Goodbye Jesus

“Duck Dynasty” Star’S Atheist-Conversion Scheme Involves A Nicolas Cage Movie About The Rapture

SilentLoner

“Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson has a new tactic to changing the minds of non-believers: Nicolas Cages’s new movie “Left Behind.”

Robertson stars in a promotional video urging Christians to take their non-believing friends and family to see the flick, which is based on a popular end times book-series.

“Like most Christians, my family and I can truly say that we’re excited about the soon return of Jesus,” Robertson says in the video. “And I’m sure, if you’ve been watching the news lately, you know that that return could be any day from now.”

“But what about those who may not even know about it?” Robertson worries. “People who don’t even know what’s at stake?”

Take then to see this film, and naturally they’ll convert and be a-OK.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/05/duck_dynasty_stars_anti_atheist_scheme_involves_a_nicolas_cage_movie_about_the_rapture/

Yes...I'm sure Nicholas Cage of all people will save our lost souls :lol:

Ever since 'Drive Angry', I'm positive Nicholas Cage is going to hell.

• Like 1

i thot nicholas cage would go to hell for Ghost Rider.... double the hell punishment for a terrible sequel

I can't help but admire Nicholas Cage.  He's made a spectacular career of absolute shit movies.  And he's laughing all the way to the bank.  I'd love to make an ass of myself for millions of dollars.

• Like 2

Throw in a rifftrax to it and I'll gladly go see it.

From what I've heard, Nicholas Cage is taking any movie role he can get right now. Something about purchasing a few too many expensive old European castles, and now he is having serious financial troubles. 

From watching the news, we can discern that the glorious return of Kryasst from the Sky Kingdom to kick the Talking Snake's ass once and for all could come at any day now? Give me a fucking break... Jesus is a myth and he is obviously never coming back. And Christians have been trying to fit their current events into biblical mythology for centuries. It has never worked, and it never will! Glory!

Does Nick Cage put on special glasses and find the magic spell for the Rapture written on the back of the original bible that he learns is stored under the Pope's hat?

mwc

Does Nick Cage put on special glasses and find the magic spell for the Rapture written on the back of the original bible that he learns is stored under the Pope's hat?

mwc

*blank stare*

*blank mutherfucking stare*

*blank stare*

National Treasure?

lenses-2.jpg

S-nt110.jpg

It's not the exact same story but it's not supposed to be.  It's biblical end times so we need magic spells and the Pope to make it legit.

mwc

I have never seen the end times movie, and have only the vaguest concept of "Duck Dynasty".  However, I do recall a Simpsons episode about the rapture.  I think that should be recommended viewing for all Christians.

Nothing will pierce the hearts of hard boiled skeptics like the star of National Treasure in an adaptation of a series by Tim LaHaye, author of Late Great Planet Earth!!

*blank stare*

National Treasure?

lenses-2.jpg

S-nt110.jpg

It's not the exact same story but it's not supposed to be. It's biblical end times so we need magic spells and the Pope to make it legit.

mwc

I knew what comparison you were making. I actually thought it was funny.

It was a sarcastic blank stare followed with a "Really?!?" and 1 raised eyebrow.

:-)

I love that Netflix files the original Lost Behind series with Kirk Cameron under "Science Fiction".

It was a sarcastic blank stare followed with a "Really?!?" and 1 raised eyebrow.

:-)

I knew what comparison you were making. I actually thought it was funny.

Oh.  Well, now you have pictures too. ;)

mwc