Goodbye Jesus

Stamp On Satan

themonkeyman

If Jesus crushed Satan's head what what was the effect e.g was it supposed to destroy him.

Surely Satan is more alive today than ever so Jesus didn't obviously do a good enough job.

Also if Jesus had an encounter with Satan why not vanish him out of existence considering Satan would fuck up gods future plan.

How do we know Satan did not possess Jesus what Jesus said and done outright contradicted the OT so there has to be something fucked occuring

• Like 1

Why didn't Frodo and Sam simply ride the Eagles all the way to Mt. Doom in the first place?

• Like 3

Jesus didn't need Satan to fuck him up, he already was fucked up. 

Guest Furball

another good point monkeyman. if jesus defeated satan at the cross, why is he still around? (disclaimer:it's all fiction, i am just saying for the sake of the argument)

if jesus defeated satan at the cross why are priests and others still performing exorcisms? -boo to you jesus

epic+fail.jpg

Ur so right Jesus death give. The state of the world raises serious questions about his plan for salvation.

• Like 1

Why didn't God skip the whole Garden of Eden, Fall, Calvary and even the creation of Earth?  God had to know it wasn't going to

work out well for most people.  Why not skip all that and create us already in heaven with a perfect happiness for all eternity?

Why didn't God skip the whole Garden of Eden, Fall, Calvary and even the creation of Earth?  God had to know it wasn't going to

work out well for most people.  Why not skip all that and create us already in heaven with a perfect happiness for all eternity?

Or better yet, since god foreknows who will be in heaven and who won't, why didn't he just create ONLY the saved?

Leaving the damned as unexpressed thoughts that only ever existed in his mind?

No need for sin, for disease, for death and for hell...!

• Like 1

Why didn't Frodo and Sam simply ride the Eagles all the way to Mt. Doom in the first place?

Why didn't the Empire just blow up the planet *between* the Death Star and the rebel base, instead of slowly moving around the planet and only blowing up the rebel base?

Guest Furball

because then the story would make sense, also how is god going to get the glory for his attributes of justice and grace?

It's good to ask these kinds of questions, I think. If you had unlimited power and knowledge, could do anything you wished, answerable to no one--is this the kind of world you would have created? If you had the power to zap the devil to a cinder right now (supposing he exists), would you do it? If you had the ability to keep any more children from ever starving to death, would you exercise it? Why does it seem like a human being with even moderate compassion for fellow humans would behave better than the bible's conception of god?

I told a friend of mine (one of the few people in my life that knows I'm an unbeliever) that I don't believe in god, but IF he exists, I don't like him very much.

• Like 3

That's what I'm sayin.

Guest Furball

Why does it seem like a human being with even moderate compassion for fellow humans would behave better than the bible's conception of god?

I don't like him very much.

see above quote

What has never made sense to me, is if Jesus died for our sins, so we wouldn't have to, in order for us to have the promise of salvation...why do I still need to worry over salvation? (if I'm a Christian)   huh.png

Guest Furball

i had that problem as well, even when i was a christian i found that the bible still left way too many questions about my salvation open

What has never made sense to me, is if Jesus died for our sins, so we wouldn't have to, in order for us to have the promise of salvation...why do I still need to worry over salvation? (if I'm a Christian)   huh.png

I am an Ex Christian, and I am definitely not defending their ideology because it definitely has holes in it.  But just for the sake of the argument, I wanted to add this clarification:  

Per the Bible: Jesus did not die so we did not have to die. He died so we did not have to die forever.  We lost the possibility for resurrection.  Jesus' death provided a way for us to receive resurrection.  But this resurrection only granted to those who believe.  But James says that faith without works is dead.  So to believe meant to produce fruit, to be good.  So if you're good, the resurrection is given to you as a gift (because there is no way you can just earn it by yourself.)  But you still have to be good in order to claim the gift.   It's like the Santa Claus idea: you get presents only if you've been good.  If you've been naughty, you don't get the present. 

Although some Christians get confused in their theology because they claim that during tribulation (after the Rapture) you can't benefit from Jesus' death, but you will be saved by your own death and suffering.  But that doesn't make sense. Many Christians have been suffering during persecution for years. So if you could be saved by your own suffering and death, many martyrs would have saved themselves.  But I don't think Christians believe that. So therefore there is a big hole here.

If Jesus crushed Satan's head what what was the effect e.g was it supposed to destroy him.

Surely Satan is more alive today than ever so Jesus didn't obviously do a good enough job.

Also if Jesus had an encounter with Satan why not vanish him out of existence considering Satan would fuck up gods future plan.

How do we know Satan did not possess Jesus what Jesus said and done outright contradicted the OT so there has to be something fucked occuring

Just for the sake of argument...  the point was that Christ removed the POWER of Satan over believers.  Satan is the Accuser and he can say: he is mine, he is a sinner.  But God says: no, he has been redeemed, he is mine now.

God still needs Satan to do some work for him. In Revelation it says that there was a 1000 year reign of God on Earth while Satan was bound in the Abyss, but then after that Satan was released from prison so he could deceive the nations all over again.  I think the point is this is the way God tests people. Although I don't know why if he knows their hearts and even knows from the beginning which will be good and which will be bad.

The only explanation that I heard is that God wanted our approval in such decisions and he wanted to show us that his choosing is right: so he wanted to say: see, these people didn't make it... look at their life.  And I knew that they wouldn't make it, so I didn't even choose them from before the world began.

Anyways, I do not believe these things, but I do like to play around with ideas and these are just as fun as others...

By the way,  in the book of Job (Old Testament) it says that Satan came into God's presence along with others of God's court... I am sure he wouldn't be allowed into God's presence if he was truly his enemy in the Christian sense.

It reminds me of movies about different gods... like for example, a goddess of love would talk to a god of war... I am sure they don't get along very well, but it seems that sometimes they may get together and cooperate to accomplish a common goal.  But they don't terminate each other, they co exist.

So it sounds that God and Satan of the book of Job had a similar kind of relationship; they don't seem to be like the God of the New Testament or the Satan of the New Testament.

By the way, did you know that in Revelation it says that God bound Satan, the great dragon, and imprisoned him in the Abyss?  And Zeus also had a fight with some dragon like mystical Being (Typhoon or something, equivalent to Satan the dragon from the Revelation) and also imprisoned him in the Abyss?

The only explanation that I heard is that God wanted our approval in such decisions and he wanted to show us that his choosing is right: so he wanted to say: see, these people didn't make it... look at their life.  And I knew that they wouldn't make it, so I didn't even choose them from before the world began.

This would make sense....if only innocent, kind, good, devout believers never suffered from horrible, painful diseases, rapes, abuse, torture, tragedy or painful, early deaths.

Just sayin.

Guest Furball

By the way, did you know that in Revelation it says that God bound Satan, the great dragon, and imprisoned him in the Abyss?  And Zeus also had a fight with some dragon like mystical Being (Typhoon or something, equivalent to Satan the dragon from the Revelation) and also imprisoned him in the Abyss?

the bible rips off numerous mythologies and pawns it off as original