Goodbye Jesus

Worried Again

Kushne

I am trying but she says that because the word used in the bible means snakebite, that means the needle used in the implant is the same thing and that is what John meant. She also said that 6 means stigma--- and that means piercing. It might be dumb but it scares me.

When words don't mean what the dictionary says they mean and mean what the biblical interpreter du jior says they mean, then the bible can mean whatever the hell literally anyone in the world wants it to mean. 

Understand this isn't real and again, I strongly urge you to get a good book on critical thinking or at least google some youtube vids on the subject. 

Kushne,

Ahh, Jack Van Impe.  Hadn't heard that name in a while.  

I don't know why as a race we keep inflicted this stuff on ourselves.  (Too many real world problems-- too bad we have to add imaginary ones to them!)

Here's a list that's fun to read over: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

It's good to remember that 100% of predictions about the end of the world have been wrong to date...

I think Thomas Jefferson's thoughts on Revelation hit the nail on the head:

“It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Book of Revelation], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams.  … What has no meaning admits no explanation; and pardon me if I say, with the candor of friendship, that I think your time too valuable, and your understanding of too high an order, to be wasted on these paralogisms. You will perceive, I hope, also, that I do not consider them as revelations of the Supreme Being, whom I would not so far blaspheme as to impute to Him a pretension of revelation, couched at the same time in terms which, He would know, were never to be understood by those to whom they were addressed.”—Letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825

Ok-- I am really trying to get away from my friend and the way she likes to talk to me about the end times--I keep telling her that I am not interested, but she still wants to show me things because she thinks my soul is in danger.  I showed her these postings-- she stated that people are ignoring that the Henry Liddell Greek Lexicon shows that the same word in Revelation is used as a term for snake bite. 

Did greek terms change their meaning?  I looked up the information that Overcame Faith posted that also showed the definition of the work John used in Revelation, and it doesn't show this snake-bite information.  I think that John was talking about a stamp, or badge of owneship, like Overcame Faith said, but I can't get her off the snake bite business.  This seems to come from another book than the bible, and was a couple hundred years earlier.

A friend who badgers us or inflicts emotional harm is no longer a friend. I would boot her out of your life my friend 

Well considering youre supposedly gonna burn for the rest of your life, wouldn't he be considered your best friend? This is the pretense under which these christians operate. They think they are saving you from something horrendous.

I know you need to set your principles of life straight. I know I need to. Do you wish to live for the here and now or would you submit to an egomaniacal-but-loving god in hopes that he doesn't send you to hell.

Well considering youre supposedly gonna burn for the rest of your life, wouldn't he be considered your best friend? This is the pretense under which these christians operate. They think they are saving you from something horrendous.

Naturally Christians friends will preach Hellfire out of "love......ask them to surrender their worldly goods to you as the Bible mandates and suddenly they won't return your calls..................pick and mix Christianity in all its hypocrisy 

Ok-- I am really trying to get away from my friend and the way she likes to talk to me about the end times--I keep telling her that I am not interested, but she still wants to show me things because she thinks my soul is in danger.  I showed her these postings-- she stated that people are ignoring that the Henry Liddell Greek Lexicon shows that the same word in Revelation is used as a term for snake bite. 

Did greek terms change their meaning?  I looked up the information that Overcame Faith posted that also showed the definition of the work John used in Revelation, and it doesn't show this snake-bite information.  I think that John was talking about a stamp, or badge of owneship, like Overcame Faith said, but I can't get her off the snake bite business.  This seems to come from another book than the bible, and was a couple hundred years earlier.

Your friend has already predetermined that what she says must be correct. And why is that? Because it fits her end-times agenda. She will latch onto anything, no matter how silly, to believe that verichips are the mark of the beast. However, you must keep in mind that your proper view of the words used does not depend on her opinion.

My advice is to stop trying to convince her of anything. Just concentrate where a proper view of the evidence leads and leave it at that.

I've been hearing that the mark of the beast is almost here for the past twenty years.  This shit used to really get me upset.  Now I don't let it trouble me anymore.  Let's worry about the problems that are here now.  Torture, disease, murder, poverty and such.  I am undecided about whether Yahweh exists but I know from reading his stupid book that he prefers to do everything sneaky and unexpected.  It makes him feel smart and superior to pull the wool over everybody's eyes.  Like when he sent Jesus, Jesus was undercover and not an obvious "god."  This is an example of Yawhehs' craftiness.  If there is a mark coming, it won't be anything predictable like verichip.   But take it from someone who used to panic about getting the mark and missing the rapture and all of that shit.  It's a waste of time to worry about it or try to predict it.  My prediction is that the writer of revelation was mentally deranged and we don't need to put much stock in his ravings. 

I've only got two things to add.

1) I've said this for years, (even when I was a Christian).  If the anti-Christ is going to control the whole world through computers, he's going to need something way way way better than what is available now.

and 2) it seems that in the Christian apologetic every Greek word can mean something else, according to Strong's concordance or whatever, and there would have to be an almost infinite amount of Bibles written to cover all of the possibilities.

It's OK to worry, Kushne. I've done it too. After a while, if you think it all through, the worry will go away.

The whole End of Times stuff gets old very quickly. People see signs and wonders everywhere.

I have lived through so many "End of the World" predictions, it is laughable........

They used to really bother me, when I was younger......yet none of them (obviously) came true