Goodbye Jesus

This Year At Otakon We Had Some Preachers Show Up, But We Had This Perfect Cosplayer Show Up

SilentLoner

So this was on Friday at Otakon in Baltimore, MD. Two preachers guys with these signs show up to tell us to turn back to god and forsake out depravity, blah blah blah. That was amusing by itself, but even more so when the NICHOLAS CAGE POPE  showed up. Thought I'd share the experience with you guys and I took these photos:

Z10aqkp.jpg

KbTumQD.jpg

• Like 6

Love it.  Any idea why Nick Cage?  It's great just as random but I wonder what the story is behind that.

Love it.  Any idea why Nick Cage?  It's great just as random but I wonder what the story is behind that.

There really doesn't need to be a story. If street preachers show up at a freakin' anime convention, WHY NOT a pope with a Nicholas Cage poster,too???

Preachers at an anime convention? That's pretty weird. I don't get it...

There really doesn't need to be a story. If street preachers show up at a freakin' anime convention, WHY NOT a pope with a Nicholas Cage poster,too???

Preachers at an anime convention? That's pretty weird. I don't get it...

Its not unheard of. The WBC has protested at Comic-Con a few times and there are plenty of vids on youtube showing preachers at similar cons.

Are u sure it's not a cosplayer doing cosplay as fundi? Lol

Are u sure it's not a cosplayer doing cosplay as fundi? Lol

Nah it was real.

The pope gets the last laugh.  Nick Cage gets Left Behind (Coming soon to a theater near you).

mwc

Hey, SilentLoner, we're Beltway neighbors! (I'm in Rockville.)

Hey, SilentLoner, we're Beltway neighbors! (I'm in Rockville.)

Cool, so am I!

Someone finally uploaded footage - some of my fellow con-goers really gave the guy a good verbal bashing: