Goodbye Jesus

Judaism And Crap Theology

seven77

I have posted what I believe is evidence. 

Yes, you have posted what you "believe" is evidence.  Let's inventory this "evidence":

1)  Biblical quotes and references;

2)  Numerous logical fallacies, including your favorite, the mere assertion;

3)  References to certain websites which contain (guess what) more Biblical quotes and references, more numerous logical fallacies and their favorite, more mere assertions; and

4)  Your beliefs and protestations of religious faith.

Where do I say I have my own brand of 'true christianity'?

Many of your posts drip with the implication that your view on Christianity is correct and others' views on Christianity are incorrect.

True Christianity is not a brand.

What is True Christianity, then?

Pilate said, “What is truth?”

I can only answer that question to myself.

Yes, you have posted what you "believe" is evidence.  Let's inventory this "evidence":

3)  References to certain websites which contain (guess what) more Biblical quotes and references, more numerous logical fallacies and their favorite, more mere assertions; and

Many of your posts drip with the implication that your view on Christianity is correct and others' views on Christianity are incorrect.

oh just shut up

Apparently, not you since you won't answer a simple thread - http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/64259-ironhorse-not-answered-your-questions-put-them-here-for-all-to-see/

Christian lurkers - see what kind of behavior this is? Disingenuous and dishonest. 

Which question can you only answer to yourself, Pilate's question or my question?

Which question can you only answer to yourself, Pilate's question or my question?

Pilate's

What is your question? I will try.

Pilate's

The question was : "What is True Christianity, then?"

Nope, sorry guys, can't do it.

The responses from this person are deliberately obtuse, deliberately dismissing and mocking. He is a troll. Whether that is deliberate or not doesn't matter anymore. I have heard enough. I fail to see any redeeming qualities I'm willing to spend my time and energy on, and the arguments are undigested, much less considered. I held out hoping it was just ignorance, or a lack of reading comprehension, but it's way beyond that.

I've seen the human side of End3…even though he can be obnoxious depending on mood, or what's going on in his personal life... but this one goes into the pile with OC and Thumby.

Have fun.. and I give you all a ton of credit for your patience and forbearance.

Yeah, I'm kind of done with IH too.

Pilate's

To me, it was accepting the truth.

Sooooooo....let me get this straight.

• I asked IH not to troll my thread several days ago.
  • He continues to troll my thread.
  • A few members are being baited by this insufferable wad of troll.
  • Trolling continues via evasive non-commentary and duck and dodge tactics.

Is that a correct rundown of events here?

Well, here is my reply:

Let us not be baited any longer. IH deserves not your attention UNTIL he answers the questions that BAA and others have compiled for him here:

LIST OF QUESTIONS IRONHORSE WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER ANSWER BECAUSE HE IS AN INSUFFERABLE CHRIST-TROLL

Good night, adios, until next time....

• Like 1

bullshit-meter-2.jpg

Pilate's

To me, it was accepting the truth.

According to you, "accepting the truth" is True Christianity™.  What you believe is the truth is True Christianity™.  Any beliefs, facts or ideas which contradict what you believe as the truth is therefore not True Christianity™, but must be something else.  In addition, you imply that True Christianity™ has a trademark, patent and copyright on truth.

I'll repeat what I've said before - you're narcissim is showing, despite all your attempts to disguise it.

I wonder if we should give a bit of power for thread stater to delete posts that he think not appopriate or troll post

Nope, sorry guys, can't do it.

The responses from this person are deliberately obtuse, deliberately dismissing and mocking. He is a troll. Whether that is deliberate or not doesn't matter anymore. I have heard enough. I fail to see any redeeming qualities I'm willing to spend my time and energy on, and the arguments are undigested, much less considered. I held out hoping it was just ignorance, or a lack of reading comprehension, but it's way beyond that.

I've seen the human side of End3…even though he can be obnoxious depending on mood, or what's going on in his personal life... but this one goes into the pile with OC and Thumby.

Have fun.. and I give you all a ton of credit for your patience and forbearance.

I wonder if the thread stater can have a bit more "power" to edit other people post in his own thread?

He must put his rule in the first post and can edit any post that are not following the rule lr troll post

That way the thread starter can have a proper discussion or receive help/answer for his/her problem/question

Dear Mods,

Please lock this thread. It had become clear to me that the discussions taking place here have nothing to do with the original topic of my OP. Ironhorse continues to troll this thread and I'm sick of it.

Thanks,

seven77

Dear Mods,

Please lock this thread. It had become clear to me that the discussions taking place here have nothing to do with the original topic of my OP. Ironhorse continues to troll this thread and I'm sick of it.

Thanks,

seven77

It's a shame that it had to come to this. I thought the topic was going to be an interesting one. Though I didn't know what to add to the discussion, I was hoping to see what others had to say about it.

It really is unfortunate that IH had to come and troll the thread by posting irrelevant content. I've come to realize that expecting better of him is irrational.

I gave up on IH some time ago.

I believe God has three expressions of being: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Three expressions of God, yet ONE.

It's a paradox. It's a bit of a mystery to me. I accept it by faith. It is taught in the scriptures.

Let "Us" make man in our image.

In the OT it was God the Father actively involved in the Jewish people and establishing a nation.

God did this to use humans to help in getting his message to the world.

In the NT God sent his son to compete this work and deliver the good news to all of God's love and plan to cure to ALL people ( by his sacrifice on the cross) this thing called sin ( errors, non-perfection, evil).

If one accepts the trinity, then it must be by faith.  There is no other way to accept it.  It makes no logical sense.  I know most Christians are okay with that.  They see a cool mystery in accepting things that are not logical.  That's fine if they wish to accept such things.  Just don't think that that type of thinking is representative of reality because it isn't.  If you acknowledge that you believe by faith and you want to keep living in your fantasy, that's fine by me.  Just don't go around spouting non-sense about it being objectively true, because it isn't.  Bend the definition of truth if you wish.  I choose to stick with a definition of truth that is demonstrable in reality.  It's the only type of truth that I can have any degree of certainty is actually real.   Anything that might exist beyond our capacity to comprehend, be it a god or not, is beyond comprehension (as I said).  If it is beyond comprehension, then we can't know that it is real.  Therefore, I will continue to live my life under the assumption that there is not god until it is proven otherwise.  I'm perfectly happy that way.  I am confident that if an all loving and powerful god exists, then I have nothing to fear.  No such being would punish me for using this logically constrained organ in my head to make the best sense of life I know how to.  If such a being does not exist, I still have nothing to fear.  I will live my life to the best of my ability, and when I die, I won't care anymore.  If there exists a god that would send me to hell or otherwise punish me, then it's all a crap shoot as to how to avoid that punishment.  Every religion and denomination of Christianity has varying beliefs about how to avoid postmortem punishment.  It's an impossible game and I refuse to play it.  I will live my life as honestly as I can and let come what may. 

As for the "let us make man..." bit being evidence of the trinity.  No, it is not!  Genesis one was written long long before the idea of the trinity was ever thought of.  The name for god in that passage is plural, likely because the whole creation story is based on older creation myths such as the Enuma Elish which were written by polytheists.  The original author of Genesis one was likely polytheistic.  Many of the OT stories show quite clearly that the ancient Hebrews were polytheistic.  Their religion actually seems to have branched off of the ancient Canaanite religion, given that all of the god's the Hebrews worshiped were all Canaanite gods (including El Elyon).  El (El Elyon, El Shadhai, Elohim)... These were all derivation names of the most high god of the Canaanites.  The Hebrews also worshiped Ba'al(s) and Ashera, also Canaanite gods.   The entire Abraham story is written in pagan fashion with pagan themes.  The archetypal god who comes to a chosen one in the form of a man and has dinner with him and makes him a promise is something that was not uncommon in pagan stories.  There is a very strong case that ancient Judaism was not a unique religion of divine revelation of the one true god.  It morphed from existing religions like all of the others, and Christianity did as well.  Much of modern Christian theology can be traced back to pagan roots.  The concept of Hell is a good example.  Death and resurrection of a hero savior is an old pagan motif, as well as the departure and return of a savior.  The ten commandments have extremely close parallels in the much older Egyptian Book of the Dead.  The global flood story is extremely similar to other, older pagan global flood stories even down to the detail of a dove being released and bringing back an olive branch.  Of course, you"ll just choose to believe that all of this proves that even pagans had knowledge of what god did.  But you don't get it.  Many other pagan religions had similar stories, and they attributed the events to their gods, not the god of the bible.  It's also awfully coincidental that the spread and propagation of these stories happens to coincide with the establishment of trade between the civilizations that wrote their varying versions, evidence that these cultures who wrote these stories influenced each other.  No reason to think that the spread of these stories was anything but another part of that influence.  Even if these stories were based on things that really happened, you have no better reason to believe that your god was behind them than the pagans had to believe their gods were behind them, not withstanding the fact that there is no rational reason to believe a god exists at all.   Many of these stories are older than the biblical accounts.  This makes it extremely likely that the bible stories are simply Jewish adaptations of the pagan stories.  

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Locked at the request of the OP.