Goodbye Jesus

The Sould Is In The Blood...?

Guest Gothicrip

Guest Gothicrip

Just something I thought I read about a long time ago, I can't remember the exact verse. I remembered someone mentioning that the soul is in the blood?I tried googling it up and came up with this website on Levictus 17; http://www.bartleby.com/108/03/17.html

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Heb. 9.22 "

(bolding mine)

Just needed some clarifying.

(P.S. I m not sure if I should've posted this in this section so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.)

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

If your question is if the "soul" really is in the blood or not, the answer is no. The "soul" (or awareness etc) is in the brain.

If the question is if "life" is in the blood, it's only half true. Since without blood, you die, but without heart, brain, skeleton or spinal cord, you'll die too, so life is depending on many components to work, and blood is only a part, yet an important part.

If your question is if the Bible believe these things, and Christians too, yes, that's true. Which would invalidate some of the anti-abortion movement, since a fetus doesn't have blood until the 3rd week, and shouldn't be considered alive according to the Bible until then.