Goodbye Jesus

"they Deserved It"

Amethyst

Misplaced Bag, Haste Led to Hajj Stampede

I see that the fundy Muslims are using the same excuse that fundy Christians do whenever something tragic happens: "The victims deserved it." In this case, because they wanted to finish the ritual. :eek:

"This was fate destined by God," al-Turki said. "Some of the pilgrims were undisciplined and hasty to finish the ritual as soon as possible."

Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abdel Aziz told reporters the state had "spared no effort" to prevent such disasters but added, "it cannot stop what God has preordained. It is impossible."

That excuse disgusts me. How anyone can worship a god who murders people willy nilly for any reason he wants to is just beyond me. Must be out of fear. It can't be out of love, because murdering people and then torturing them forever is not a sign of love. It's the opposite.

Not only that, but the lack of compassion from their leader, who obviously does not care to even try and stop it because it's "preordained".

Arrrrgh! :vent:

I don't know who is worse sometimes, fundy Muslims or fundy Christians.

Same song, slightly different key.

It's a hard call, since both preach spiritual terrorism. I think fundie Muslims are worse than fundie Xians, since physical violence on a large scale is a fact of the Islamic world whilst it is no longer a part of the Xian world. I just made a remark to this on another thread: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=130517

Nowadays, yes, Islam is much worse. Xianity today, even in its worst forms, is relegated to spiritual terrorism. There are no crusades, no Inquisitons, no witch trials. Islam on the other hand is physically militant and physically dangerous, as well as having all the spiritual terror that Xianity also has. Some Xians would like to be more physical, but the bulk of even the most fundamentalist ones wouldn't fly airplanes into buildings or strap bombs onto themselves. The crescent is our biggest religious worry - the cross is growing weaker as time goes on.

They are both a plague on humanity, but the Islamic nuts I think are the bigger threat nowadays. Hopefully, they will die out in time, like Xianity is dying even now.

I suppose you've heard about Pat Robertson declaring it was God who ordained Sharone's stroke, leader of Israel, for giving away part of Israel to the Palestinians. This seemed to have backfired on Pat Robertson tremendously. He was planning on building a big tourist trap in Israel, and now it seems Israel claims they will have nothing to do with him, all of his business ventures there are off for making such a comment about God's vengence on their leader!

I am curious how this will effect the Muslim community. An American we unfortunately give much public arena time, complaining that Israel gives these Muslim's land, yet Israel condemns him for such a remark. :scratch: Hmmm... this may actually work for more consideration towards each other, Jews and Muslims, in the middle east?

How anyone can worship a god who murders people willy nilly for any reason he wants to is just beyond me.

Sometimes people don’t make ‘excuses’ for god’s actions. Instead they are pleased that god is so much like themselves that god would even carry out their own fantasies during periods of frustration or disgust.

Pat Robertson comes to mind. :scratch:

Pat Robertson comes to mind.

Him and Jerry Falwell. Hmmm, Falwell has been quiet lately. I wonder why?

Sometimes people don’t make ‘excuses’ for god’s actions. Instead they are pleased that god is so much like themselves that god would even carry out their own fantasies during periods of frustration or disgust.

Pat Robertson comes to mind. :scratch:

Good insight! :thanks:

Brilliantly put, Amethyst.

Merlin