Goodbye Jesus

Love Animals Like Crazy But I Eat Them Too...

Guest sweetcakes

Hello everyone! biggrin.png 

I'm going to start off by saying that if anyone on here, regardless if you're not a member of this site or you are a member, I in no way want you to feel anything. It's okay for if you love animals like myself and you decide you want to eat them. I am not the judge of what you decide to do. 

If you eat animals = cool

You don't eat animals = cool 

Recently I've been doing some thinking about how I love animals like crazy yet I eat them. On top of that, I love food. I love trying new types of food. Whether if the dish involves meat or it doesn't. When I think about this, it does bother me, makes me feel like a hypocrite. When you've seen those videos on YouTube when it shows slaughterhouses, how people abuse the animals first and then go about their way killing the creature. ( I know I said I am not the judge of what people decide to do with their life ) but...I don't know how one can be like "I think I'm going to work at a slaughterhouse!!" I don't understand how people can use look the animal in the eye and just kill it. I just can't comprehend it at all...

I've been thinking about changing the lifestyle and going vegetarian. I have my doubts about it though, like I said earlier, I am a lover of food, I have a bucket list of foods that I need to try in my head. My biggest concern is that what if I do decide to go down that route and say a few months in or years I mess up by eating meat, poultry, fish or seafood then all of that goes down the toilet, that's what I don't want to happen, that's what I'm worried about. However, I did learn after doing a bit of research that for vegetarians there is groups. huh.png

Semi-Vegetarian:

This group consumes dairy products, eggs, chicken and fish. 

Ovo-Vegetarian: 

Someone who would be a vegan if they don't consume eggs 

Lacto-Vegetarian: 

Someone who would be vegan if they don't consume milk

I still have more research to do on vegetarian and also vegan. I don't want this becoming a novel or anything. I just don't really like it much how love animals but I eat them. As I said earlier makes me feel like a hypocrite, thinking about going vegetarian and probably even going vegan instead ( as I said more research needs to be done ) I just have my worries of messing up and did I mention that I love food?

My reasons of doing so just because of animals and also pollution that it has on the environment ( more research has to be done ) 

Thanks for reading and have a good day/night for wherever you live. smile.png <3 

Look at it this way. You eating beef is keeping the bovine race alive. Without us consuming them we would need to kill all of them or they would consume needed resources that we could not let them have if we did not eat them and they just stood around all day looking cow like. Dairy is different but why keep millions of head of steer around just to look at? My guess is chickens and pigs would also have to go if we didn't eat them. As it stands these species exist because we domesticated them for use. they would have been extinct long ago if they were just here to look at. Just like the millions of other species now gone from the planet never to return during our stay here. Well until they bring back the mammoth to kill us all :)

Look at it this way. You eating beef is keeping the bovine race alive. Without us consuming them we would need to kill all of them or they would consume needed resources that we could not let them have if we did not eat them and they just stood around all day looking cow like. Dairy is different but why keep millions of head of steer around just to look at? My guess is chickens and pigs would also have to go if we didn't eat them. As it stands these species exist because we domesticated them for use. they would have been extinct long ago if they were just here to look at. Just like the millions of other species now gone from the planet never to return during our stay here. Well until they bring back the mammoth to kill us all smile.png

While this might be a point you forget all the animals that went and still go extinct due to all the rain forrest cutting to gain land in order to grow crops to feed the factory farmed animals so people can eat non expansive meat every day. If loosing animals and plants who actually produce air and other elements for this planet to survive in order to preserve a species that would have gone extinct if it would not have been farmed...

Look at it this way. You eating beef is keeping the bovine race alive. Without us consuming them we would need to kill all of them or they would consume needed resources that we could not let them have if we did not eat them and they just stood around all day looking cow like. Dairy is different but why keep millions of head of steer around just to look at? My guess is chickens and pigs would also have to go if we didn't eat them. As it stands these species exist because we domesticated them for use. they would have been extinct long ago if they were just here to look at. Just like the millions of other species now gone from the planet never to return during our stay here. Well until they bring back the mammoth to kill us all smile.png

While this might be a point you forget all the animals that went and still go extinct due to all the rain forrest cutting to gain land in order to grow crops to feed the factory farmed animals so people can eat non expansive meat every day. If loosing animals and plants who actually produce air and other elements for this planet to survive in order to preserve a species that would have gone extinct if it would not have been farmed...

most of those rain forests are being cut down for more farm land. now they are probably farming feed for animals but lets face it those trees are more important than the animals or the vegetables that we might grow. The air is the most important resource we have period. Without it there is not end game. or rather it ends the game.

So maybe the farm land and the cows should just go. If it was the difference between clean air and eating red meat (which i mostly eat turkey) I would say kill all the cattle and stop using that land for feed. I would do it in a second for air. I think we both know that is a naive outlook and not the way to solve the issue based on our current world.

the planet warming is going to cause farm more extinction than anything else mankind has ever seen in our current evolution.

Would be nice to see the coral survive. I would gladly give up cows for coral as well.

• Like 1

Do you strict vegetarian animal lovers believe in spraying your house for roaches or termites?  If so, why is killing one animal ok and not another?  What is the dividing line? 

Do you strict vegetarian animal lovers believe in spraying your house for roaches or termites?  If so, why is killing one animal ok and not another?  What is the dividing line? 

This is a good question. Roaches and bugs serve a greater purpose here than a lot of other organisms. As they say they will probably be here after our kind is long gone.

Roaches contribute to human diseases.  So it's a no brainer for me, they've got to go.  Cows don't need to be bred for milk production for human consumption.  We do that because we like consuming and making money from dairy products.  If cows were looked after better I would feel more like contributing to the demand for their products.

• Like 2

So pretty much the dividing line is if you like the animal or not?  And try not to focus on the peta propaganda too much.  Remember a content cow produces more milk and a more tender beef.  The vast majority are treated well. 

So pretty much the dividing line is if you like the animal or not?  And try not to focus on the peta propaganda too much.  Remember a content cow produces more milk and a more tender beef.  The vast majority are treated well. 

Peta is BS. I hate their campaigns. Now obviously you have no clue what modern animal farming looks like. I don't really care if you like to eat meat and other animal products or not...but at least be honest about it. That's all.

For your question about roaches or termites...and just for the record, I am not a strict vegan animal lover, my decision to go vegan was mainly health motivated and the aspects of animals and environment where secondary even though I consider them as important...now again for your question, that is exactly why I never mention my food choices unless someone asks me or I might give someone some insight from my experience like in this thread. People come up with all kinds of stupid to somehow proof you are wrong or whatever. What's your point? Everyone draws the line where he feels it needs to be drawn. If you want to save roaches, go ahead. If you want to eat your cat, who cares? Do what you feel good about. Unless you start to eat humans...

Of course everyone needs to draw their own line moana, were in my posts have I advocated that my opinion should be adopted by anyone?  I merely asked how strict vegans draw theirs and what logic they use to come to that conclusion.  If it is just that they like fluffy animals I would accept that.  Why the umbrage with the question?   You mention I do not know what modern animal farming  looks like, how do you come to such a specious conclusion?  For example the subject was cows, where I live the cows live on open range in places humans flock to for their vacations.  They spend all day munching to their hearts content. I also live amongst many dairies where the cows are contained but also babied because as I stated a content cow produces more milk.  The modern farmer goes to great lengths to keep their herds calm and docile.  Try not to get emotional.