp

Cyclical Ice age gets hold of the earth - how severe will it be by 2012?

India Daily Technology Team

Dec. 29, 2005

Ice ages come every 11,000 years. A mega ice age

comes every 105,000 years. Both are due between

now and 2012. The 11,000 year cycle happens

because of increase and decrease of cyclical

underwater volcanic eruption. The 105,000 mega

ice age happens because of the changing shape of

the orbit of the earth around the sun - circular

to elliptical and then back to circular every 105,000 years.

Both the cycles are overdue. They have actually

started. Europe right now is in deep freeze.

Japan and South Korea are experiencing the worst

snowfall ever. Even New Delhi is experiencing the

worst ever fog and cold weather. Do not get

surprised to see New Delhi experiencing the

weather of Moscow, Miami experiencing the weather of Chicago.

Since the 105,000 cycle is overdue, the freeze

can be real severe by 2012 and beyond. Some

Geologists believe that global warming is causing

the freeze because of manipulation of warm ocean

currents and streams. The manipulation has

occurred for many reasons. Global warming from

human civilization is one reason. But much more

serious is the cyclical increase in under ocean

volcanoes and stretched geysers over miles. Such

an eruption has recently been discovered in

Indian Ocean stretching 45 miles releasing superheated steam to 750 degree F.

Because of this extra heat ocean is getting

evaporated. The resulting precipitation is

forming the snow and eventually ice. In the last

ice age, Montreal in Canada was under two miles

of ice. NY was less than 400 feet of ice. The

southern US has no ice but had the weather of Canada with very often snow fall.

With our current technology, our civilization

will survive the smaller cycle - the 11,000 year

cycle that can produce a mini ice age. Food will

be scarce and much of the northern hemisphere

will be under deep ice with little life there.

Serious migration of population will take place from north to south.

The terrestrial civilization cannot survive the

mega ice age that comes every 105,000 years. In

that case the ocean levels will fall by 500 feet

on an average. The whole earth will be under deep

ice. How do we know if the ice age that is

engulfing the earth is smaller or the mega one?

Some geologists, astrophysicists and scientists

believe if the mega ice age is starting then

certain parts of the world will be very cold and

under deep snow for a few years. At the same time

many parts of the world will experience very mild

winter. El Nino which is due in 2008-2009 can

cause the mega ice age to come. A super volcano

in Toba or Yellow Stone can also cause the mega

ice age. Earth's current orbit around the Sun

suggests that any of these will instantaneously (

two months for example) put the earth into deep

freeze. A burst of cosmic dusts from the center

of the galaxy can also cause the same. Severe

weather patterns that is taking hold of the earth are not very good signs.

You could say ... oh oh... we're in deep trouble...

I recently read an article about the sea currents are slowing down, and the sea levels are changing dramatically, and it was of course blamed on global warming.

It's strange that the 2012 is in there, since it's the end of the Mayan calendar, and supposedly the end of the world...

It's strange that the 2012 is in there, since it's the end of the Mayan calendar, and supposedly the end of the world...
I was thinking the same thing. :scratch:

Stuff like this makes me wonder just how long the scientifically minded man has been around, and if these cyclical occurences have been observed AND documented in the past. Then, we had to spend thousands more years re-learning the stuff due to the destruction of that information by the church.

They did it because, after all, the "knowledge of this world" doesn't bring everlasting life. :scratch:

Mmm I wouldn't doubt it. All that freshwater ice that melts into the ocean at the north pole might just alter the salinity of the global ocean circuit enough to stop the flow of warm water that comes up from the equator... hence, global cooling as a result of global warming.

And I was just watching "Day after Tomorrow" earlier...

That's it guys. The end of the world is near. Get ready for the Rapture

Sounds like a nastily interesting conclusion to the Human World.

Sort of like that old Blackadder episode "Goodbyee!"

They waited and waited for a war that could cut down them in seconds and boy it did!

Might be the same in this case if the predictions comes true.

I'd have to stock up on my woolies, warmies and canned food if it's true.

Serious migration of population will take place from north to south.

Heh. So NZ, Australia, the pacific islands, PNG and South America could be crowded with Yanks, English and etc...

Ethnical diversity, here we come!

The South will rise as the center of the World!

:HaHa:

I live in the Detroit area, and things have been changing over the last few years. Last year at this time, we had literally 20" of snow on the ground, that we had gotten in december and kept until March. That is abnormally severe. This year, to contrast, it is strangely warm. It was 50 degrees yeaterday, and has been in the forties for the last few days, and it's supposed to be that way again today. So, something is up, I agree.

And Winter seems to have packed its bags and left Ellensburg. It is supposed to be dumping buckets of cold and dry snow, being subfreezing for a week or two.

It's been 40s this week and Raining like I am on the west side of the mountains.

Hmm... according to what I've seen on paleoclimatology, the main engine seems to be solar energy -- and some scientists are saying the current interglacial period may actually be one of the extra-long ones (up to 20k years). We would therefore be looking at Triassic-style temperatures setting in... after a couple thousand years.

At least none of us have to worry about living long enough to find out...

But the climate is such a chaotic system that short-term variations of just about any type might be set off by the various natural and man-made disruptions. I've even seen climate models of the latter half of this century that have Europe frozen stiff and western North America frying to a crisp.

If you think that's scary, try reading up on astrophysics. No, really, it's gobs of fun. If 10,000 years ago a neutron star 10.000 light years away suffered a violent starquake, it's radiation will reach our Earth tomorrow and still carry enough energy to wipe out all mammal life.

We're just not that important to the universe... you never know when a hyperspace bypass is going to come through... ;)

Mmm I wouldn't doubt it. All that freshwater ice that melts into the ocean at the north pole might just alter the salinity of the global ocean circuit enough to stop the flow of warm water that comes up from the equator... hence, global cooling as a result of global warming.

I recently read that it already does. There are changes and slowdown of the currents as of now, and one of the explanations was the ice melting changing the salt levels.

I'm repeating myself I guess. Didn't I post this already?

Oh, I didn't mention the salt thingy in the previous post.

If you think that's scary, try reading up on astrophysics. No, really, it's gobs of fun. If 10,000 years ago a neutron star 10.000 light years away suffered a violent starquake, it's radiation will reach our Earth tomorrow and still carry enough energy to wipe out all mammal life.

Thanks for brighten up my evening! :grin: Now I'm gonna have an extra glass of wishkeehee...

Wow it's crazy how these guys were able to nail the date of the next ice age between now and in 7 years when the precision on both cycle is in the order of millenias. :lmao: Really funny if you consider we're scared of a global warming these days.

But laughs asides I read an article that proposed we just might avoided an ice age that should have been due a few thousands years ago not with nuclear weapons, heavenly interventions or superpowers but with.... farming! Yes! By cultivating land over the entire planet we might have changed the balance to our favor by curbing the loss of CO2 that usually preceded a global freezing with other gasses such as methane. I'll check around for it, but I think it was in a magazine.

[Edit] Found a link : http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/001838.html

Okay, I understand the dilution of salt waters by a huge supply of fresh water from the glacier could slow down the heat convection belts in the ocean and bring a global cooling. Still local variations are normals, weather is a heck to predict and minor solar variations (like sunspots) can affect the climate in subtle ways we might not have considered before in our models. :shrug:

And there's always GRB's (gamma ray bursts). 10 seconds of exposure to a GRB would effectively wipe us out, while leaving the planet itself relatively unscathed. :eek:

From Wikipedia:

Scientists at NASA and the University of Kansas in 2005 released a study that suggests that the Ordovician-Silurian extinction events of 450 million years ago could have been triggered by a gamma-ray burst. The scientists do not have direct evidence that such a burst activated the ancient extinction, rather the strength of their work is their atmospheric modeling, essentially a "what if" scenario. The scientists calculated that gamma-ray radiation from a relatively nearby star explosion, hitting the Earth for only ten seconds, could deplete up to half of the atmosphere's protective ozone layer. Recovery could take at least five years. With the ozone layer damaged, ultraviolet radiation from the Sun could kill much of the life on land and near the surface of oceans and lakes, disrupting the food chain. While gamma-ray bursts in our Milky Way galaxy are indeed rare, NASA scientists estimate that at least one nearby likely hit the Earth in the past billion years. Life on Earth is thought to have appeared at least 3.5 billion years ago.

Sleep well!

Oh well. As fascinating as I find this, seeing as how I saw Day After Tomorrow recently, I won't lose sleep over it. :HaHa: Living in Norway, I suppose I'll have to depend on all the down clothing we have, or otherwise freeze to death. In which case, I won't know the difference anyway, will I?

However, another interesting thought. Once the earth goes into an ice age, I wonder what it is exactly that gets the ocean's warming engine going again, and what level of salinity is needed exactly to keep us at the "stable" state we have now? That's something I've not thought about before . . . methinks I'll look into it.

OT

Meh...if there's one thing I've learned, it's that by going by the idea that we are not the center of the universe, our planet isn't very special. Humans themselves are especially not special, and the time that this generation of humans is in is even less special....so the chances of such a disaster occuring in our lifetime is next to nil, and the chances of a disaster killing the entire human race is next to nil.

Meh...if there's one thing I've learned, it's that by going by the idea that we are not the center of the universe, our planet isn't very special. Humans themselves are especially not special, and the time that this generation of humans is in is even less special....so the chances of such a disaster occuring in our lifetime is next to nil, and the chances of a disaster killing the entire human race is next to nil.

...So youre saying theres a chance?!