Goodbye Jesus

Y'all Come Back, Now; Ya Hear?

TheRedneckProfessor

RN Jr. got ringside seats to logic 101

• Super Moderator

RN Jr. got ringside seats to logic 101

I gotta tell you, Roz, your slavery arguments were completely priceless.  Thank you for being on this website.  Your thoughts on the Amalekites even came into play a few times.  Damn, I love a good fight.

• Like 1

The black JW must've been taken aback by those verses, I know I was when I first read the whole damn chapter of Lev. 25 straight through. 

RN Jr.'s learned a lesson I still have to relearn sometimes.  The slavery with me having slave ancestors makes it a bit hard to remain polite, but it's really needed:

"He and I had a conversation about it later and we discussed that it's okay to disagree with others, so long as he remains polite and cordial.  I also reinforced the idea of being able to present a clear, lucid, and consistent argument while allowing his counterlocuters to present their ideas and arguments as best as they can."

EDIT:  his generation just might be the first one where atheists are generally tolerated and don't carry our stigma today, which is great.

• Like 2

This is why I love this site so much.  For the most part, it is populated by highly intelligent people and we are all the better from being able to learn from the knowledge of everyone else who joins in our conversations.  You made this explicitely clear in your op, where you showed how you used the arguments from other members.  Every one of us is smart, but put us all together and the paltry claims made by theists stand no chance.

• Like 3

"Consider the common housefly, with an average life-span of two days," he cajoled.

"Point to the scripture that supports your claim," I rejoined.  "If you can't, we can dismiss the claim as unsound."

I'm going to steal that. I love turning their "if it ain't in the bible, it ain't true" nonsense against them.

Sadly, the time had come for me to get Redneck Jr. ready for his appointment.  I thanked them for their time and invited them to visit any time they wanted to.  Older White Man said he'd like to, if it was okay with Middle Aged African American female.  I asked him why he would need to clear it with her, given that St. Paul was quite clear on women not being allowed authority.

laugh.png Oh man, that whole episode was epic. Wish we had it on film. 

Well done, Prof!

and it did not end with kumbaya prayer,,,,

i am disappointed with you prof,,,, hahahaha,,,

i believe you folks n jws had a wonderful fellowship

That was sweet.

I'll bet most of us are aware of nearly everything you used as rebuttal material, but few -- VERY few of us can recall it so quickly as to keep the conversation moving along like that.

Hats off to you! :-)

• Like 1

Well done, Prof!  Redneck Jr is a lucky lad.

Great job!

Speaking of Jehovah's Witnesses, I've lived about a half mile from a Kingdom Hall for nine years. When I first moved in here, I was sure that they'd be bothering me a good bit, but surprisingly, they've never once knocked on the door when I've been home.

• Super Moderator

That is one lucky Junior Redneck!

My last encounter lasted all of five minutes with the guy hastily retreating and saying he didnt want to argue, where upon I said, well you came to my door with your ideas,and you dont want a discussion??

sigh .. I so like doing that

• Like 3

That was hilarious.