Goodbye Jesus

Examples Of Christian Warped Thinking

Castiel233

While still going through my deconversion process, I can still hear the words....you are being deceived by Satan, repent. My brainwashing over many years is so entrenched, yet I know that what I was taught is all lies. I am loving what all of you wrote here because it helps me to reaffirm what I am all about at this point in time. I am free of it all!

While still going through my deconversion process, I can still hear the words....you are being deceived by Satan, repent. My brainwashing over many years is so entrenched, yet I know that what I was taught is all lies. I am loving what all of you wrote here because it helps me to reaffirm what I am all about at this point in time. I am free of it all!

Recognizing the influence of that indoctrination, in real time while it is happening, is a very healthy sign.

I totally understand what you're saying, Woodsy. It's not fun at all.

I totally understand what you're saying, Woodsy. It's not fun at all.

Welcome, FW. It's good that you are here. No, it's not fun going through a deconversion, but it is hopeful. Learn all you can, do research and find your truth. Stay connected here. There are lots of knowledgeable encouragers on this site. They have helped me immensely and they can help you, too.

I wish you peace.

Thanks, Woodsy.

Maybe sometime I'll try to formulate my story together, but it doesn't help that your mind automatically starts to tell you that "you're being melodramatic" when thinking through your personal history.

Guest Furball

Jesus loves you. The bible clearly says he doesn't. Not sure where they got that one.

God loves you just the way you are. Yeah that's why all the hell stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

You survive a car crash- God has held you in His warm and loving embrace and sustained your life

You are killed in a car crash-God has called you home because he loves you

Mine is more some warped things I've encountered than just little sayings...

I met a girl who was forced to marry her rapist. She went on a date with this boy and he raped her. She told her parents about it instead of calling the police. Since she and he both belonged to the same church, they decided to let the church elders decide how to handle it. It was decided that they must get married now to forgive this sin. (She was dressing sexy for her date which caused this rape. So she's at fault too.) They stayed married about 10 years before before she got a divorce. I think she quit the church at the same time too.

I also met girl who was a very devout Christian. She claimed her biggest fault was shown to her by God and it was that she was too helpful and kind. Upon hearing me talking to someone else she felt the need to interject into my conversation to scream in my face because I said I went to New Orleans after Katrina. I was saying that I went they much after the event, but she misheard me and thought I went to help the victims. So she got up in my face irate. Yelling that "THOSE PEOPLE got everything they deserve! There should be no pity and no mercy for them! It's better if they'd died! They deserve no help!" (on and on) And furthermore I am going against God's will by helping them and that it's a blasphemy against God to help victims that he's been smiting.

So basically she thought that hurricanes and earthquakes are sent by God to punish sinners. And if you go help anyone who has been in a natural disaster you are defying God's will and are also sinning.

She also warned that if she ever hears anyone around her say a curse word, "I will tell you in your face that your word is trash and you are trash are trash for using it. You should be thrown in the garbage where you belong. I have no respect at all for anyone that cusses. If I hear any curse word you lose all respect with me forever."

Her great revelation from God was that she's "too kind and helpful." I felt like I had to be very careful around this girl because you never know what might set her off.

... Honestly, I'd just swear at her to set her off...

... Honestly, I'd just swear at her to set her off...

If only I wasn't stuck with interacting with her every day all day at the time... Looking back, I wish I had on the last day.

Guest Furball

You should be thrown in the garbage where you belong. I have no respect at all for anyone that cusses. If I hear any curse word you lose all respect with me forever."

So much for patience and compassion. Typical christian thinking they are god's special little child while the rest of us are the "real" problem. As far as being thrown in the garbage, that is probably one of the worst statements I have heard a human being make, let alone a christian. I see though that she has been studying her bible, god enjoys throwing humans in his eternal trash of hell and has -0- compassion and tolerance for humans as well. She must be a true follower of that sky murderer. -yuck