Goodbye Jesus

How Are We Going To Stop Them?

The Sage Nabooru

As human beings we should be aware of our fellow living beings. Christianity is working its hardest to spread its hateful seed of prejudice and intolerance across the Asian world - it's all too apparent now. And if we have any concern for our fellow living beings, we've got to do something to stop them.

Are there any anti-missionary organizations that we can donate our time and money to? If not, then we need to devise a way to create one that will draw a considerable following. We need to stop being afraid of Christians and be willing to stand up to their attacks for the better of humanity.

As I read more and more reports of the vicious tactics Christians will use to gain converts in Asia (especially in tsunami- and war-hit areas - disgusting to put it lightly) it's time we stop sitting back and letting it happen.

Does anyone have any ideas?

As I read more and more reports of the vicious tactics Christians will use to gain converts in Asia (especially in tsunami- and war-hit areas - disgusting to put it lightly) it's time we stop sitting back and letting it happen.

Christians are opportunists, no doubt. If their efforts were purely humanitarian (i.e. help with food, clothing, etc., without handing out tracts or trying to convert people) I would not have any problem. But, it's the whole idea of taking advantage of people and trying to convert them when they are most vulnerable that I don't like. I just hope they don't refuse to help people unless they convert. I don't know what the answer is, unless proselytizing is outlawed.

Are there any anti-missionary organizations that we can donate our time and money to? If not, then we need to devise a way to create one that will draw a considerable following. We need to stop being afraid of Christians and be willing to stand up to their attacks for the better of humanity.

Well you can always donate money to Jewish counter missionary sites.

I wouldn't worry too much. Evangelical christians first has the challenge to deal within the christian world.

The second hurdle are other high growth religion is Mormonism, Islam and New Age. So far these 3 are there, christianity has a lot to put up with.

Christians are opportunists, no doubt. If their efforts were purely humanitarian (i.e. help with food, clothing, etc., without handing out tracts or trying to convert people) I would not have any problem. But, it's the whole idea of taking advantage of people and trying to convert them when they are most vulnerable that I don't like. I just hope they don't refuse to help people unless they convert. I don't know what the answer is, unless proselytizing is outlawed.

Personally I don't have a problem with that either. In some cases it is better that people convert to christianity or Islam, eg in the case of low caste hindus. In some cases, their self esteem and position in society had actually improved after their conversion.

However on the other hand they are still prone to danger from hindu fundamentalist.

My thought is that the concept of God or gods is so ingraned in the human psyche that until we develop an artificial replacement that is actually worthy of a religious type connection, it is generally futile to try to convince any meaningful group of people to adopt rationalism. The poorer and less educated the target audience, the less likely it would seem that any impact could be made at all. To be honest, I recently saw a statistic that showed those who have faith are happier and live longer than those who do not so until we really have an alternative to offer them, maybe prosyletism is the lesser of the evils?

Guest zarathustra

[

Does anyone have any ideas?

Get invovled with groups already out there. Giving money to CISCOP, the publishers of Free Inquiry and Skepitcal Inquirer, may help. Last year I ordered 10 gift subsription for libraries in conservative areas hoping that someone might be influenced by them. They also publish their magazine in several languages.

Also, they can put you in touch with campus groups. You might be able to find volunteers there to do some activist work (for example helping put ogether tracts on christianity which can be spread around campus. I realize this more domestically targeted, but I am not aware of any large scale international groups.

There are other organizations they are around that you can easily find on the web, including this one.

I also no longer vote republican- the party is driven by the evengelical agenda.

You certainly hit the nail on the head. Non-believers need to be more active and visible in educating the public about religion. We need to marshall our ideas and forces. To that end, here is my first attempt at a counterattack:

Let's purchase some evengelical e-mail mailing lists and send this site's Jesus Quiz under the stealth heading "Do you know Jesus?" Any devout believer would almost certainly be tempted to test her or his own knowledge. In the process they would be confronted not only with the theretofor unrealized contradictions in their bible, but they would realize the ignorance of their own knowledge. I'm willing to put up some money for the list if the site administrator will let us use the Quiz.

If you think my idea sucks, please let me know. If you like it and want to take ACTION, let arrange something through this site.

Anybody else with good ideas, please post.

I'm not atheist, and I don't want to promote a specifically anti-spiritual or anti-theist agenda.

But, we need to develop an idea to destroy a movement that is out to destroy culture, individuality, tolerance, freedom, and self-determination throughout the world. Let's look at it this way: technically, a Nazi has the right to belief what he wants, but I will stop at nothing to stop his spreading his message to convert others to his way of thinking.

As for low-caste Hindus, they are in a sorry position. I really don't know what to do about it, either, because ultimately I do respect Hinduism because it doesn't proselytize, and it does preach practices such as ahimsa and that all paths lead to God. And obviously it doesn't have a problem with sexuality! I sometimes wonder if Hindus are just trying to stop the destruction of their own Indian culture, which Christianity and Westernization is eager to burn down. But then again I can't support practices such as sacrifices for Kali, even though they are few and far between. I still have mixed feelings for it.

But do we really want this to go on? These photos are just from South Korea alone - where the staunchly pro-Christian government rarely, if ever, takes actions to apprehend those responsible:

wonmyon2.gif

wonmyon1.gif

statues1.gif

Yeah, there are cool things about Hinduism...

And then the low-caste and high-caste Hindus go at each other with machetes and machine guns...

and the Hindus and muslims go at each other with machetes and machine guns...

Hinduism would be a lot cooler if everyone thought of it as merely an instructive mythology.

Hinduism would be a lot cooler if everyone thought of it as merely an instructive mythology.

You mean like Tao Buddhism? Buddha himself believed that one should question, and do so boldly.

As for low-caste Hindus, they are in a sorry position. I really don't know what to do about it, either, because ultimately I do respect Hinduism because it doesn't proselytize,

Well that's because it is closed system. I find it quite close to judaism, ie some people are chosen and have inherited from birth some special status.

and it does preach practices such as ahimsa and that all paths lead to God.

Yeah but if you read the gita it says you should also not change your current path.

But it does teach one of the worst form of slavery ie the caste system. And you have idea about the hindu obsession of obtaining the son.

Freak people are killing of baby girls just because they feel that they must have son so that he carries on the clan name.

doesn't have a problem with sexuality!

Oh really, then why do hindu fundamentalist throw acid on girls who want to wear jeans? Sexuality is kept hush - hush subject in hindu society

and obviously it I sometimes wonder if Hindus are just trying to stop the destruction of their own Indian culture, which Christianity and Westernization is eager to burn down.

You know I really don't mind the change, so far they learn good things from the western world, and not the bad things. But change is inevitable and is essential for survival.

But then again I can't support practices such as sacrifices for Kali, even though they are few and far between. I still have mixed feelings for it.

Those things are quite rare and illegal

Check out this great article. It's kind of long, but it exposes the bullshit of hinduism

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/the...ism/index.shtml

Yeah, I'd like to point out that hinduism isn't all roses, and taken to an extreme is every bit as bad as the christcult. Most systems are, if not all (hell, most Linux extremeists are more annoying than the most rabid fundie Xtian I've ran into, and I like Linux no less...), terrible if taken too far. Perhaps radical moderation is in order?

Well, Hinduism didn't have a problem with sexuality, until the British took over. You know the cholis and petticoats that women wear with their saris now? Well, they weren't worn before the Brits came along and found saris to be dreadfully lacking in modesty. They even banned the traditional dancers from their temple dances, which had been performed for thousands of years, due to those dances being ghastly "sensual". It was the clean Victorican gents who drove the Kama Sutra underground.

Like I said, I still have mixed feelings on Hinduism. I feel there is no excuse for the caste system, none whatsoever, but I still feel that there are other major tenets of the religion that are very admirable. I don't declare something as wicked and world-threatening just because it is a religion.