Goodbye Jesus

They Think Its All Over......it Is Now!

Castiel233

Interviewer: “Castiel, the final whistle gone and as we await the trophy presentations talk us through what you thought of the match”.

“Game of two halves really. Christian FC started really well in the beginning, had a lot of it all their own way. I thought their number 9, Moses, really parted our defence in the first quarter and considering the wet conditions out there, I thought their Noah was the best centre back of the tournament

They were let down towards the end of the first half by the mid field pairing of Satan and Yahweh. The ref was right to send Yahweh off. I’ve never seen a temper like it, exploding over nothing. He should be ashamed of himself, but as we have learnt from previous games, he seems to have anger management problems that never get successfully addressed. Odd choice to play both Satan and Yahweh together for me any way. Yahweh a bit too much of a disciplinarian for the modern game and Satan often let down by his rebellion streak

For the second half they brought Jesus, Judas and Paul on. It didn’t really work for me. Jesus and Paul played like there’d never meet each other before, the amount of confusion between the two was shocking. Judas started well, but as the game wore on and it looked like going to extra time, he looked like he wanted to be on the other team. His heart wasn’t really in it.

To be fair Jesus was better than Paul, he got a lot of good crosses into the box, but he couldn’t seem to hold onto his earlier promise. As the game wore on I thought Free-thought FC had pretty much crucified him towards the end. Christian FC stated they would be a revelation in today’s game, but apart from Peter, who was denied three times by the crossbar, I thought their big hitters were non existent for the second half.

Summing up I thought Free-thought FC was well worth their win. Christian FC had a lot of promise, that in the end they didn’t really amount to much more than smoke and mirrors on the pitch. Free-thought FC had a good game plan, played with a lot of common sense, held it together with plenty of grit, mixed up with a forward looking approach and dare I say had a lot more humility going forward. They well deserved the cup at the final whistle.

• Like 1

Christian FC would get pummeled even by our American MLS teams.  And yes, we don't care for soccer.