Goodbye Jesus

Being A Women Automatically Makes You A Worse Person.

LimitedEdition

I naturally found the traditional view in older churches however those churches that were more evangelical there was often a weird view that women were somehow better than men ie they were cleverer,wiser,less sinful etc.charismatic healing para church orgs were very big on this.perhaps it was to counter the traditional view and redress the pain women had experienced.

On a personal side when I left my ex wife the church very strongly sided with her and we're utterly blinkered as to why I'd leave this sweet "wee woman" which was a persona she played very well.however it help nudge me out the church finally as they steadfastly refused to even consider I had reasons to leave her ie her lying and gas-lighting attempts to make me think I was losing my sanity.

I see about the land inheritance, that does make sense. I had a bit of a breakthrough today - and I'm very glad for it. It's too embarrassing to post right now, so maybe later. But I do think that I have been left with a bit of bigotry toward men - at least a mistrust of them. I'm very sorry, I do know better but it may take some time to make the feelings match the mind. 

I see about the land inheritance, that does make sense. I had a bit of a breakthrough today - and I'm very glad for it. It's too embarrassing to post right now, so maybe later. But I do think that I have been left with a bit of bigotry toward men - at least a mistrust of them. I'm very sorry, I do know better but it may take some time to make the feelings match the mind. 

We all have bigotry of some kind because that is how the human brain evolved.  The trick is to identify our own bias so we can learn to get past it.

it may take some time to make the feelings match the mind. 

Yeah, word, don't it though, sista!

The way I've heard it, "men and women are equal, but they both have different roles."

Needless to say, the "role" of leadership falls to the man.

• Like 1

...because... well because reasons. :Hmm:

FarflungWanderer: I got so sick of hearing that cop-out malarkey. They trick themselves into believing they're progressive (though they'd never call themselves that. It's too liberal.).

FarflungWanderer: I got so sick of hearing that cop-out malarkey. They trick themselves into believing they're progressive (though they'd never call themselves that. It's too liberal.).

Far more accurate than you'd think...

.. as far as I can tell watching it all from Germany, the misogynists in the US seem to act more over-the-top batshit insane with every day. Quite the same as the political rightards. And I've seen it said that statistics show that rightardism is actually dying out slowly but steadily, that the shrill rightards are really crying as loud as they do because they're increasingly desperate.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was the same with those misogynists? Just sayin'... silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

A couple of elections ago we had some whackos who wanted to debate fake vs. real rape and use unnecessary and invasive medical procedures as a deterrent for getting abortions.  They all did terrible at the poll.  If it wasn't for our Religious Right's home schooling blitz over the last decade the Republican Party would be completely dead right now.  However I do believe they are getting the message.  Anti-women legislation and rhetoric are political suicide.

as they should be. No politician that thinks that anti-human (since that is really what anti-women legislation is, it hurts us all as humans) and rhetorical politics are good and think it should work should ever get elected. In fact they probably should not even have the venue of running for office to spew their hate.