Goodbye Jesus

Holy Ghost......

bfuddled

This "amazing" new movie has been all over my FB feed today. I hadn't heard of it until now. Holy Ghost

I looked up the director/film maker and he's done a few others, Finger of God, Furious Love... Has anyone watched any of these?

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for these documentaries. Something is highly entertaining watching these from my new perspective and laughing at how ridiculous some of the ideas and practices are.

Oh...this trailer makes me wanna do a documentary on the flying spaghetti monster. And go wherever it leads me, to make it famous. Who's in? It will be fun!

Oh...this trailer makes me wanna do a documentary on the flying spaghetti monster. And go wherever it leads me, to make it famous. Who's in? It will be fun!

LoL that would be freaking awesome! I'd go with!

So I watched part of the Finger of God last night, and HOLY CRAP this stuff is weirder than I thought. They're talking about God giving them Gold Teeth and sprinkling gold dust and manna into their bibles. What possible stupid reason would god have for doing that? Seriously?! If there really was a god who would rather give middle class white people new gold teeth than to feed a starving child then he doesn't deserve praise, he deserves a swift kick in the nuts. 

God is in more trouble than I thought if he needs a movie as bad as this one to try to make him famous.  A god who cannot make himself famous without help from publicity artists is pathetic.  God should be famous if he would fly down here like superman and start doing some helpful shit other than writing a stupid bible. 

• Like 1

So I watched part of the Finger of God last night, and HOLY CRAP this stuff is weirder than I thought. They're talking about God giving them Gold Teeth and sprinkling gold dust and manna into their bibles. What possible stupid reason would god have for doing that? Seriously?! If there really was a god who would rather give middle class white people new gold teeth than to feed a starving child then he doesn't deserve praise, he deserves a swift kick in the nuts. 

"back then people needed raw displays of power because, well their theology wasn't as sophisticated ours is now." What a tired old, and annoying excuse to make for a god who never shows up because he doesn't exist... 

"Why would a god who is so normal do something so abnormal?" -_______-

Why gold teeth? Why not just teeth? I mean God would be the one who could fix teeth without having to use any other material then teeth to fix teeth...Oh I get it, he is a narcissist and if he would just fix teeth with teeth there would be nothing to show on camera...to make him famous...

Yeah, I saw that it all traces back to the Toronto Blessing stuff. Our church got involved in that in the 90s, but they never went too overboard with it. In the Finger of God documentary, one of the missionaries mentions Todd Bentley and how great he is, which is a big tip off that they're full of crap. He's the one from the Florida revival stuff that all fell apart when he had an affair with an intern and left his wife to marry the other lady.

I seriously was watching the FOG movie in disbelief that I ever believed any of it. Their denial and blatant misrepresentations of "healings" are to pathetic that it's kind of sad. I keep thinking that there will be SOMETHING that will make me stop and rethink things, but everything I see just confirms how ridiculous this stuff is.

These things make me kinda want to have an afterlife where everything would be exposed and see those peoples faces when it will be obvious to everyone that it was all made up...for whatever reasons...

• Like 1