Goodbye Jesus

Street Preachers In The Cold

Lautermilich

It does get cold in Miami when very strong fronts pass through. We had frost this night. The street preachers were out and about despite the cold.

55001393.jpg

55001395.jpg

55001398.jpg

55001396.jpg

I altered these pics of Christians out protesting Gay Pride parade somewhere in Michigan.

dashstones.jpg

bullshit.jpg

I wonder if these folks have any clue just how insane their beliefs are? :twitch:

I would ask you to define cold. Seems a bit different from the definition of cold up here, from the photographs. Have to appreciate their dedication, though.

I would ask you to define cold. Seems a bit different from the definition of cold up here, from the photographs.

No shit. I'm sitting in my office wrapped in my bathrobe with the floor heater cranking. It's more than -30 outside and has been all week. I'm getting serious cabin fever.

I would ask you to define cold. Seems a bit different from the definition of cold up here, from the photographs. Have to appreciate their dedication, though.

The temprature in Miami rearly goes below 70. Today it should be 80 so when it drops to the mid 50s it is quite a change. Most homes do not have heaters. Many of the northern transplants love it as it gives them a chance to wear things they have not worn in a long time.

Cold: closing the windows in the morning so you're not uncomfortable when you step out of the shower.

I know our "cold" sounds pathetic to those who get that flakey white stuff everywhere... but you should see our definition of "wet and windy." ;)

Point on the hurricanes. Still, 50's sounds like a heat-wave to me. (or at least T-shirt weather).

Point on the hurricanes. Still, 50's sounds like a heat-wave to me. (or at least T-shirt weather).

In my neck of the woods, that's a balmy spring day! :lmao:

Here are Quebec's definition of cold...

Mild : 10oC(52F), comfortable, but a bit chilly

Chilly : 0oC(32F) Coats come out of the closet

Cold : About -15oC (0F), when you start to really layer up to keep warm. Above that I'm okay with a wind coat and a polar underneath.

Very Cold : -25oC (-18F) Gloves are a must and masks, a good idea.

FROZEN HELL : -30oC(-28F) + wind + humidity, it feels like -45oC(-50F) Don't stay outside longer than 10 mins, or your eyes almost freeze. We got that about every winter for the past 2 years and I had to stand 45 mins in one of those waiting for a ride, it's truly hell!

I was raised in an area that actually had seasons, though it never really got cold (typical highs in the 20s to 30s F). Now I find myself in Southwest Louisiana where they only have 2 seasons. There's the three month season that I call, its hot (typical highs in upper 50s/lower 60s). And then there's the 9 month season I call, OMG its hot (typical highs in the upper 90s with heat index well above 100).

Thing is where I grew up had similar highs in the summer, but you could count on temps coming down in 3 months tops. I'd do just about anything to get seasons again.

Heh. I guess the Pac NW has really only two seasons: Wet and Damp.

I don't think I've ever seen the temp drop lower than the 20's F in winter. It's hit 100 F only a few times in the summer, mostly within the last 10 years. Usually summer temps are in the mid to upper 70s.

A typical weather report for Seattle goes as follows: "Partly cloudy with chance of showers, highs in the mid- to upper 50's, lows in the mid-40's, winds from the SSE at 15 mph, small craft advisory in the Sound."

It doesn't get that cold around here. Mostly just wet.

Heh. I guess the Pac NW has really only two seasons: Wet and Damp.

I don't think I've ever seen the temp drop lower than the 20's F in winter. It's hit 100 F only a few times in the summer, mostly within the last 10 years. Usually summer temps are in the mid to upper 70s.

A typical weather report for Seattle goes as follows: "Partly cloudy with chance of showers, highs in the mid- to upper 50's, lows in the mid-40's, winds from the SSE at 15 mph, small craft advisory in the Sound."

It doesn't get that cold around here. Mostly just wet.

Increase the temps by 5 degrees, and change "Sound" to "Bay" and you have San Francisco.