Goodbye Jesus

The Second Coming Of... Wololo

FreeThinkerNZ

You asked that someone come argue. My question is would it matter? Hence the grace approach. Seems like the most mature stance in my opinion.

I find it annoying how you translate everything into grace and a relationship.  We are not sheep and this isn't Sunday School.

I find it annoying how you don't see that everything in this fucking universe is in a relationship you can't use anyone else's language except yours. I also find it annoying how you dismiss everything to what you believe is real. So grow up already.

Ah, Christian grace in action.  I do see that everything in the universe is in a relationship.  It is called gravity.

• Like 2

You asked that someone come argue. My question is would it matter? Hence the grace approach. Seems like the most mature stance in my opinion.

I find it annoying how you translate everything into grace and a relationship.  We are not sheep and this isn't Sunday School.

I find it annoying how you don't see that everything in this fucking universe is in a relationship you can't use anyone else's language except yours. I also find it annoying how you dismiss everything to what you believe is real. So grow up already.

Ah, Christian grace in action.  I do see that everything in the universe is in a relationship.  It is called gravity.

I find it annoying how you translate everything into science....so I guess we will have to find grace for each other.

I find it annoying how you translate everything into science....so I guess we will have to find grace for each other.

Science is real.  The things uncovered by science are real.  Your fantasy is not real.  Does the Holy Spirit proceed from the Father and Son, from the Father alone or from the Easter Bunny?

It's my (thoroughly unscientific) observation that the only people who seem to be impressed by the concept of grace are the Calvinists. Their god is so terrible that they're always impressed at the thought that he might give something away for free.

• Like 6

Grace is the final answer to the problem god caused when he created evil and then entrapped us in the garden.  True grace, on god's part, would have been to not cause the problem in the first place.

It matters because by testing things we can find out which ideas are true and which ideas are lies that enslave people.  If Christendom had its way we would still be living in the Dark Ages.

• Like 1

Grace is the final answer to the problem god caused when he created evil and then entrapped us in the garden.  True grace, on god's part, would have been to not cause the problem in the first place.

It matters because by testing things we can find out which ideas are true and which ideas are lies that enslave people.  If Christendom had its way we would still be living in the Dark Ages.

Like calling people annoying enslaves people? That kind of enslavement?

Name just one way Christianity has advanced civilization.

It's my (thoroughly unscientific) observation that the only people who seem to be impressed by the concept of grace are the Calvinists. Their god is so terrible that they're always impressed at the thought that he might give something away for free.

Yeah, Calvinists, or Calvinist wannabes.  The first are chumps, the second are chump wannabes.

The slightest criticism kills your grace.  So much for your example and preaching.

I was talking about the way Christianity enslaves people.  The kind of enslavement that forces people to think everything is a relationship of grace so we should pay our pastor 10% of our income to show God just how grateful we are that God did the thing that never happened so the thing that will never happen and that other thing that never happened because it is all imaginary.

The power of the religion over people and the crimes of the clergy are the only things that are real. 

• Like 1

I suppose it's a little easier for me, since my "anger phase" was pretty short lived.

I do think some people are being unfair to him, saying he's not a "real Christian" because some of his beliefs don't match the Evangelical Protestant Christian perspective. Christianity is quite large, and Evangelical Christianity is but one perspective, and a young one at that. Wololo is "non-denominational", meaning he has come to his own conclusions, odd as some of them are, rather than following a set of beliefs laid down by a single Church (except for the Bible, compiled by the Catholic/Orthodox Church. But that's to be expected of the majority of Christians). I feel he deserves respect for that at least. He believes what he thinks is right. In the end, that's all each of us can do.

Which, of course, is a problem for Christianity. It's infinitely redefinable and remold-able. I applaud anyone for being able to question beyond the status quo explanations. But the fact that Christianity is so subjective should send up red flags. No way to objectively verify its claims. That's why it is so subjective and why there are so many brands of it. This fact is a huge discredit to a religion that claims to know the "truth" the rest of the world needs to hear.

• Like 2

Perhaps you'd like to answer some questions about grace, please End?

Why do you think grace applies here, in an Ex-Christian forum, the purpose of which is to encourage those leaving the Christian faith and to be a resource for them in their journey away from Christ and his grace?

According to Hebrews 6 : 4 - 8, (please re-read this passage to refresh your memory) we Ex-Christians have rejected God's grace and cannot come under his grace again.  So how does God's grace us apply to us now?

If you think that God's grace still applies to us Ex-Christians in any way, would you please show us the scripture where it says so?

Assuming your definition of grace is something other than the Biblical one, could you please tell us in as plain and simple terms what you think grace is?

Then, having given your definition of grace, could also explain, in equally plain and simple terms, why you think it applies to us?

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I find this retort to be somewhat lacking in grace.

• Like 1

I find it annoying how you translate everything into grace and a relationship. We are not sheep and this isn't Sunday School.

I find End3's grammar and inability to compose a meaningful sentence anoying.

• Like 1

As with all preachers we are to do as he says and not as he does.

Why do you think grace applies here, in an Ex-Christian forum, the purpose of which is to encourage those leaving the Christian faith and to be a resource for them in their journey away from Christ and his grace?

According to Hebrews 6 : 4 - 8, (please re-read this passage to refresh your memory) we Ex-Christians have rejected God's grace and cannot come under his grace again.  So how does God's grace us apply to us now?

If you think that God's grace still applies to us Ex-Christians in any way, would you please show us the scripture where it says so?

Assuming your definition of grace is something other than the Biblical one, could you please tell us in as plain and simple terms what you think grace is?

Then, having given your definition of grace, could also explain, in equally plain and simple terms, why you think it applies to us?

Thanks,

BAA.

(Bump!)

Thanks,

BAA.

(Bump!)

Bump