Goodbye Jesus

Any Ex-pentecostalist From Greece?

Guest vpas

Hello

I am trying to de-program my brother out of this horrible organization and I really need the help

and experience of a third person who has been freed of pentecostalism and is from Greece

or Athens the better

email pasv@in.gr

How can we help? I don't know if anyone here is from Greece, but let us know what kind of help you need and we will see what we can do.

VPas, I'm sorry but I have to merge the topics. If you start getting replies on all of them, it will be hard for both us and for you to keep track of where you got the "good" answers etc, and where we should post our responses too. I just have to figure out which section is best suited to keep it in...

Hello

I am trying to de-program my brother out of this horrible organization and I really need the help

and experience of a third person who has been freed of pentecostalism and is from Greece

or Athens the better

email pasv@in.gr

Vpas, I've been around here for a while and I don't recall ever hearing from anyone who is from Greece or Athens. However, if you would care to give us some details as to exactly what is going on with your brother and why it is so important to you to do this, we may be able to help.

Even if we can't help, you will at least get a better understanding of how that "horrible organization" works.

How can we help? I don't know if anyone here is from Greece, but let us know what kind of help you need and we will see what we can do.

I have gathered a huge amount of evidence (in the english language) from the internet in the last 7 months that

really helped me de-program myself .

My brother on the other hand (that has been made fanatic with rapture,eternal life,holy ghost etc.) doesn't know the english language well enough and has

difficulty reading it. a greek person that has been through and out of the fundamenstalists

would be a great help if he shared with my brother his experience

pentecostalists here in greece are a bad nuisance as they have a radio station that emits

24/7 and their preachings make me brain-sick.

I really need to see my brother out of this organization so that I can put behind me all the awful memories because I can take it anymore.

You can always take him a different church that is not so extreme.

I have gathered a huge amount of evidence (in the english language) from the internet in the last 7 months that

really helped me de-program myself .

My brother on the other hand (that has been made fanatic with rapture,eternal life,holy ghost etc.) doesn't know the english language well enough and has

difficulty reading it. a greek person that has been through and out of the fundamenstalists

would be a great help if he shared with my brother his experience

pentecostalists here in greece are a bad nuisance as they have a radio station that emits

24/7 and their preachings make me brain-sick.

I really need to see my brother out of this organization so that I can put behind me all the awful memories because I can take it anymore.

So what you need is either a person who speaks Greek to talk to/email your brother about what Pentecostalism is really all about, or information against Pentecostalism printed in Greek. Unfortunately, I don't have info on either of these choices.

I think Pritshd has a good idea. If your brother wants to be a Christian, find a more mild church. Also, I've heard that the Greek Orthodox Church is against the actions of the Pentecostals in Greece; can you find a Greek Orthodox priest to talk to your brother about what's wrong with Pentecostalism? Hopefully, your brother would consider listening to the priest in the first place. Or the Orthodox church might have books/pamphlets available on this subject. And if your brother isn't interested in the Orthodox faith, that's OK too, as just the anti-pentecostal information may be enough to turn him from whatever organization he is in now.

Another thought: Is there any translation services available on the internet? Vpas could use it to translate some of the information he used to deprogram himself, and pass it on to his brother.

*edit*

Found this translation site. http://freetranslation.paralink.com/#

Yes, the Pentecostals come into countries like Greece, Serbia, Russia, Egypt, Macedonia, etc. to convert the already-Christian people to their Christianity. Because, you see, the Orthodox Churches are just the Eastern versions of the Catholic Church, and since the Catholic Church is a Satan-worshipping hell-bound heresy organization, the Eastern Churches must be as well. Thus, their souls need saving.

If I were you, I would simply take him to a regular Greek Orthodox Church. It's a good organization, and obviously isn't as extreme as the holy rollers.

*Embarrassed for once being Pentecostal*

I don't know of anything that could help, but I hope you can get him out of it...

Devout Pentecostals can be creepy.