Goodbye Jesus

Muslim Thinking

Castiel233

I was reading on a Muslim site, how Islam forbids gambling and therefore Muslims should not play the lottery. However……..

The author stated that Allah knows everything in advance, knows if you are going to win or not, yet Muslims still have the free will to play or not.

Nice to see woolly thinking is not just confined to out Christian brethren, some of whom (I’m looking at you William lane Craig) also believe in free will in a deterministic “god knows all in advance” universe 

Craig is a big promoter of the medieval Muslim Kalam argument.

To add:

Didn't Craig claim that non primate animals do not feel pain

• Super Moderator

Muslim Thinking - oxymoron.

I don't comprehend how you have free will, but God/Allah/Zeus/FlyingSpeghetti monster knows what you are going to do anyway.  It He knows what you are going to do anyway doesn't that mean we really don't have free will, but predestined to act a certain way to script.  

I mean, if we are predestined to do something than that means we don't have free will.  We are no different than characters in a book.

Could someone please explain to me how free will and predestination can exist at the same time? They seem contradictory by definition.

I was reading on a Muslim site, how Islam forbids gambling and therefore Muslims should not play the lottery. However……..

The author stated that Allah knows everything in advance, knows if you are going to win or not, yet Muslims still have the free will to play or not.

Nice to see woolly thinking is not just confined to out Christian brethren, some of whom (I’m looking at you William lane Craig) also believe in free will in a deterministic “god knows all in advance” universe 

Hey they are basically worshiping the same "god" the difference is how they come to him and who they hate... I see it all as the same problem for the world.

I say play the lottery and yeah...

Do you think people that tithe and play the lottery give god his % if they win?

I don't comprehend how you have free will, but God/Allah/Zeus/FlyingSpeghetti monster knows what you are going to do anyway.  It He knows what you are going to do anyway doesn't that mean we really don't have free will, but predestined to act a certain way to script.  

I mean, if we are predestined to do something than that means we don't have free will.  We are no different than characters in a book.

Could someone please explain to me how free will and predestination can exist at the same time? They seem contradictory by definition.

There is no explanation other than: they cannot.

You cannot both know it all turns out and still make your own choices.

The future is dynamic not static.

you have to be willfully ignorant or insane to believe in both at the same time.

Muslim Thinking - oxymoron.

religious thinking - oxymoron

i fixed it for you :)

It depends on what one means by "predestined." If one means that it's predetermined by God, then obviously the person could not have had a choice. If one takes it to mean merely that God knows in advance what one will freely choose, then it actually doesn't make it not a choice. Of course, from a practical standpoint, it would be impossible to know in advance what someone else will freely choose, but why get bogged down with logic when one just wants to reconcile all the woo in the buybull?