Goodbye Jesus

Christian Parents

Vixentrox

When brainwashing your children into the faith, do you use the unvarnished bible stories of rape, muder, incestious sex, and genocide? Do you gloss over those parts or LIE altogether about them? For example, with the Noah story, do you inform your children about the floating corpses of babies that surely must have been around when you god killed them with the flood? If your not teaching your children what it really says in the bible, why not? Isn't God's word, ALL OF IT, appropriate?

If you don't brainwash your children into the faith, explain why not.

They always told me that Noah tried to warn the other people but they didn't listen. It was only much later that I discovered that it never says that in the Bible.

Guess no Christians here want to share.

Guess no Christians here want to share.

It's one of those uncomfortable little topics most Xians don't have ready answers for. They need to meet and pray over it (ie, get together and make stuff up) in order to explain it. It takes time to twist the clear and demonic meaning of the Holah Babble to justify everything.

Guest mj's damaged

Yeah. Let's call the pastor cuz I have not any answers! Oh pastor, I have a question I can't answer but you can since you went to that bible school. I know you have all the answers, what is the name of that book? is it called, "easy way to b/s your way thru tough question the bible can't answer"?

When I was five my mother who, at that time, was Methodist/Agnostic sent me to Sunday School via the bus that picks up kids. They told me about Aken's (sp) little kids and I was terrified. I came home from church and told my mother and she refused to send me to church again. She was horrified that they would tell such a heinous story to a bunch of five year olds.

Fast forward 8 years, and my mother has an "experience" in a fundy church. She had demons cast out of her and was filled the Holy Spirit.

I wish I could tell my mom that she was right all those years ago. I haven't told her about my deconversion. She isn't well physically or emotionally right now and depends heavily on her faith to get her through her physical and emotional hardships.

Taph

Still no Christians willing to take this on. They even had Sunday [the FAKE Sabbath day] to confer with thier preachers.

Still no Christians willing to take this on. They even had Sunday [the FAKE Sabbath day] to confer with thier preachers.

Did some christians at least read this thread?

Or are they all back to the christianforums?

I would assume some have seen it, if only becuase we have a number of Christian regulars on the site who lurk in the Lion's den.

When brainwashing your children into the faith, do you use the unvarnished bible stories of rape, muder, incestious sex, and genocide? Do you gloss over those parts or LIE altogether about them? For example, with the Noah story, do you inform your children about the floating corpses of babies that surely must have been around when you god killed them with the flood? If your not teaching your children what it really says in the bible, why not? Isn't God's word, ALL OF IT, appropriate?

If you don't brainwash your children into the faith, explain why not.

The best way to counteract brainwashing is to tell them what would have happened if god did flood the world. All I ever got was the sweet little fluffy story of all the happy looking animals. It never crossed my mind about the 'other' people actually being of any worth.

That is just what I tell my daughter now because she has been given a childs book about the Ark. I told her there would be innocent dead babies and animals that were drowned if that did happen. She wasn't too pleased about that. No one will brainwash my child...damnit!

I would assume some have seen it, if only becuase we have a number of Christian regulars on the site who lurk in the Lion's den.

Yeah, good luck getting them to answer though. Fear runs deep in those ones.

Guest mj's damaged

Yeah this is a topic that they typically run from. I can only wish that those lurking xians went back to their own forum, but we'd miss out on all the fun. :HaHa:

Whenever I asked a tought question, I would either

1. Get an answer that I thought "wow....thats really unfair of god to do that"

2. Get an answer that was blatenly pulled out of someones ass.

example:

Me: "soo...you're saying that, even if a person is really nice and good, they'll still go to hell if they dont accept jesus?

Answer: "Yeah, pretty much."

Me: "What happened to all the people who died BEFORE jesus came to forgive us for our sins? They didn't get a chance to go to heaven, thats unfair."

Answer: "aahh...well, they got a second chance afterward. Yeah, thats it"

I love when they try to give extra-Babblical explanations which are clearly a sop for their consciences, like when they say that Jesus' sacrifice reached magically through time and space and affected all times and places, or that those who died before Jesus came are in some sort of "limbo" and he freed them after he died. Absolutely none of that is taught in the Babble, and the fabricators of that blasted book never took into account that anyone would question this facet of their deathcult.

Without saying that Jesus was able to magically save everyone, regardless of if they were even alive in his time or not, is just bullcrap. It's how modern Xians rationalize their irrational cult. It's how they trick themselves into believing their ancestors or the innocent folks on remote islands or their dead children can meet them in heaven. They have to have that safety net, or else Xianity would lose loads of adherents simply through this simple emotional obstacle to which the Babble offers no manner of getting around.

It also makes me believe more in the theory that the original Jesus fanclub didn't intend for their doomsday cult to be an everlasting religion and they were convinced the world would end within their generation, precisely as foretold.

Xianity is 2000 years past its due date and it stinks worse than spoiled milk.

Still no Christians touching this one. My they are weak in the faith arn't they?

Still no Christians touching this one. My they are weak in the faith arn't they?

Well, my kids can read about all that if they want. It's no more scarier or violent than anything that comes on the big screen these days. As for the brainwashing part, when is teaching my kids to be tolerant and kind to one another a bad thing? How about when I tell them to help those less fortunate, is that going to destroy their fragile little minds?

Well, my kids can read about all that if they want. It's no more scarier or violent than anything that comes on the big screen these days. As for the brainwashing part, when is teaching my kids to be tolerant and kind to one another a bad thing? How about when I tell them to help those less fortunate, is that going to destroy their fragile little minds?

Actually KalEl (cool name BTW, it's my cats name) many Christians would disagree with you. Noah Webster (the Dictionary guy) edited a censored version of the Bible, where the dirty parts were taken out. The Webster's 1833 Bible is very popular in the Christian Home School set.

Taph

Actually KalEl (cool name BTW, it's my cats name) many Christians would disagree with you. Noah Webster (the Dictionary guy) edited a censored version of the Bible, where the dirty parts were taken out. The Webster's 1833 Bible is very popular in the Christian Home School set.

Taph

I don't care if other parents would agree with me or not. If they would like to know the true nature of the Bible, they can read it. I will still take them to church and raise them in the Christian faith.

Well, my kids can read about all that if they want. It's no more scarier or violent than anything that comes on the big screen these days. As for the brainwashing part, when is teaching my kids to be tolerant and kind to one another a bad thing.

When you use Jesus.

How about when I tell them to help those less fortunate, is that going to destroy their fragile little minds?

Yes, with the illogicity of it all. Since the meek are going to inherit the Earth, it should be a good thing for people to be less fortunate.

no one is saying that there isn't violence in movies nor is anyone saying there isn't good ideas in the bible...like helping those less fortunate. However, those good ideas can be taught without the bible, they are infact found in many other religions.

The point of this thread has nothing to do with the good parts of the bible, but how you would chose to explain the worse parts of it to your kids.

Would you let your kids go watch a movie where a woman is brutally raped and beat all night while her husband did nothing to stop it, and then her body was cut into pieces by her husband the next day? You are as good as doing just that whenever you let your child read the old testiment.

How would you expain this sort of thing to your child if they asked you about it? and if you aren't aware of the story I am referencing look it up in judges 19:22-30. In any case its your job as a parent to moniter what your kids read or watch, so if you haven't read this passage and you are letting your kids read the bible then shame on you :nono:

So how would you explain it?

Anyone who would actually teach their children about the demon the Jews worshipped and called "Yahweh" has some issues, or at the very least is totally blind to reality. Good morals are found in human nature as well as other religions, and often better expressed. Hell, I am no Wiccan, but the classic Wiccan rede of "And it harm none, do as thou wilt" is far more superior a morality than any of the Ten Commandments.

But then again, it doesn't surprise me that Xian parents would teach them that their god incinerated cities and drowned the entire world in a pissy rage at one point; they also teach their kids that their god will roast their miserable souls for all eternity if they do not sell their souls to Jesus and Friends.

When you look at it from the outside, it really seems utterly preposterous that anyone would teach this utter and absolute FILTH to a child.

Well...at least ONE of our resident Christians answered. More than I thought would.

no one is saying that there isn't violence in movies nor is anyone saying there isn't good ideas in the bible...like helping those less fortunate. However, those good ideas can be taught without the bible, they are infact found in many other religions.

The point of this thread has nothing to do with the good parts of the bible, but how you would chose to explain the worse parts of it to your kids.

Would you let your kids go watch a movie where a woman is brutally raped and beat all night while her husband did nothing to stop it, and then her body was cut into pieces by her husband the next day? You are as good as doing just that whenever you let your child read the old testiment.

How would you expain this sort of thing to your child if they asked you about it? and if you aren't aware of the story I am referencing look it up in judges 19:22-30. In any case its your job as a parent to moniter what your kids read or watch, so if you haven't read this passage and you are letting your kids read the bible then shame on you :nono:

So how would you explain it?

Her husband was the one who threw her out there.

The rest of the story:

When the elders of Isreal received the body parts, they were enraged due to the fact the town had not been hospitable to a visitor (the man). So, they slaughtered the entire town with a few of the men escaping into the woods.

Due to thier unhospitality they vowed to not give their daughters in marriage to any of the men in the town. However, this caused a problem since the tribe of Dan would die out. So, they took their young daughters of marrying age to a field near where the escapees were and let them drag off the daughter of their choice.

Family Values of the Bible.

Taph