Goodbye Jesus

Satan's Journal Entry

Guest Nilknarf

Guest Nilknarf

:HaHa: Satan's up to his old shenanigans again by deceiving us with dinosaur fossils. When will he ever learn that we don't fall for that shit?

Click here for story:

'Stranger Than Strange' Dinosaur Found in Utah. This version of the story might only be available to those who have AOL. I have not checked for other versions. Anyway, I copied it below.

'Stranger Than Strange' Dinosaur Found in Utah

Sickle-Clawed, Feathered Creature Represents Transition From Meat to Plant Eater

By AMANDA ONION, ABCNews.com

(May. 4) -- What must have been a grim day some 130 million years ago has proven to be a boon for today's paleontologists with the discovery of the remains from hundreds, perhaps thousands, of specimens of a bizarre new species of dinosaur in Utah.

Scientists aren't sure what may have caused the deaths of these feathered, rotund, sickle-clawed creatures called Falcarius utahensis. But the resulting jumble of fossilized bones in a two-acre area of Utah's Cedar Mountain Formation offers a rich sample of a range of individuals from a unique group once thought to be mostly limited to Asia.

An analysis of one of the dinosaurs also suggests this herd may represent a snapshot of evolution in action as the animal switched from being mainly meat-eaters to plant-eaters.

"There is a giant hillside full of the fossils and we've only started to open a small portion of it," said Lindsay Zanno, a doctoral student at the University of Utah's Utah Museum of Natural History and a co-author of a study about the dinosaur in this week's issue of Nature. "It's likely to be one of the best dinosaur quarries in the world."

Reformed Fossil Thief Made Discovery

This is only the second therizinosaur species to be found in North America. The other was a much later version -- only 90 million years old -- which Kirkland discovered in the late 1990s in New Mexico. Because it dated to the Late Cretaceous period, Kirkland and others had concluded that the older therizinosaurs in China had migrated over a land bridge from Asia through Alaska.

But 130 million years ago -- when the Utah creature was alive and well -- no such Alaska land bridge existed. This means the dinosaur could have been more widespread than scientists realized or that it migrated over Europe to North America, or it may have originated in what is now the American Southwest.

"I think the find is highly significant," said David Gillette, curator of paleontology at the Museum of Northern Arizona and a geologist at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. "The fact that we have Early Cretaceous specimens in North America throws open the question of where they originated."

These kinds of insights into the strange group of dinosaurs would never have come to light, if not for the latent conscience of a fossil thief.

A prospector from Moab, Utah, was the first to come across the find in the late 1990s while looking for ore and minerals in the desert. Even though he was on federal land, the prospector didn't immediately tell authorities about the cache, but excavated them and began selling material from the site.

Pretty soon, he realized the bones were highly unusual for the area. That's when he notified the state.

"He turned the material over to me and I said 'I won't go out of my way to go after you,' " Kirkland recalled. "But the stuff was coming into the market illegally and the Bureau of Land Management was already aware."

When asked to give a deposition about the prospector's actions, Kirkland agreed and the man was convicted, served five months in jail and paid a $15,000 fine.

"He knew this was possible and was willing to face the consequences. I was impressed he was willing to put his head on the chopping block," said Kirkland. "The guy is not evil, but he was no angel, either."

Kirkland adds that there are likely all kinds of dinosaur fossils that never make it into the scientific record because private bone hunters dig them up and then sell them for profit. But as this recent discovery shows, much remains to be found and revealed -- even in this country -- about what kinds of dinosaurs were among this planet's earliest residents.

Guest acorn

Thats awesome, God created many wonderful animals. I wonder how "large" this hill is, cause it would make sense for survival in the Flood that the animal was gradually climbing and got to a point that there was nothing more to eat but plants. Humm. Pretty cool. Thats a good point about the Flood killing all the dinosaurs, not to mention the intense pressure of the water on the earth in which we have all our "fossil fuels", yea and even enough pressure to create diamonds in less than millions of years. Thanks.

Thats awesome, God created many wonderful animals. I wonder how "large" this hill is, cause it would make sense for survival in the Flood that the animal was gradually climbing and got to a point that there was nothing more to eat but plants. Humm. Pretty cool. Thats a good point about the Flood killing all the dinosaurs, not to mention the intense pressure of the water on the earth in which we have all our "fossil fuels", yea and even enough pressure to create diamonds in less than millions of years. Thanks.

There never was a global flood. That's a scientific fact. Get over it.

Guest Gothicrip

Dude... If there was a great flood, we'd never exist. Mostly because the air was too humid to breath (which means we drown in air) and the lack of sufficient oxygen for life to go on because all the trees are drowned (which means we suffocate).

Unless we're talking microscopic life forms like bacteria or something...

Plus it says there that the fossils are a 130 million years old, which means Noah didn't exist, which means there are no human recordings of the flood like in the bible.

Unless the dinosaures suddenly learned to write some 130 million year ago. O_o

Thats awesome, God created many wonderful animals. I wonder how "large" this hill is, cause it would make sense for survival in the Flood that the animal was gradually climbing and got to a point that there was nothing more to eat but plants. Humm. Pretty cool.

That would be some real fucking fast evolving there... :twitch:

And thank you Eric Cartman for that wonderful report.

:HappyCry: Anybody know a quick way to dry out a keyboard?

If you find a way, let me know, ok?

I'm surprised that Acorn didn't already know all of that. :lmao:

your killing me

When I first saw this, I thought of a blog. You know, if Satan was real and he actually had a blog, it would probably be the most widely read one on the planet. Except possibly for God's (if he was real). Could you imagine the flame wars between the two?

Use a hair drier on it.

Where did the water come from? Where did it go?

To reach the peaks of Ararat would require how much water?

How would the orbit of the moon be affected by that much additional water and its subsequent disappearance?

What would be the atmospheric pressure with that much additional water, and the relative humidity? Could humans survive under those circumstances?

What rainfall rate would be required to reach the peaks of Ararat within 40-24 hour periods of continuous rain? Is it reasonable that any vessel, no matter how wel constructed could remain afloat under those conditions?

How did the kangaroos get on the boat, and how did they get back when it was over? Since they can't swim, perhaps they jumped?

How did the sea creatures survive the masisve desalination for 40-24 hour periods. If the rain was salty, how did the fresh water creatures survive? How did the fresh water creatures know how to get back to fresh water when the water subsided?

Why are there such similarities to the Epic of Gilgamesh and Genesis?