Goodbye Jesus

Fixing The Gospels

directionless

Sometimes, I wish people would stop enabling others to stay lost in lies. :( The Bible is bullshit. I don't give a shit what 'translation' or 'interpretation' or 'version' you take in.

Exfuckingzackly!!!!! That pisses me off, too.

"Oh, I was just wondering -- did Jesus really feed millions with a bucket of KFC?"

HEY, BUDDY, WHO GIVES A SHIT? WILL YOU JUST LISTEN TO YOURSELF FOR TWO FUCKING SECONDS?!?!?!

Stuff makes me wanna slam my head into a wall until I wanna chew glass and run my face over with a lawn mower.

That's fine for you, but directionless is going through a process, and each person's process is unique to them.  Knowledge is power, and he is just trying to work through his process by gaining knowledge.  Why would you want to censor the information he accesses and decide for him what knowledge to investigate for himself?  Give him credit for being intelligent enough to sift through what he finds in his own time and his own way. This site is supposed to be about supporting people through what can be a difficult process.  Let's try not to impose our own issues onto others.

So, exactly WHAT am I being accused of here? Censorship or imposing my views?

I've done neither.Once again, your penchant for idiocy knows no bounds.

*irrelevant personal nonsense

No no no... See? You've done that completely wrong! Now -- you're only supposed to do the Ramen/Highlight/dismissal if the "argument" that YOU made was a well thought out, reasonable and logical statement.

Yours wasn't.

It REALLY was just another completely idiotic comment from you. You made two, baseless semi-accusations toward me with your initial comment.

Just like an idiot would do!

Also, instead of just dismissing the "irrelevant personal nonsense", you still failed to address the part that you didn't highlight.

Again -- just like an idiot would do!

Here's a little advice (I wish I could type this in one syllable words for you), when someone gives their opinion about something, don't be so quick to label them or falsely accuse them of something because (drum roll please)

that's exactly what idiots do!

Sometimes, I wish people would stop enabling others to stay lost in lies. sad.png The Bible is bullshit. I don't give a shit what 'translation' or 'interpretation' or 'version' you take in.

"Oh, I was just wondering -- did Jesus really feed millions with a bucket of KFC?"

HEY, BUDDY, WHO GIVES A SHIT? WILL YOU JUST LISTEN TO YOURSELF FOR TWO FUCKING SECONDS?!?!?!

Stuff makes me wanna slam my head into a wall until I wanna chew glass and run my face over with a lawn mower.

That's fine for you, but directionless is going through a process, and each person's process is unique to them.  Knowledge is power, and he is just trying to work through his process by gaining knowledge.  Why would you want to censor the information he accesses and decide for him what knowledge to investigate for himself?  Give him credit for being intelligent enough to sift through what he finds in his own time and his own way. This site is supposed to be about supporting people through what can be a difficult process.  Let's try not to impose our own issues onto others.

No no no... See? You've done that completely wrong! Now -- you're only supposed to do the Ramen/Highlight/dismissal if the "argument" that YOU made was a well thought out, reasonable and logical statement.

Yours wasn't.

It REALLY was just another completely idiotic comment from you. You made two, baseless semi-accusations toward me with your initial comment.

Also, instead of just dismissing the "irrelevant personal nonsense", you still failed to address the part that you didn't highlight.

Here's a little advice (I wish I could type this in one syllable words for you), when someone gives their opinion about something, don't be so quick to label them or falsely accuse them of something because (drum roll please)

Look yourself in the mirror, Fweethawt. You're acting like a prick.

I'll take the prick label over the idiot one any day of the week.

Sometimes, I wish people would stop enabling others to stay lost in lies. :( The Bible is bullshit. I don't give a shit what 'translation' or 'interpretation' or 'version' you take in.

Yours wasn't.

Aw, No one's an idiot. :blush: You know, I sometimes wonder if we were all in a room together, and we could hear tone and see expressions on each other's faces, if we would make rash leaps as we sometimes do. As *I* sometimes do. Lol

We're all works in progress and it was not my intent to offend anyone. If I'm honest, I don't know if I'll ever be a fully "recovered" Christain. And that makes me sad, sometimes.

Thanks, everybody, for the ideas. :)You guys are probably right that my interest in this project indicates a semi-unconscious desire to find a real spiritual God and Jesus somewhere under the folk lore, scribal errors, and lies.I also suspect the effort would reveal Jesus to be a uncommonly wise but otherwise orthodox Jew of his times (since that is the view of Vermes). Judaism becomes progressively less inspiring as we trace it back through history (Yahweh the lord of armies and so forth).So the historical Jesus and God probably wouldn't match the Jesus and God that I have felt at times (in hallucinations, coincidences, answered prayers, dreams). This result might clarify things for me.Sometimes I feel a strong need to know if there is some spiritual truth out there. Other times I don't care. It seems to depend on my psychological state.

You need no one's permission or approval to question and look into whatever issues related to Christianity you deem necessary and appropriate for your individual situation.

I am not certain one way or the other whether there was a historical Jesus; however, some have said that the Gospel of Thomas may have some sayings that may be authentic, not all, but some. I like the Jesus of the Gospel of Thomas. There are no miracles, no resurrections, etc., only someone with some things to say. If you are interested, here's a link.

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

Thanks, Vermes also mentioned that the Gospel of Thomas may have more authentic material than the canonical gospels. I started skimming the link you provided. It is interesting, but I can tell it would take a lot of thought to understand many of those sayings.

Thanks, everybody, for the ideas. :)You guys are probably right that my interest in this project indicates a semi-unconscious desire to find a real spiritual God and Jesus somewhere under the folk lore, scribal errors, and lies.I also suspect the effort would reveal Jesus to be a uncommonly wise but otherwise orthodox Jew of his times (since that is the view of Vermes). Judaism becomes progressively less inspiring as we trace it back through history (Yahweh the lord of armies and so forth).So the historical Jesus and God probably wouldn't match the Jesus and God that I have felt at times (in hallucinations, coincidences, answered prayers, dreams). This result might clarify things for me.Sometimes I feel a strong need to know if there is some spiritual truth out there. Other times I don't care. It seems to depend on my psychological state.

You need no one's permission or approval to question and look into whatever issues related to Christianity you deem necessary and appropriate for your individual situation.I am not certain one way or the other whether there was a historical Jesus; however, some have said that the Gospel of Thomas may have some sayings that may be authentic, not all, but some. I like the Jesus of the Gospel of Thomas. There are no miracles, no resurrections, etc., only someone with some things to say. If you are interested, here's a link.http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
Thanks, Vermes also mentioned that the Gospel of Thomas may have more authentic material than the canonical gospels. I started skimming the link you provided. It is interesting, but I can tell it would take a lot of thought to understand many of those sayings.

I've read the Gospel of Thomas several times and am still left shaking my head on most of the sayings. There is one thing that helps to some extent. Remember that the GOT is gnostic which basically means secret teachings or knowledge (see the preamble of the GOT). I think the key to understanding at least some of the sayings is the understanding that in the gnostic view, the Kingdom of God is not out there somewhere in heaven. Rather, it is within each of us and when we come to that understanding, we will, according to the Gnostics,have access to the kingdom of God.

Try reading a few of the sayings with that understanding and see if at least some of them make a little more sense.